ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

Baby Lee 01:40 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Shut your fat gob, limey

Even DaFace called you a thread killer

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

Easy 6 02:02 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
wellll post SB anyway. Before that it was pretty pretty good.
The remaining glow of our Championship is the ONLY good thing about this year

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

Nope not me, I’m well past the point of being drawn into Dongs web, I’m now like the American Indians or Scots Highlanders... attack at the time and place of my choosing, then tactically retreat to plan yet another raid :-)
Frazod 02:04 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Shut your fat gob, limey

Even DaFace called you a thread killer
Like so many of DC denizens, Donger is a strife junkie. Always has been. From gleefully reporting rising astronomical gas prices to posing every inane comment in the form of a question, he lives to aggravate as many people as possible. He feeds on negative energy, just like the glowing red alien in the old Star Trek episode. I quit engaging him years ago; nothing good can come from it.

He must be having the time of his life right now.
Otter 02:15 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
What the hell is fun lately? All the news is bad. Covid and riots. Riots and covid. Rinse and repeat, and spray some disinfectant. Everybody is angry and fed up. The upcoming election has people more polarized than ever. Watching the news is like drinking a steaming cup of poison. We're all desperately hoping the season starts on time, knowing full well that all it will take to derail it is a handful of cases of this fucking hellspawn virus that seemingly pop up at will. This should have been a magnificent year for us; instead, it turned to shit.

I'm to the point now that I don't even want to talk to my lifelong best friends on the phone. Seriously, what the hell is there to talk about that doesn't suck? Every conversation eventually turns to the virus. Every trip outside the house is an exercise in bullshit, frustration and weirdness.

We all just want things to go back to normal, but there's no light at the end of the tunnel, not even the light of an oncoming train. Just darkness upon darkness. The more you think about it, the worse it looks.

It's hard to put on a happy face. Especially for some of the people here that you really don't like during the best of times, whoever they may be.
I've been throwing myself into my work lately. I'm brushing up on my LINUX to try and pick up some part time weekend work that I can do from home. People are noticeably one edge and I'm glad I don't live in a large city any longer. This whole scenario reminds me of the scene from 'V for Vendetta' where the little girl gets shot and that incident serves as a catalyst to bring London in chaos. It just feels tense.

One prediction I do have from all this with no facts to back it up: this whole thing is going to expedite the legalization of marijuana if this lasts past the new year. Our government is going to want to keep people medicated.

As far as Sturgis, I was there for the bike rally once when I worked at Harley Davidson. It struck me as a bunch of middle age men and women took over a block party and acted like college pledges for the Greek social system.
Bearcat 02:40 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
You know those numbers were confirmed inflated, right. People that were dying already given the Rona stamp to promote the fear mongering you are so clearly desperate to hold on to. Keep your mask, if it makes you feel better. Just stay away from me and I’ll stay away from you.
Well, twice as many New Yorkers died over that couple months than normal, but what you choose to do with the facts is completely up to you, I guess.

Stating facts isn't fear mongering in itself, and for every person who takes the facts as a chance to fear monger, I'd guess there's around one person who's just as desperate to downplay the facts for their own agenda.

I was personally doing the opposite of fear mongering a few months ago and assuming this would all go away in the summer months.... then the hottest part of the country opened everything up and found itself building out several new ICUs and using RNs from NYC and ordering refrigerated trucks a little while later.

But again, do what you will with the actual facts, if doing something so simple as wearing a mask is too difficult.

