ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 104
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:50 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Andy Reid is the best coach in Chiefs history. I know Stram is an all-time great but with his history in Philly and what he's done in KC, Andy just has more "feathers" in his cap.

And right now, he's easily top 2-3 in terms of active NFL coaches. I'd put him right up there with Bill.
I know that I got crushed for saying this before, but what Marty did for the franchise was more impressive than what Reid has done.

Yes, I know we have been to 2 Super Bowls, but we were not that far removed from winning seasons when Reid got here. Marty rebuilt a franchise that had nearly two and a half decades of being one of the historic bottom feeders the NFL had ever seen.

Also, Reid worked with an owner who was not afraid to draft a 1st round QB. Lamar, was scared to death of either whiffing again, and Carl was absolutely against hitching his employment and reputation to a possible 1st round bust.

Carl gave Marty QBs like Steve DeBerg, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac. The ONE TIME that Carl gave Marty a legitimate top tier QB, he went to the AFC Championship game. And that QB was clearly at the diminished abilities stage of his career, and had battled injuries for several seasons.

Overall, Reid is a better NFL head coach than Marty, considering his history with Philly and KC, but Marty gets saddled with the playoff losses that were often equally Carl Peterson's fault, like when Carl didn't pay Lowery so he could pocket a bonus, and his cheap kicker missed 3 MFing field goals.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tk13 11:23 PM 01-23-2022
-With today's win, Reid ties Don Shula for 3rd all time in playoff wins with 19. A win next week would tie him with Tom Landry for 2nd.

-Next week will be Reid's 9th conference title game. Only Belichick and Landry have more. He's also now taken two teams to 4 straight conference championship games.

Also going off last week's stat, he now has more Chiefs playoff wins than every other Chiefs coach combined.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:00 AM 01-24-2022
Andy has gigabytes

and this year he saved an entire hard drive for the playoffs
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:04 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know that I got crushed for saying this before, but what Marty did for the franchise was more impressive than what Reid has done.
We were 2-14 coming off a murder-suicide and Reid started with 9 straight wins and has won 6 straight AFC West championships, taken the team to 4 consecutive home AFCCGs, and won a Super Bowl.

I don't think anything any NFL coach has ever done is clearly more impressive than what Reid has done.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:14 AM 01-24-2022
The dude may as well be leading the Rohirrim. I can't believe this legend is our head coach.

one of the hardest lines ever spit was spit by andy reid and we're all just gonna have to live with that https://t.co/xaLffLfujZ

— booster douglas (@not_carlisle) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The dude may as well be leading the Rohirrim. I can't believe this legend is our head coach.
He truly is our King Theoden.

And when he is done, I will give him a King's sendoff.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:22 AM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We were 2-14 coming off a murder-suicide and Reid started with 9 straight wins and has won 6 straight AFC West championships, taken the team to 4 consecutive home AFCCGs, and won a Super Bowl.

I don't think anything any NFL coach has ever done is clearly more impressive than what Reid has done.
We had one playoff appearance in almost 25 years, coming off a couple of 2-14 seasons, and Marty won the 3rd most games in the 90s behind the 49ers and Bills.

Marty literally resurrected a broken, doormat of a franchise. We were only a couple of years removed from playoff appearances when Reid got here.

Again, overall, Reid is a better NFL Head Coach, but what Marty did was like what Snyder did at K-State.

[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 12:41 AM 01-24-2022
These are the good 'ol days. Enjoy them!
[Reply]
Coach 12:45 AM 01-24-2022
Andy has done a lot of silly things and some "WTF" moments, that definitely makes us bang our heads on the wall and curse.

But at the same time, when a coach takes a team to 4 consecutive NFC and AFC Championship games, that's pretty fucking impressive thing to do, and that shit isn't easy.

I'm glad he is our HC, even with the warts he has.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 AM 01-29-2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:00 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
We had one playoff appearance in almost 25 years, coming off a couple of 2-14 seasons, and Marty won the 3rd most games in the 90s behind the 49ers and Bills.

Marty literally resurrected a broken, doormat of a franchise. We were only a couple of years removed from playoff appearances when Reid got here.

