DO NOT WANT!
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:03 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by Scorp:
DO NOT WANT!
This x 1,000,000
[Reply]
sedated 05:16 PM 12-30-2012
Id take Andy Reid as our coachin a second. He's a QB guy and has worn out his time in Philly, he didnt just forget how to coach (Im sure the issues with his kids didnt help either).

Someone will hire him and he will turn their team around.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:18 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by sedated:
Id take Andy Reid as our coachin a second. He's a QB guy and has worn out his time in Philly, he didnt just forget how to coach (Im sure the issues with his kids didnt help either).

Someone will hire him and he will turn their team around.
It's like Marty in KC. Good coach that needs a change of scenery
[Reply]
GoChargers 05:19 PM 12-30-2012
He's not a good coach. He's a fat version of Norv. He'll fail in any scenery.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:20 PM 12-30-2012
Unless we go for fresh blood as a HC (a coordinator or college HC who have never been a NFL HC) then I would not have an issue with Reid if we go the retread route. He has been to more conference championship games and SBs than all HCs in KC history.........combined not named Stram.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:24 PM 12-30-2012
They keep saying on NFLnet that Andy Reid is going be a quick hire for some team needing a coach. I find that hard to believe. I think he may land somewhere but I think teams will be reluctant to hire him. He really should take a year off and evaluate himself & just take a break.
[Reply]
sedated 05:33 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
They keep saying on NFLnet that Andy Reid is going be a quick hire for some team needing a coach. I find that hard to believe. I think he may land somewhere but I think teams will be reluctant to hire him. He really should take a year off and evaluate himself & just take a break.
He's said he wants to coach next year, he loves coaching and has no interest in time off.

Philly is just a tough place to be any sorts of sports figure - I bet they would be ready to run Peyton Manning out of town if he throws a couple of picks.

Im sure John Fox got a similar reaction when he was fired from Carolina a few years ago. That turned out pretty well for Denver, even before they got Manning and he managed to win a playoff game with Tim Tebow (and unlike us, he managed to get Manning)
[Reply]
Coach 05:39 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I agree. 14 years in one organization is a remarkable streak. Big Red should take a year off and reflect over the good and the bad, and recharge his batteries.

There'll be plenty of great opportunites for him in the end of the 2013/beginning of 2014 year.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:40 PM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by sedated:
He's said he wants to coach next year, he loves coaching and has no interest in time off.

Philly is just a tough place to be any sorts of sports figure - I bet they would be ready to run Peyton Manning out of town if he throws a couple of picks.

Im sure John Fox got a similar reaction when he was fired from Carolina a few years ago. That turned out pretty well for Denver, even before they got Manning and he managed to win a playoff game with Tim Tebow (and unlike us, he managed to get Manning)
That was more Elway than Fox, much like our inability to land Manning has more to do with Pioli than Crennel.
[Reply]
Chief Faithful 05:46 PM 12-30-2012
I'd rather see Shanahan's kid.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:12 PM 12-30-2012
Reid needs a year off. Clear his mind.
[Reply]
jAZ 12:57 AM 10-23-2013
Heh.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >