ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Easter Mock 4/4/21
kccrow 11:37 AM 04-04-2021
1-16 | LT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6'5" 322)
Kansas City trades 1-31, 4-144, 2022-1st to Arizona for 1-16.
As painful as it is, I see no way around the fact that KC needs to move up significantly in this draft to secure a left tackle that fits Andy Reid's scheme. The bulk of this class isn't a fit from length to athleticism to positional translation. I see Sewell (Bengals) and Slater (Chargers) coming off the board first before Darrisaw. I think the Vikings opt for a guard like Vera-Tucker and move Ezra Cleveland out to his natural position. KC could trade up using other picks, more likely a 2nd and 3rd in some combination, but I think for making the team better now, you look at trading a 1st next year instead. Darrisaw has prototypical size, height, arm length, and overall athleticism. While he needs some work on his pass-blocking technique, he was much improved in 2020 in that regard. Veach goes and gets what he needs, simple as that.

2-63 | WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina (6'1" 189)
Brown is a phenomenal deep ball receiver with plenty of route running acumen underneath to set up and ditch defenders. He's a near prototype for what you'd look for as an X in this offense with his ability to make defenders pay for the single coverages he should face regularly.

3-94 | DE Payton Turner, Houston (6'5" 270)
Turner is a solid LDE prospect in that he offers great get-off at the snap, good size, anchor, and decent bend on the edge with the strength to handle more powerful RTs. He has the ability to line up at multiple spots on the defensive line depending on the set (experience at DT), which Spags often does in racecar sets on 3rd and long. Turner's versatility should be a huge draw for the Chiefs.

4-136 | LB Derrick Barnes, Purdue (6'0" 238)
Barnes is a chess piece to deploy for Spagnuolo. He comes in as a twitched-up, highly energetic player with experience at the MIKE and as an EDGE. He has great range, speed, and the strength to hold up to and break down lineman. He could develop into an eventual MLB at the NFL level similar to Joe Schobert, and he comes in as a similar player. He probably cuts his teeth as a SAM prospect with a lot of utility work early on while he better learns playing as an off-ball linebacker.

5-175 | SS Joshua Bledsoe, Missouri (5'11" 201)
Bledsoe is a versatile safety that shows the ability to bump down in coverage on TEs and RBs while also being able to stick with WRs in man coverage. He's energetic and a solid tackler. While solid, he can sometimes overplay the run or his man and be left out of position.

5-181 | OL Royce Newman, Ole Miss (6'5" 310)
Newman is an athletic lineman with the ability to play every spot on the offensive line. He has solid pass pro skills with the ability to lock on and stay on his block and plus mirroring. He also has the ability to get out into space and stick blocks at the second level. The plus is, he's big, nasty, and sports a mullet and goatee. All he needs now is a Camaro and some BBQ and he'll fit right in.

6-207 | RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas (5'11" 213)
Boyd is a physical runner and solid receiver out of the backfield with some juice that should go much higher if all were based on talent alone. His academic issues are definitely going to cause him to slide as teams may be less inclined to think he can pick up the playbook. There isn't a lot of pressure here in KC for him to start and can take some time developing while contributing in a short-yardage role early.

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dar. Williams, R. Boyd

WR: T. Hill, D. Robinson, D. Brown, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, A. Calloway
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, B. Bell

LT: C. Darrisaw, M. Rankin, P. Tega Wanogho
LG: J. Thuney, N. Allegretti
OC: A. Blythe, R. Newman
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, K. Long, Y. Durant
RT: M. Remmers, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, M. Danna
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, J. Reed, K. Saunders
DE: T. Charlton, P. Turner

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, D. Barnes, E. Smith
WLB: B. Niemann, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, D. Sorensen, J. Bledsoe, A. Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I absolutely agree here.

Darrisaw would be my #1 pick. And if he falls far enough, I'd jump all over it.

I just don't see him getting past the Chargers and trading up to #12 is going to cost a fortune.
Probably. I know you're against it, but the way I see it, that first rounder you're giving up is gonna be in the 30's. So would I trade CEH for a LT? Yeah, absolutely.

It's basically just 1 first round pick your giving up anyway and probably a 4th or something.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:45 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Could we get Sewell?
No.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Probably. I know you're against it, but the way I see it, that first rounder you're giving up is gonna be in the 30's. So would I trade CEH for a LT? Yeah, absolutely.

It's basically just 1 first round pick your giving up anyway and probably a 4th or something.
It's really CEH plus a player. It's two picks, even though one of them you already have.

