ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 343 of 382
« First < 243293333339340341342343 344345346347353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:55 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Stopped in for some liquid lunch while out by O'hare today.

Press Play is a collab with Voodoo (pictured in glass). Thiccc hazelnut brownie batter.

In Unison is a BA stout/barleywine blend.
JFC, they have a lot of good shit on tap right now.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:14 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
For my own Christmas gift, I purchased a 12-case of Birra Nursia bionda, available here: https://birranursia.com/

The beer is made by Benedictine monks in Italy. If you like Weihenstephaner Vitus, I think you would like this beer.
Cost? And what do you like about this beer?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:18 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
JFC, they have a lot of good shit on tap right now.
Yeah they rolled off some other BA taps to put on the Horus collabs. Seem they’re running at least 4 BA taps lately.
[Reply]
Jenson71 08:26 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Cost? And what do you like about this beer?
I think it cost $264 with shipping, but I also bought two chalices. I think it's $199.00 for just the case.

They are 750 ml bottles.

I'm not a big beer drinker. I like something refreshing and light and subtle hints of fruit. It smells good.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:38 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I'm not a big beer drinker. I like something refreshing and light and subtle hints of fruit. It smells good.
Next time just squeeze some free lemon or lime into a bud light.
[Reply]
Shag 08:40 PM 01-20-2022
For the KC locals, any good beer spots open late on a Saturday? Landing at 9:45pm on Sat, and wouldn't mind hitting up a good spot for a few - any recommendations?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:45 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
For the KC locals, any good beer spots open late on a Saturday? Landing at 9:45pm on Sat, and wouldn't mind hitting up a good spot for a few - any recommendations?
Where are you staying? As far as downtown is concerned, Taps on Main is open until 1:30am. Otherwise you're looking at rando bars at Power and Light.

Oak and Steel, Torn Label and Alma Mader all close early.
[Reply]
Shag 01:29 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Where are you staying? As far as downtown is concerned, Taps on Main is open until 1:30am. Otherwise you're looking at rando bars at Power and Light.

Oak and Steel, Torn Label and Alma Mader all close early.
My buddy got the hotel, but looks like the Colonial Square area. Bummer on the good spots closing early, but guess that's not super surprising. Maybe we'll check out Taps - thanks!
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:25 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
Doesn't help now, but checked out Oak and Steel Saturday night and the place is legit... great beer selection and some bourbon as well.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:33 PM 01-24-2022
Brought some great beer for tailgates and Proprietor's BCS for a celebratory sipper.... it's fantastic, with a lot of strawberry. Can't think of any other strawberry beers I've tried (Samuel Smith has one, but pretty sure I've never tried it), but this one us on point. Or "fire" as the kids would say.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:55 PM 02-04-2022
Had some great beer in KC.... really enjoyed Taps on Main and Oak & Steel as both have a great selection of beer and bourbon (granted, it was all beer for the week).

Oak & Steel had Main & Mill Valentine's Daze, which just happened to be another strawberry stout after the BCS Proprietors.

Not sure there's anything quite like ToM/O&S in Arizona, but haven't really looked for bourbon selection on top of a tap list.

KCU also brought 3 Floyds Marshmallow Handjee to last weekend's tailgate, plus another I'm not recalling at the moment.... and along with OTWP's bourbon selection, it was a pretty fucking great tailgate.

As for tonight...

[Reply]
TimBone 11:33 PM 02-05-2022
Parish Braincake Double IPA.

Strata and Cashmere aren't my preferred hops, but I'm a Parish Stan, and they do everything pretty damn well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:03 AM 02-06-2022
Had some great beer in KC.... really enjoyed Taps on Main and Oak & Steel as both have a great selection of beer and bourbon (granted, it was all beer for the week).

Oak & Steel had Main & Mill Valentine's Daze, which just happened to be another strawberry stout after the BCS Proprietors.

Not sure there's anything quite like ToM/O&S in Arizona, but haven't really looked for bourbon selection on top of a tap list.

KCU also brought 3 Floyds Marshmallow Handjee to last weekend's tailgate, plus another I'm not recalling at the moment.... and along with OTWP's bourbon selection, it was a pretty fucking great tailgate.

As for tonight...

I saw on an Instagram feed that Drekkar (Fargo, ND) cans are showing up in AZ. Not sure how wide their distro is there but they do really good fruited sours ala TG Fandango’s.
[Reply]
scho63 11:35 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Stopped in for some liquid lunch while out by O'hare today.

Press Play is a collab with Voodoo (pictured in glass). Thiccc hazelnut brownie batter.

In Unison is a BA stout/barleywine blend.

That looks excellent - really incredible how far beer has expanded and grown to spending $25-$30+ for a good large bottle and sipping like fine wine or whisky.
[Reply]
scho63 11:37 AM 02-06-2022

As for tonight...

OHSO produces some great stuff.

Next time your going to any in Scottsdale, especially the one in North Scottsdale, let me know and I'll meet up for some sampling.
[Reply]
Page 343 of 382
« First < 243293333339340341342343 344345346347353 > Last »
Up