ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3801 of 3903
« First < 2801330137013751379137973798379938003801 3802380338043805381138513901 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:16 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I posted the definition of leaky vaccines, not my thoughts on the study
Liar.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:18 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Liar.
Go ahead, I'm waiting.

By the definition of "leaky vaccines" just posted how do the COVID-19 shots fit?

Prove they aren't leaky by that definition.
[Reply]
Fish 09:19 AM 12-01-2021
That has nothing to do with the definition of leaky vaccines.

I would change the subject too if I just stuck my foot in my mouth like you did though.
:-)... I provided a response directly from the author of the study you were trying to use.
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:20 AM 12-01-2021
If the definition of a "leaky" vaccine is that it doesn't prevent infection completely, all vaccines are "leaky." No vaccine provides 100% efficacy, or sterilizing immunity.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:24 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
If the definition of a "leaky" vaccine is that it doesn't prevent infection completely, all vaccines are "leaky." No vaccine provides 100% efficacy, or sterilizing immunity.
That's not the definition.

They name vaccines which aren't.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:25 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)... I provided a response directly from the author of the study you were trying to use.
That's great and as I said a change of subject.

If you think this is persuasive bring it to DC where people are arguing vaccines.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:26 AM 12-01-2021
Go ahead, I'm waiting.

By the definition of "leaky vaccines" just posted how do the COVID-19 shots fit?

Prove they aren't leaky by that definition.
You are a liar and try to present yourself as a reasonable person just pointing out things, but the reality is that you have an agenda and are just spreading FUD.

I'm not sure anything you've posted as fact has actually been anything but conjecture, and you certainly have never come back and admitted when your wildly wrong posts proved inaccurate.

Your refusal to even address the authors clarification of the post you used to call the COVID vaccines leaky is a clear indictment of your intent.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:27 AM 12-01-2021
God help me, I'm going to regret posting in the middle of this argument.

There is clearly a misconception being thrown about. The idea that viruses become weaker, or less lethal, over time is not necessarily true. Does it often happen? Yes. But a virus seeks to spread its genetic material. There is nothing in there that requires it to mutate to become less virulent. COVID-19 is not particularly deadly. It just isn't. It's not Ebola. It could continue to mutate to spread more easily and maintain its current virulence or even become more virulent. I don't think that's likely, but it is absolutely within the realm of possibility.

Now, to balance that, anecdotal reports from doctors in Africa are that the newest variant is manifesting with less severe symptoms, most notably a decrease in the loss of taste and smell which has been a hallmark of COVID infections thus far.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:28 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You are a liar and try to present yourself as a reasonable person just pointing out things, but the reality is that you have an agenda and are just spreading FUD.

I'm not sure anything you've posted as fact has actually been anything but conjecture, and you certainly have never come back and admitted when your wildly wrong posts proved inaccurate.
I have a POV. That POV is obvious in DC. Here, I simply pointed out a definition and you obviously don't like that.

So instead of crying about it you can

1.Show there is a better, more accepted definition

2.Show the Covid-19 vaccines are not leaky based on the definition I posted.

Looks like you gave up on 2.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:30 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
God help me, I'm going to regret posting in the middle of this argument.

There is clearly a misconception being thrown about. The idea that viruses become weaker, or less lethal, over time is not necessarily true. Does it often happen? Yes. But a virus seeks to spread its genetic material. There is nothing in there that requires it to mutate to become less virulent. COVID-19 is not particularly deadly. It just isn't. It's not Ebola. It could continue to mutate to spread more easily and maintain its current virulence or even become more virulent. I don't think that's likely, but it is absolutely within the realm of possibility.

Now, to balance that, anecdotal reports from doctors in Africa are that the newest variant is manifesting with less severe symptoms, most notably a decrease in the loss of taste and smell which has been a hallmark of COVID infections this far.
Let me ask you something. Who is more likely to spread a virus?

A guy dying in bed who can barely move or a guy who feels a little off but goes about his normal activities?
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:30 AM 12-01-2021
That's not the definition.

They name vaccines which aren't.
It seems to be exactly what you think the definition is:

which means they reduce symptoms but people can still be infected by the viruses.

People can still be infected means less than 100% efficacy and not a sterilizing immunity vaccine, no?

Most human vaccines, such as for polio, and the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine are perfect vaccines, so they also stop transmission of the disease in question
The vaccines for those illnesses don't provide 100% efficacy, either. People can and do still get those illnesses after vaccination. It's just very rare. So no, they aren't perfect:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mmr/public/index.html

One dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella. Two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps. MMR is an attenuated (weakened) live virus vaccine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:32 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
It seems to be exactly what you think the definition is:

which means they reduce symptoms but people can still be infected by the viruses.

People can still be infected means less than 100% efficacy and not a sterilizing immunity vaccine, no?

The vaccines for those illnesses don't provide 100% efficacy, either. People can and do still get those illnesses after vaccination. It's just very rare. So no, they aren't perfect:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mmr/public/index.html

One dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella. Two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps. MMR is an attenuated (weakened) live virus vaccine.

Don't compare Covid-19 shots against measles or mumps vaccines for infection.

No comparison.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:33 AM 12-01-2021
I have a POV. That POV is obvious in DC. Here, I simply pointed out a definition and you obviously don't like that.

So instead of crying about it you can

1.Show there is a better, more accepted definition

2.Show the Covid-19 vaccines are not leaky based on the definition I posted.

Looks like you gave up on 2.
Blather to deflect from your agenda. You lie constantly on this topic. It is a fact.

I can't address your point 2 because it isn't a known quantity at this point, as the author you use to define leaky vaccines so aptly points out in his own perfect rebuttal to your constant lies on the topic. So no need to even talk about it since you refuse to even address your sources rebuttal to your assertions on the topic.

Your point 1 is abstract and not germane to the discussion. It is merely a distraction from your constant lies.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:34 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Your own response from the author literally proved what he was saying.

We don't know at the moment how leaky these things are. It's conceivable that they are actually close to non-leaky.

No where in there does he say these vaccines aren't by definition leaky. Just that it could be conceivable that they are close to non leaky.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 12-01-2021
Don't compare Covid-19 shots against measles or mumps vaccines for infection.

No comparison.
DNA vs RNA.

That being said, they're doing pretty well.
[Reply]
Page 3801 of 3903
« First < 2801330137013751379137973798379938003801 3802380338043805381138513901 > Last »
Up