ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Skip Towne
luv 08:27 AM 07-19-2023
To our best knowledge (basically, Bwana), Skip Towne passed away on March 24, 2023. I didn't exactly have the most positive run-ins with him, but everyone who was anyone on here in the beginning deserves a thread in the In Memoriam forum.

I say we share our best (or worst) encounters with Skip, and then, only once this thread reached 100 posts, move it. :-)
[Reply]
morphius 11:55 AM 07-19-2023
I remember messing with the reputation system a few times, changing the colors on him to red, and his counts, etc. He so needed that affirmation that it was kind of weird. But hey, RIP Skip, hope you found what made you happy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:57 AM 07-19-2023
haha

Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
I won a state championship in high school (which I can prove) and I doubt I ever hit a 300 yard drive.

[Reply]
Bwana 11:59 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Younger than I would have assumed at 77 year old. 18 years ago I felt like he was 77. :-)

I was always on the right side of the fence (KU fan) with Skip, so I never had issues with him. Think he called me a n00b a few times, but that was it.

Yeah, that was my first thought as well.
[Reply]
luv 12:01 PM 07-19-2023
Younger than I would have assumed at 77 year old. 18 years ago I felt like he was 77. :-)

I was always on the right side of the fence (KU fan) with Skip, so I never had issues with him. Think he called me a n00b a few times, but that was it.
I was never in good standing with him due to my dad having a certain lady friend. Plus, I don't think they agreed on much. When I came along, that animosity transferred over to me.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 12:13 PM 07-19-2023
Damn. RIP Mr. Towne
[Reply]
TEX 12:22 PM 07-19-2023
RIP Skip. He was a funny dude.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:22 PM 07-19-2023
Never interacted with Skip. He stopped posting by the time I really started posting. Looking at his post history and found that he had 35 posts the day before his last posts here. Seems weird he just stopped all of the sudden. He wasn't fighting with anyone. It's weird.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:27 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by luv:
I was never in good standing with him due to my dad having a certain lady friend. Plus, I don't think they agreed on much. When I came along, that animosity transferred over to me.
Your dad was dating his ex wife or something?
[Reply]
luv 12:32 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Your dad was dating his ex wife or something?
No. I believe he was just jealous.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:33 PM 07-19-2023
Never interacted with Skip. He stopped posting by the time I really started posting. Looking at his post history and found that he had 35 posts the day before his last posts here. Seems weird he just stopped all of the sudden. He wasn't fighting with anyone. It's weird.
If I remember correctly, he did one of the major no-no's here and was put in timeout.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:34 PM 07-19-2023
RIP
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:36 PM 07-19-2023
I think there was a reason, but I don't remember what it was. He got fed up with something or someone.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:37 PM 07-19-2023
If I remember correctly, he did one of the major no-no's here and was put in timeout.
Or maybe it was that. I just recall that there was a reason that he stopped posting.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:40 PM 07-19-2023
Slightly before my time... RIP.

Seems like from scanning his posts , he was pretty prolific in posting. Seemed like a sudden drop off in posting if I am running my search correctly. Very active until 1-26-2010. Lots of posts about sports and other stuff...and then 1 day later ... poof.

Anyone know why he stopped posting? I didn't see anything like fighting or butthurt in his last few posts.

Anyhow.. RIP... chiefsplanet is my home and it wouldn't be what it us without the og's like Skip

(edit: I see others asked an answered the same question. I typed this all out and was cooking. came back and hit enter and saw some other similar posts. guess we all wondering the same)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:41 PM 07-19-2023
Fucker is an afterlife n00b now. I hope someone slings some shit at him.

I never really got into it with him before I showed up in a KU thread where he said something like I have no idea who you are, probably a fucking n00b but you can’t be that bad if you’re a KU fan.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up