ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 63
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:23 AM 09-21-2022
I'll throw in a few cool kitchen-related things that I've been high on, especially after research:

Unicorn Magnum Peppermill

Thermapen One food thermometer

I follow a chef that does great videos on YouTube who recommends kitchen products from time to time based on his personal use. I would highly recommend his videos, as he's fairly scientific in his approach to food prep. He's also entertaining and incredibly knowledgeable.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:04 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
That's very cool. I use to dive as a teenager and we had the pre-tech version where the case could hold a disposable camera. It actually took decent pictures. I bet what you can pull off with your phone is impressive.

It'd be fun to get back into diving. Since I haven't been in 20+ years, I imagine I'd have to get certified again. However, I don't really have a buddy to do it with which seems problematic. Maybe in another 10 years when my son is old enough to get certified...
Outstanding, my brother had the same housing... And yes, I can't do with this what I can do with the big rig (that I'm going to sell because I find more reasons to not travel with it than I do and I always pick a smaller format for travel), but this will accomplish what I want and, ESPECIALLY, allow me to take a phone with me when shore diving in Bonaire. The wife thinks that's huge, she knows when we go into the water and when we come out, so she worries a lot less. LOL, prolly not for me, but for her sons who are with me :-) .

As for getting back into it, you were certainly certified for life, so call you local dive shop and talk to them about some refresher training. You'll find the gear has changed, for the better, but once in the water, it's still diving.

And you'll never be asked the silly question of, "where do you want to go on vacation, dear?", my wife knows already. It's on a whiteboard, by quarter of the year, then preference. Never a ship (:-)), and always has to have a dive spot, after that, she just tells me when to look for tickets.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:17 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I'll throw in a few cool kitchen-related things that I've been high on, especially after research:

I follow a chef that does great videos on YouTube who recommends kitchen products from time to time based on his personal use. I would highly recommend his videos, as he's fairly scientific in his approach to food prep. He's also entertaining and incredibly knowledgeable.
Love my Thermapen...
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:35 AM 09-21-2022
If you air fry as much as I do, and I know CP does, I love this these parchment paper linings.

Not that air fryers require a bunch of cleanup but these practically reduce it to zero.

I don't use them with everything but they work great with standard reheats and such. They work especially well with a square air fryer like Cosori.

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-No...027419411&th=1

[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 09-21-2022
I bought air pod pros finally after using cheap ear buds...i see why people like them so much.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:51 AM 09-21-2022

Kenji is legit. Wish I’d have found him years ago.

Since FMB died I’ll proudly hold the mantle of Thermoworks Stan all my thermometers are Thermoworks. I thought about pulling the trigger on a Thermapen One but it’s thought when my MK4 is still flawless.

I’ll check out that Peppermill. I’m using the OXO one americas test kitchen recommended
[Reply]
SuperChief 10:55 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Since FMB died I’ll proudly hold the mantle of Thermoworks Stan all my thermometers are Thermoworks. I thought about pulling the trigger on a Thermapen One but it’s thought when my MK4 is still flawless.

I’ll check out that Peppermill. I’m using the OXO one americas test kitchen recommended
Kenji rocks. Love all his stuff. The peppermill is one he recommended in a video. It's incredible. Have seen a positive mention elsewhere of the OXO one, so that's great it's working out for you!

Side Kenji note - I've started doing a variety of non-Asian cooking in a wok, and it kicks ass. Such a versatile piece of equipment.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09-21-2022, 11:10 AM
This message has been deleted by FlaChief58.
htismaqe 11:11 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
We got a Ninja Foodi earlier this year. It’s pricey, but it's so versatile, it's well worth the money. I use it 2-3 time a week
We love our Ninja.
[Reply]
scho63 11:15 AM 09-21-2022
Right. That's what I've been doing, but I'll have to figure out how to bleed the air.
A super tiny screwdriver that you can push in the refill stem on the bottom.
[Reply]
scho63 11:17 AM 09-21-2022
That's really cool. How new are we talking with this "dry" fluid? I'll admit, I haven't been heavily into cigars since about 2013/2014.
The cans have been around a while.
[Reply]
RedandGold 11:23 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We love our Ninja.
We bought the 6 in 1 Ninja a year ago, and get a ton of use out of it.

Same model as this one:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:05 PM 09-21-2022

OXO Peppermill, seems like I've had one forever. It's easily 15yo and still going strong.

That and their salad spinner are their two best products.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:06 PM 09-21-2022
I got something recently that I have been looking for for quite some time and I love it - an electric razor that actually works.

Because of scarring on my face, I can't use a razor with a blade. For years, I used Norelco rotary razors but because I have really thick hair, getting a close-ish shave lead to razor burn and itchiness.

Things got even worse as my beard turned (mostly) grey. My thick hair turned into wires, I think. Several years ago, I switched to a foil razor that I could use in the shower with shaving gel (Braun S5). This helped a lot but it struggled if I had more than a day's growth and really struggled on my neck.

I did some research and found the Braun Series 9 is considered the best for thick hair but I wasn't sure the almost $300 price tag was worth it. I found there was a stripped down (accessory-wise) version for $200 so decided to pull the trigger.

I was skeptical but - holy crap! - this thing really works. What used to take 6-7 passes with the S5 is pretty much gone in one, even on a couple of days of growth. It also has extra long battery life. I am really impressed with this thing and it was well worth the money.

Sorry about the life story. I just wanted to explain the years of frustration as for why I like this so much. And before someone chimes in with "just grow a beard", here's why - 1. I have almost no gray hair on my head but my beard is probably 85% gray so I look a lot older with it grown out. 2. Even though the hair is thick, it's patchy enough that it doesn't look good. 3. I hate the feeling of longer hair around my nose and on my neck. 4. Unless I want to be a neckbeard, I still have to shave the part of my neck that gives me the most trouble.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:24 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by RedandGold:
We bought the 6 in 1 Ninja a year ago, and get a ton of use out of it.

Same model as this one:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
We have the 6 in 1, 6.5 qt. I had no idea what i was missing. My wife, who doesn't like most wings because they're "too fatty" , started asking for them at least a couple times a month.

I use it 3-4 times a week
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:05 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If you air fry as much as I do, and I know CP does, I love this these parchment paper linings.

Not that air fryers require a bunch of cleanup but these practically reduce it to zero.

I don't use them with everything but they work great with standard reheats and such. They work especially well with a square air fryer like Cosori.

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-No...027419411&th=1

Added to cart... :-)
[Reply]
Page 59 of 63
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 >
Up