And if nothing else, there's always youtube to comfort people whenever reality doesn't fit what they want to believe as true.
vailpass 02:42 PM 08-16-2020
So...Sturgis? No? Okay.
eDave 02:43 PM 08-16-2020
People just aren't reacting well to the results of their detrimental attitudes being shown to them.
Bugeater 02:44 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
So...Sturgis? No? Okay.
Sturgis...yes. Smashmouth...hell no.
Pasta Little Brioni 02:46 PM 08-16-2020
People actually listen to smash mouth? I'd rather listen to donger mumble his bullshit
Bearcat 02:47 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
They folked out with guitars around a bonfire, just singin and clappin, man
vailpass 02:47 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Smashmouth or DeBerg?
Frazod 02:48 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've been throwing myself into my work lately. I'm brushing up on my LINUX to try and pick up some part time weekend work that I can do from home. People are noticeably one edge and I'm glad I don't live in a large city any longer. This whole scenario reminds me of the scene from 'V for Vendetta' where the little girl gets shot and that incident serves as a catalyst to bring London in chaos. It just feels tense.

One prediction I do have from all this with no facts to back it up: this whole thing is going to expedite the legalization of marijuana if this lasts past the new year. Our government is going to want to keep people medicated.

As far as Sturgis, I was there for the bike rally once when I worked at Harley Davidson. It struck me as a bunch of middle age men and women took over a block party and acted like college pledges for the Greek social system.
Be glad you still have a job. I know so many people who have lost theirs over this crap. Just this morning, I had to send money to one of old Navy buddies. His business failed, and he is in the process of relocating from Colorado to Arizona to start over (in his mid-50s). While getting gas late last night, and exhausted, he accidentally left his wallet sitting on the pump, losing all the money he had left to his name in the process. His family is gone, others he reached out to either couldn't or wouldn't help, and he basically had no one else left to turn to. Even though I haven't actually seen him since we served together 30 years ago, I sent him a couple of hundred bucks. For all I know I may never get it back, but it's better than letting an old friend get stranded in the desert in 120 degree heat.

These are horrible, desperate times for so many people. And it's only getting worse.
Pasta Little Brioni 02:52 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Be glad you still have a job. I know so many people who have lost theirs over this crap. Just this morning, I had to send money to one of old Navy buddies. His business failed, and he is in the process of relocating from Colorado to Arizona to start over (in his mid-50s). While getting gas late last night, and exhausted, he accidentally left his wallet sitting on the pump, losing all the money he had left to his name in the process. His family is gone, others he reached out to either couldn't or wouldn't help, and he basically had no one else left to turn to. Even though I haven't actually seen him since we served together 30 years ago, I sent him a couple of hundred bucks. For all I know I may never get it back, but it's better than letting an old friend get stranded in the desert in 120 degree heat.

These are horrible, desperate times for so many people. And it's only getting worse.
Reminds me of the CPer that asked for gas money on here and didn't pay it back. Very nice of you though
crazycoffey 02:53 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, twice as many New Yorkers died over that couple months than normal, but what you choose to do with the facts is completely up to you, I guess.

Stating facts isn't fear mongering in itself, and for every person who takes the facts as a chance to fear monger, I'd guess there's around one person who's just as desperate to downplay the facts for their own agenda.

I was personally doing the opposite of fear mongering a few months ago and assuming this would all go away in the summer months.... then the hottest part of the country opened everything up and found itself building out several new ICUs and using RNs from NYC and ordering refrigerated trucks a little while later.

But again, do what you will with the actual facts, if doing something so simple as wearing a mask is too difficult.

And if nothing else, there's always youtube to comfort people whenever reality doesn't fit what they want to believe as true.

And the truth is, masks are bullshit. That’s where we started with this. Stay away, take vitamins, WASH YO STANK ASS DICK BEATERS, when touching public door handles or gas pumps, etc. that does more to stop the spread than an Fing mask. Period.
Attached: C42A14C5-2872-425E-8B8E-5E023D34BDE7.jpg (30.3 KB) 
Pasta Little Brioni 02:55 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
And the truth is, masks are bullshit. That’s where we started with this. Stay away, take vitamins, WASH YO STANK ASS DICK BEATERS, when touching public door handles or gas pumps, etc. that does more to stop the spread than an Fing mask. Period.
:-)
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up