And no, I wouldn't trade CEH for a LT. I wouldn't trade Juan Thornhill for a LT. Hardman, I absolutely would.

That's the thing about draft picks - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I'm not trading a shot at 2 good players for a chance at no good players, both of which are possible, although not probable.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 04-06-2021
It's really CEH plus a player. It's two picks, even though one of them you already have.

And no, I wouldn't trade CEH for a LT. I wouldn't trade Juan Thornhill for a LT. Hardman, I absolutely would.

That's the thing about draft picks - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I'm not trading a shot at 2 good players for a chance at no good players, both of which are possible, although not probable.
Not really. You'd be trading the 2021 and 2022 firsts for their 2021 first. So you're only out 1 first round pick.

I'd trade a Rb or a safety for a LT. Thats not a hard decision. Why wouldn't you trade a RB or a S for a LT?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:01 AM 04-06-2021
2nd question: Are we sure Darisaw > Orlando Brown? We're trying 2 win now.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 04-06-2021
Orlando Brown would cost draft picks plus money. Darrisaw is draft picks and is cheap.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:03 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
2nd question: Are we sure Darisaw > Orlando Brown? We're trying 2 win now.
Orlando Brown isn’t that great of a fit for our offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:19 AM 04-06-2021
guys, there are like 200 guys that are all going to be drafted before we pick at #94.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:48 AM 04-06-2021
Not really. You'd be trading the 2021 and 2022 firsts for their 2021 first. So you're only out 1 first round pick.

I'd trade a Rb or a safety for a LT. Thats not a hard decision. Why wouldn't you trade a RB or a S for a LT?
Yeah, it's worth it to me.

Yes, 1st round picks are valuable. I also trust the Chiefs evaluation for their offense. If they think there's a LT that is far and away better for their offense than what they can get at 31, and it costs them next year's 1st and maybe a little more to go get that player, I can live with it. It's a position you have to address adequately.

I think the Chiefs will continue to be aggressive in using their 1st round picks to acquire talent through ways and means other than just sitting there and taking the pick, and I'm fine with that. When you're picking at the bottom of the first, using them to acquire key pieces needed is huge.
[Reply]
In58men 09:49 AM 04-06-2021
With teams locked into the first three overall picks, the Atlanta Falcons now have received trade calls from multiple teams and “are open to moving” out of the No. 4 spot, per source.

Hypothetically, what would of cost us to move up that high from 31st? For a guy like Penei Sewell? Would picking him @ 4 be a reach?
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, it's worth it to me.

Yes, 1st round picks are valuable. I also trust the Chiefs evaluation for their offense. If they think there's a LT that is far and away better for their offense than what they can get at 31, and it costs them next year's 1st and maybe a little more to go get that player, I can live with it. It's a position you have to address adequately.

I think the Chiefs will continue to be aggressive in using their 1st round picks to acquire talent through ways and means other than just sitting there and taking the pick, and I'm fine with that. When you're picking at the bottom of the first, using them to acquire key pieces needed is huge.
Thats kind of my thing, where they're drafting it's just gonna be tough to get what they need. LT and DE aren't easy spots to draft for at the end of the first round. So if they wanna spend some capitol to go up and get someone, go for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 04-06-2021
Orlando Brown would cost draft picks plus money. Darrisaw is draft picks and is cheap.
Orlando Brown would likely cost one 1st round draft pick.

Darrisaw would cost TWO.

The money is inconsequential, they can always work around the cap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Orlando Brown isn’t that great of a fit for our offense.
Neither is Jenkins, or Eichenberg, or...shall I go on?

It's not like we have a ton of great options.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:00 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
With teams locked into the first three overall picks, the Atlanta Falcons now have received trade calls from multiple teams and “are open to moving” out of the No. 4 spot, per source.

Hypothetically, what would of cost us to move up that high from 31st? For a guy like Penei Sewell? Would picking him @ 4 be a reach?
I’m curious as well. No way we can get 4 bc Falcons will have other offers without having to drop as far as 31. But how about say the Bengals who have a lot of needs, or if the Bengals take a pass catcher we talk with the teams between 5-10 to nab the best OT in draft.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 04-06-2021
Orlando Brown would likely cost one 1st round draft pick.

Darrisaw would cost TWO.

The money is inconsequential, they can always work around the cap.
They're already working around it alot. They can, but at some point they need to not have to do that.

I woudln't be opposed to Brown, but I'm guessing he'd end up costing more than a first rounder.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up