Again, overall, Reid is a better NFL Head Coach, but what Marty did was like what Snyder did at K-State.

2-14. Todd Haley. Romeo Crennel. Matt Cassel.

candy wrappers in the stairwell. Belcher.

No. This franchise was as low as a franchise can get. There was nothing here.

You're letting nostalgia get the better of your judgement.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:42 AM 01-29-2022
Mahomes is the difference.

Andy in 5 years with Alex Smith missed the playoffs once, and was steering the ship on two of the biggest postseason collapses in NFL HISTORY.

When you get a guy that can do the things that #15 does, a lot of big decisions don't even manifest themselves.

He's a great, solid coach. But let's be honest here.

Jim Johnsons ferocious defenses were more the reason for those NFCCG appearances in philly, and rightfully so, the rules back then were more favorable to defenses.

With new rules favoring offenses, Andy was able to take a safe throw or sack game manager qb in Alex Smith, and right a sinking ship, but did absolutely **** all in the post season. 2 catastrophic legendary collapses, and a home game where his defense surrendered only 6 fgs but his offense simply could not do anything.

For all his offensive "genious" he was also the author of the only season in NFL history where a wr did not catch a touchdown pass.

With Mahomes, it's not even remotely close to how it was.

Andy has done a PHENOMENAL job of capitalizing on Patrick Mahomes' talent. When you have the best qb on the planet, in a league whose rules favor offense heavily, if you do your job you should be in the dance. A Dee Ford pre snap penalty and a trash ass Bob Sutton defense kept him from 3 straight superbowl appearances.

I'll always appreciate what Andy has done for the Chiefs, but my view of him as a coach doesn't have him up on this pedestal that many have him on.

A lot of people lament Andy Reid eventually retiring, but I feel like whoever comes in here, if Andy retired TODAY, the Chiefs with a healthy Patrick Mahomes are going to be a force for the next decade.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:38 AM 01-31-2022
Bump
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:46 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Mahomes is the difference.

Andy in 5 years with Alex Smith missed the playoffs once, and was steering the ship on two of the biggest postseason collapses in NFL HISTORY.

When you get a guy that can do the things that #15 does, a lot of big decisions don't even manifest themselves.

He's a great, solid coach. But let's be honest here.

Jim Johnsons ferocious defenses were more the reason for those NFCCG appearances in philly, and rightfully so, the rules back then were more favorable to defenses.

With new rules favoring offenses, Andy was able to take a safe throw or sack game manager qb in Alex Smith, and right a sinking ship, but did absolutely **** all in the post season. 2 catastrophic legendary collapses, and a home game where his defense surrendered only 6 fgs but his offense simply could not do anything.

For all his offensive "genious" he was also the author of the only season in NFL history where a wr did not catch a touchdown pass.

With Mahomes, it's not even remotely close to how it was.

Andy has done a PHENOMENAL job of capitalizing on Patrick Mahomes' talent. When you have the best qb on the planet, in a league whose rules favor offense heavily, if you do your job you should be in the dance. A Dee Ford pre snap penalty and a trash ass Bob Sutton defense kept him from 3 straight superbowl appearances.

I'll always appreciate what Andy has done for the Chiefs, but my view of him as a coach doesn't have him up on this pedestal that many have him on.

A lot of people lament Andy Reid eventually retiring, but I feel like whoever comes in here, if Andy retired TODAY, the Chiefs with a healthy Patrick Mahomes are going to be a force for the next decade.
Now this is a post that actually did age well, unfortunately. Yeah, I'll always love Andy for the title and the overall run and he's obviously a HOFer, but it will be impossible to tell his story without including the brutal collapses and such.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:04 AM 01-31-2022
This is just fucking baffling that people are putting the lions share of the blame on Reid for yesterday.

Mahomes is the one that cost us at least 3 points at the end of the half.

Mahomes is the one that threw a god awful interception to a DT on a fucking RPO.

Mahomes is the one that killed our 1st and goal from the 5 drive with inexcusable decision after inexcusable decision.

Reid did what everyone here screeched at him to do. He left it almost entirely in Mahomes hands.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 104
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up