ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3697 of 3903
« First < 2697319735973647368736933694369536963697 3698369937003701370737473797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:09 PM 08-27-2021
This is very upsetting.

@DavidBegnaud: U.S. Army veteran Daniel Wilkinson, of Texas, died of a treatable illness because the Covid crisis left him without an available ICU bed even though he lives 3 houses down from an emergency room and 60 miles away from some of the greatest healthcare facilities in the world. https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/sta...523971/video/1
[Reply]
TLO 04:33 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is very upsetting.

@DavidBegnaud: U.S. Army veteran Daniel Wilkinson, of Texas, died of a treatable illness because the Covid crisis left him without an available ICU bed even though he lives 3 houses down from an emergency room and 60 miles away from some of the greatest healthcare facilities in the world. https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/sta...523971/video/1
:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 04:37 PM 08-27-2021
Gah. That's fucked up.
[Reply]
TLO 04:39 PM 08-27-2021
This is purely an emotional response to that video.

I'm sure this is already going on in hospitals around the country, but someone needs to be having a serious discussion about rationing care with the public. If you choose not to protect yourself with a readily accessible vaccine, and you end up in the hospital needing care, you go to the back of the line. No shaming. No guilt trips. Just lay out the facts.

That man should not have died from a gallstone.
[Reply]
carlos3652 04:51 PM 08-27-2021
I wonder if Hospitals didn’t plan or prepare for having the same or worse influx of Covid patients due to the fact that the vaccine was supposed to stop transmission. Back in March, the CDC and Biden mentioned that the data (at that time, pre delta) was stopping transmission of the virus. Considering that more than 70% of adults have taken the vaccine, it seems to me that the hope was that what they budgeted and planned for was enough.

I also know school boards planned with this in mind - as the quarantine rules did not apply to vaccinated teachers in close contact to positive covid teachers. Non vaccinated teachers have to quarantine at home for 10 days while vaccinated teachers can continue in the building. Same for vaccinated students (This is terribly outdated but still a policy at my wife’s school as well as my sons HS

Delta really screwed up that planning and in July the cdc started to mention that transmission was the same and not stopped.

I think we need to stop planning / budgeting like we have this under control.

And our policies need to change based on the latest data that we have.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:52 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't see the need. If you're immune naive, sure. Get the vaccine. Or get Covid.

But if you've had either, I just don't see the need.

Unless you're older or immunocompromised.
Well I've either already had it and did fine or I never got it. My personal belief is that when I got sick in January before SB LIV that's what I had. Now we know China lied about earliest cases and a likely patient/s 0.

Specifically I know I don't need the poke. In 10 years I might. Other people might and that's your decision to make. I don't think this shot should be taken or avoided due to politics or popularity. You know your health. You've had over a year of Covid to know how you personally react to it. Go to the web sites of the vaccine manufacturers. READ EVERYTHING THEY STATE and make your own decisions. Some are definitely more effective than others.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:54 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is very upsetting.

There was a guy in KS who had something similar happen just today. Need to find that story. It was in the Star.

Edit: here it is: https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...253764933.html
[Reply]
Coach 05:34 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:

I'm sure this is already going on in hospitals around the country, but someone needs to be having a serious discussion about rationing care with the public. If you choose not to protect yourself with a readily accessible vaccine, and you end up in the hospital needing care, you go to the back of the line. No shaming. No guilt trips. Just lay out the facts.

Another issue is the staffing shortage as well. I can only imagine that these nurses/orderly/doctors are completely burnt out that they just no longer enjoy the job anymore and they just quit.

Burnout is real.
[Reply]
carlos3652 05:42 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Another issue is the staffing shortage as well. I can only imagine that these nurses/orderly/doctors are completely burnt out that they just no longer enjoy the job anymore and they just quit.

Burnout is real.
On top of the of the ones being fired. It’s rough out there, I can’t even imagine.
[Reply]
Coach 05:56 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
On top of the of the ones being fired. It’s rough out there, I can’t even imagine.
Good point, forgot about that one too (re: those being fired for refusing the vaccination) which also has to be considered.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:02 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Good point, forgot about that one too (re: those being fired for refusing the vaccination) which also has to be considered.
I am sure there have been few deaths as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Well I've either already had it and did fine or I never got it. My personal belief is that when I got sick in January before SB LIV that's what I had. Now we know China lied about earliest cases and a likely patient/s 0.

Specifically I know I don't need the poke. In 10 years I might. Other people might and that's your decision to make. I don't think this shot should be taken or avoided due to politics or popularity. You know your health. You've had over a year of Covid to know how you personally react to it. Go to the web sites of the vaccine manufacturers. READ EVERYTHING THEY STATE and make your own decisions. Some are definitely more effective than others.
You can never tell how you will react to any disease the first , second or even third time and calling it the poke or jab makes you come across a little childish , and sorry to break it to you but you most likely don’t know your body better than your doctors do.

If you know for sure you had it sure you probably have some protection but to what extent you have know idea not everyone has the same immune system , most doctors would still recommend a way to avoid getting it again.
[Reply]
loochy 07:25 PM 08-27-2021

This 100%
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:53 PM 08-27-2021

Nope. If you refuse the vaccine, and then think you need to go to the hospital due to contracting Covid, you should be given a discount coupon to the local feedlot for your dose of Ivermectin and told to GTFO. Patients who took care of themselves and legitimately need medical care are getting denied because these mouth breathing morons are overrunning our hospitals.

I was on a call this morning and bedspace all across the state is a literal minute by minute opening in this part of the country. One hospital locally had to transfer a patient to WI recently due to a lack of bedspace.

These asshats are literally killing other people.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:57 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
I wonder if Hospitals didn’t plan or prepare for having the same or worse influx of Covid patients due to the fact that the vaccine was supposed to stop transmission. Back in March, the CDC and Biden mentioned that the data (at that time, pre delta) was stopping transmission of the virus. Considering that more than 70% of adults have taken the vaccine, it seems to me that the hope was that what they budgeted and planned for was enough.

I also know school boards planned with this in mind - as the quarantine rules did not apply to vaccinated teachers in close contact to positive covid teachers. Non vaccinated teachers have to quarantine at home for 10 days while vaccinated teachers can continue in the building. Same for vaccinated students (This is terribly outdated but still a policy at my wife’s school as well as my sons HS

Delta really screwed up that planning and in July the cdc started to mention that transmission was the same and not stopped.

I think we need to stop planning / budgeting like we have this under control.

And our policies need to change based on the latest data that we have.
Part of the issue is that people with pre-existing conditions had to put off medical care earlier in the pandemic so they didn't get the treatment they needed when they needed it. For many, those conditions have worsened and are now in need of acute care. Basically, you have a perfect storm of people who were told to put off their medical care colliding with the morons who refuse to wear a mask and/or get the vaccine and both are hitting the hospitals at the same time.
[Reply]
Page 3697 of 3903
« First < 2697319735973647368736933694369536963697 3698369937003701370737473797 > Last »
Up