ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F-
dirk digler 10:33 AM 02-28-2024
I don't get this.

The @NFLPA just released their player team report cards for 2024 and the results are ... suboptimal for the Chiefs.

Head coach Andy Reid gets A+ but Chiefs rank dead last in training staff and ownership. Ownership gets an F- from the players. pic.twitter.com/2XyHkQfFru

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
Oxford 08:37 PM 02-28-2024
Such a BS survey. If an owner makes decisions on the coach/GM/staff that allow your "team" to compete for the Lombardi and the personal glory that it brings for 5 consecutive years, how does that rate a "F-"? I guess you want him to be a drinking buddy and that makes him a better owner?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:52 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Oxford:
Such a BS survey. If an owner makes decisions on the coach/GM/staff that allow your "team" to compete for the Lombardi and the personal glory that it brings for 5 consecutive years, how does that rate a "F-"? I guess you want him to be a drinking buddy and that makes him a better owner?
Honestly, I think they're misrepresenting this a little. They present it as the players just giving a grade and showing the average, but there's zero chance that our players universally think Clark is the worst owner in sports. We would have heard more of that by now.

Instead, the NFLPA asked players a variety of questions in each category and gave teams a grade based on some preconceived notions of what's important.

So, for example, they might have asked whether a player had ever felt pressured to play through an injury and dinged the training staff if the player said yes. That doesn't mean they necessarily would have given the training staff an F.

The nuance is small but important. I'd love to see their actual survey questions.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:03 PM 02-28-2024
It also sounds like they asked them to give ratings in a 0 to 100 scale. On that type of scale, the tendency is to think of 50 as average, not an F.

It seems like the survey helps to identify the teams that are generally better or worse, but framing it as a letter grade almost certainly makes it all seem worse than it actually is.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 PM 02-28-2024
Reports are saying the low locker room grades are for the training facility not the one at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 01:14 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It also sounds like they asked them to give ratings in a 0 to 100 scale. On that type of scale, the tendency is to think of 50 as average, not an F.

It seems like the survey helps to identify the teams that are generally better or worse, but framing it as a letter grade almost certainly makes it all seem worse than it actually is.
Ah that makes a lot more sense. I noticed the Chiefs rank about average on family, but the grade is only a D+. The F- is probably around a 50, which isn't that big of a deal. No way the whole team is giving Hunt a F-. This is really bad misrepresentation.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:33 AM 02-29-2024
I don't remember the time line. Didn't Hunt talk about upgrades before the Royals started this entire stadium saga?

Maybe he put upgrades on hold because he was anticipating putting a new practice facility where the K stands now.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:35 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Grown men shouldn’t have to share rooms on road trips.
Agreed. Was in the film industry for 16 years. Worked on films with a budget as low as $2-5 million, to stuff with nine digits, and whenever we shot on location, I was never once asked to share a room, even when I was starting out and was just a "lowly p.a.".
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:16 AM 02-29-2024
If this is what we have to complain about after back to back Trophies I guess we can probably be ok.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:30 AM 02-29-2024
I live less than 5 minutes from the Cowboys state of the art facilities in Frisco. They are without a doubt top of the line and Jerry spared no expense but at the end of the day they still overspend on FA and don’t draft quite well enough to be above mid. You play to win championships not meaningless award winning facilities.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:39 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How big of a chode do you have to be to get an F- from the players? .
....don't let the door hit you on the way out.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:42 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Clark’s two bedroom penthouse suite at Arrowhead > Chiefs current practice facility.
Lamar built that.

Please stop.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:52 AM 02-29-2024
I say, job well done, KC Chiefs Organization! 3 SB’s in 5 years > Some half assed NFLPA poll. How could you argue otherwise?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:23 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I'd like to see the questions that get ownership to an F-.
This...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:23 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Brooke Pryor with her pitchfork out?

No way.
:-):-):-):-)

Rep!
[Reply]
DaFace 09:25 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This...
Survey: "On a scale of 0 to 100, how would you rate your owner?"

Player: "Oh, he's not great, but he's not awful. I'll give him a 50."

NFLPA: "Clark Hunt gets an F-."

That's how I'm interpreting it anyway. I wish they'd show their detailed questions and methodology.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up