ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 31
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
BossChief 05:49 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Like I said I'm just spit balling but Patrick isn't going to be able to toss the rock when constantly running for his life.

I'll buy ya a beer next time I'm in LA if it isn't Jenkins. :-)
Protection and receivers getting separation are both big parts of winning in this passing game.

The OL was poor at pass protection in the last 2 Super Bowls, but if we had more than just Kelce snd Hill that can get open, that helps the OL a lot.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:54 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m literally 5 minutes in and I’ve yet to see him get “abused”.
Not to mention the guy was just a true sophomore in 2018.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:38 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh, I get that. But wow, that was a rough 3rd and 4th quarter. I'm sure there is a lot of good film out there too. This wasn't it.
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:46 PM 04-11-2021
Like I said I'm just spit balling but Patrick isn't going to be able to toss the rock when constantly running for his life.

I'll buy ya a beer next time I'm in LA if it isn't Jenkins. :-)
We can’t solve LT next year in the draft. Get a developmental guy? Absolutely. Any rookie LT we draft that starts will result in mahomes running for his life. LT needs to solved in the short term via free agency.

Here’s my first 3 picks.

Jaelen Phillips DE
Rondale Moore WR
Spencer Brown OT
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:51 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
We can’t solve LT next year in the draft. Get a developmental guy? Absolutely. Any rookie LT we draft that starts will result in mahomes running for his life. LT needs to solved in the short term via free agency.

Here’s my first 3 picks.

Jaelen Phillips DE
Rondale Moore WR
Spencer Brown OT

Just ... not true. The “running for life” bit.

There are going to be a lot of talented guys available to the Chiefs in the first and second round who could step in and play well immediately.

No, they aren’t going to land a Trent Brown at 31. But good lord. Don’t overrate Eric Fisher (who was good, not great).

They need to get SOLID play at LT. They have an excellent LG to stick next to that LT, who has made a lot of LT look better next to him than they actually were.

There are a lot of paths forward. It could be taking a T in the draft and riding with that guy. It could be a veteran addition. It could be a trade.

But they’re not locked into a single solution.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:57 AM 04-12-2021
I wonder if there's a hidden gem that the Chiefs are high on that no-one is talking about?? Last year I didn't even know who Niang and Sneed were and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we end up taking some small school guy that has incredible traits but was a ghost before draft night.

Anyway my rop three right now are

Stone
Walker
Leatherwood

All of them have played LT, Plus have the size and arm length that Andy likes imo.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:17 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Just ... not true. The “running for life” bit.

There are going to be a lot of talented guys available to the Chiefs in the first and second round who could step in and play well immediately.

No, they aren’t going to land a Trent Brown at 31. But good lord. Don’t overrate Eric Fisher (who was good, not great).

They need to get SOLID play at LT. They have an excellent LG to stick next to that LT, who has made a lot of LT look better next to him than they actually were.

There are a lot of paths forward. It could be taking a T in the draft and riding with that guy. It could be a veteran addition. It could be a trade.

But they’re not locked into a single solution.
Let’s just agree to disagree. I’d rather not draft any of these later rookies to start and protect mahomes at LT. So, Here’s another point... the drop off from many of these LTs that we are talking about is not enough to invest a 1st round pick. From, little to leatherwood, stone, cosmi, brown, eichenberg... I could keep going... there are like 10 of these guys that are kinda lumped together. The drop off at other positions is more distinct. Get another position in the first and target LT in the 2nd or third.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 04-12-2021
Then why would you be ok with taking a LT round 1? Reaching at 31 is not smart when one of these LTs will be available in the 2nd, maybe the third. I can’t understand the panic to take a project LT in round one that won’t be better than an experienced free agent in year 1.
You can afford to take a project at 31. That's not a super premium pick. I didn't say I WOULD however, I said I wouldn't have a problem with it.

There's not much they can do that would have me up in arms, outside of trading away next year's first to move up.
[Reply]
Otter 12:03 PM 04-12-2021

Here’s my first 3 picks.

Jaelen Phillips DE
Rondale Moore WR
Spencer Brown OT
Jenkins Gosh Darnit!!!! :-)

[Reply]
Coogs 04:59 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Okay, so answer me this. This game was in late September of 2018. In the Chris Simms Offensive Tackle rankings this season, he stated Little was a franchise LT. But this tape doesn't really show that. Is this tape anything to be alarmed by? Or just an anomaly?

BTW, you have to rewind about 10 minutes to get in all all of the Chris Simms conversation involving the OT's. Good stuff in those first 10 minutes.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:34 PM 04-12-2021
:-)
Jenkins Gosh Darnit!!!! :-)

[Reply]
kcbubb 05:44 PM 04-12-2021
And I love Spencer brown like you love Jenkins. He’s a perfect fit with a stop gap LT. Here’s a review. His athletic ability and size are unreal. He’s a giant. I’m hopeful his injury, lack of experience, playing at northern Iowa and depth at RT cause him to slide. He’s not ready to start day 1 but I don’t see a prospect with a higher ceiling, huge upside. Pro day numbers are also below.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/spence...3-14b54a182555

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
NFL Comparison
Jared Veldheer
Overview
Towering tackle prospect with the hands, feet and length in place to become a quality pass protector on the next level. Despite playing right tackle his entire career at Northern Iowa, Brown has the athleticism to give it a go on the left side if a team desires. He's packed on weight and muscle over the years but his performance at the Senior Bowl practices showed that there is still work to do in terms of improving his core strength to offset his high center of gravity. He can play in a variety of run schemes but he will be at his best on the move, where his foot quickness will give him an advantage in finding the angles. Slippery athletes with good length will be trouble for him early and maybe beyond, but he's an above-average hand-fighter with a variety of pass sets he can utilize, which should help him as an eventual starter with early swing tackle value.
Strengths
Excellent lean mass despite adding nearly 100 pounds since high school.
Proportionally built with room for additional mass.
Loyal, team-first mentality.
Natural bender with impressive athletic ability.
Foot agility and explosiveness to make all the move blocks.
Works at coming off with good pad level despite his height.
Accelerates into block and immediately runs feet with vigor.
All-day block finisher who's hungry for pancakes.
Pass-pro hips and feet of an early-round pick.
Good recognition of late add-ons looking to blitz.
Basketball feet to mirror in all directions.
Above-average feel for feints and hand fighting.
Quality resets take him from losing position to winning position.
Flashes talent to throw a variety of protection looks at pass rushers.
Weaknesses
Opponents often get under his pads due to high center of gravity.
Better blocking on angles than heads-up.
Missed blocks usually due to footwork issues.
Narrow drive base can get him tossed by power.
Second-level climbs can lack control at times.
Oversets really hurt him against James Madison.
Width of pass slides can get uneven.
Needs to eliminate forward lean into punch to avoid push-pull moves.
Doesn't stay square for as long as he needs to in pass sets.
Sources Tell Us

"He could have transferred to a Power Five school once he knew they weren't going to play football this year but he wanted to stay out of loyalty. I love that! I love his intensity, his quickness. Love the potential." -- National scout for AFC team

Brown measured in at 6’8 1/2″ and 311 pounds. His arms reached 34 ¾ inches and he completed 33 reps on the bench, although scouts took four away for poor technique, officially crediting him with 29 reps.

His 40 times clocked between 4.88 to 4.90 seconds, with his three-cone coming in sharp at 6.96 seconds. His short shuttle was 4.34 seconds. Brown’s other marks include 31.5 inches in the vertical jump and 9’9″ in the broad jump.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:33 PM 04-13-2021
I'd be happy with Radunz & Meinerz out of the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:36 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'd be happy with Radunz & Meinerz out of the first 3 rounds.
I highly doubt they draft 2 offensive linemen that high.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:24 AM 04-15-2021
Listening to Christian Darrisaw on NFL network in an interview. I got a bad vibe from this guy. He does not come off as overly smart, Inadvertently trashed his high school coaching, and some of the footage from his pro day doesn’t exactly flatter. He looked to give up in some of the drills and looked rather fatigued after some of them. I know he is coming off injury, but not the impression a supposed top 15 pick is supposed to give. I am not touching this guy if I’m KC.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 31
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up