ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 66 of 254
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:44 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Been playing this for a few hours now. It's pretty cool - but difficult. Very difficult. You don't find any weapons or armor outside of the first few minutes, and about half the things you encounter can kill damn near instantly, while you do little or no damage to them. The Brave Sir Robin strategy is about the only thing that keeps you alive when you run into one of them. And that's playing on easy mode because I'm just learning it - I can't imagine what the difficult levels must be like. Jesus.

Just got to the point where I can finally upgrade my puny initial weapon and get a follower. Should get a little less difficult now.

All in all, I'm enjoying it, though. I get the feeling it will get better and better as I level up and unlock more skills.
I am interested in this game, so I looked at a few review vids. From what I can gather, it kinda drags for 8 to 12 hours before it starts getting good. A lot of that may be the power curve. I'm probably going to wait for a sale, but I will probably get this game eventually.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I am interested in this game, so I looked at a few review vids. From what I can gather, it kinda drags for 8 to 12 hours before it starts getting good. A lot of that may be the power curve. I'm probably going to wait for a sale, but I will probably get this game eventually.
Yeah, I'm FINALLY starting to get the point where I can actually kill some shit, but you can't let your guard down. The combat system is clunky as fuck, and even going up against something wimpy to try new things can get you dead in a hurry.

I do enjoy it, though. It kind of reminds me of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games - it has that cool open world yet merciless quality to it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:30 PM 10-23-2017
Any pointers for us PC master racers who haven't played Destiny yet? Comes out tomorrow at noon for the first time on PC. :-)

Long time coming, let's hope for much more as there isn't much other than Division, Fortnite and Destiny 2 until Anthem comes out next year or more likely 2019.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:25 AM 10-24-2017
Well this doesn't look particularly good, I've purposefully avoided all Destiny 2 info waiting for tomorrow to come...AH well can't say I'm surprised.

NSFW lots of expletives...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 03:43 AM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Well this doesn't look particularly good, I've purposefully avoided all Destiny 2 info waiting for tomorrow to come...AH well can't say I'm surprised.

NSFW lots of expletives...

Spoiler!
Regarding "loot crates" the dude is completely and unequivocally wrong. The bright engrams "loot crates" only provide you with gear to make you look better. Thats it. No weapons. No pay to win.

Other than that, he pretty much nails Destiny and what they have done with part 2.

When Destiny 3 hits, I fully plan on waiting until all content for it is out then purchasing it all at the price of a normal game. Probably 2 years after its been out.

The problem with Destiny is its addictive as hell, and actually fun to play, but its also infuriating in how it rewards you. Destiny 1 didn't actually get good until the end of its first year when they released the Taken King DLC. At that point it felt like a full game. I expect them to do the same damn thing with Destiny 2. Come next September 2018 they will release an addon that will make the game great. They will continue to do this because people are falling for it. Other games will start doing this as well.

If you are looking for depth, you will be disappointed. If you just want to shoot shit, you will have fun. Its about as simple as that really.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:02 AM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
Regarding "loot crates" the dude is completely and unequivocally wrong. The bright engrams "loot crates" only provide you with gear to make you look better. Thats it. No weapons. No pay to win.

Other than that, he pretty much nails Destiny and what they have done with part 2.

When Destiny 3 hits, I fully plan on waiting until all content for it is out then purchasing it all at the price of a normal game. Probably 2 years after its been out.

The problem with Destiny is its addictive as hell, and actually fun to play, but its also infuriating in how it rewards you. Destiny 1 didn't actually get good until the end of its first year when they released the Taken King DLC. At that point it felt like a full game. I expect them to do the same damn thing with Destiny 2. Come next September 2018 they will release an addon that will make the game great. They will continue to do this because people are falling for it. Other games will start doing this as well.

If you are looking for depth, you will be disappointed. If you just want to shoot shit, you will have fun. Its about as simple as that really.
Yes pretty much the same as other games, Division has taken almost 2 years to have a full game(1.8 patch). I don't know of a single game that hasn't disappointed probably the least of which is Fortnite. I will probably enjoy the shooting aspect but from what I understand they did away with Randomly generated stats on loot which I hate. That effectively kills the reason for grinding right? Or am I missing something?

Also is this vid accurate on screwing up your gearscore?

[Reply]
007 05:13 AM 10-24-2017
Yes pretty much the same as other games, Division has taken almost 2 years to have a full game(1.8 patch). I don't know of a single game that hasn't disappointed probably the least of which is Fortnite. I will probably enjoy the shooting aspect but from what I understand they did away with Randomly generated stats on loot which I hate. That effectively kills the reason for grinding right? Or am I missing something?

Also is this vid accurate on screwing up your gearscore?

Yep, once you hit 270 the gear will drop lower than your level is. Doing the weekly milestones and farming for exotic engrams is the only way to move higher. As well as the raid which is so full of mechanics I can't stand to even play it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:39 PM 10-24-2017
Thus far I have to say it's really fun, I've never played Destiny before but the shooter mechanics are satisfying enough. Add to that it's a loot shooter, perfect exactly what i was looking for.
[Reply]
007 04:56 AM 10-25-2017
Thus far I have to say it's really fun, I've never played Destiny before but the shooter mechanics are satisfying enough. Add to that it's a loot shooter, perfect exactly what i was looking for.
My main complaint about D2 is the fact it went backwards from where D1 was. never really expected that. For somebody coming to the game for the first time, D2 is a solid game. For those of us that spent 3 years playing D1 we are pretty disappointed it. Hopefully they make some marked improvements and fast.

Glad you are enjoying it and I hope you see it through better eyes than I do right now. Still playing but losing interest.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:17 AM 10-25-2017
How is Alien: Isolation? It's $6 on the PS store and I'm intrigued..
[Reply]
Pointer19 12:26 PM 10-25-2017
I just bought three games from a classmate for $10 without really knowing anything about them; West Point doesn't authorize personal devices to connect to the wifi, so I was looking to get a few cheap games I can play offline.

Evolve
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Assassin's Creed: Unity

I've played a couple rounds of Evolve. It's fun, but I think it'll get old really quickly playing solo. I prefer playing as the monster. The round usually ends extremely quickly or lasts long enough for me to get overpowered and win pretty easily. I think the leveling system for the different characters and monsters will be the only thing that keeps me playing.

I played through the first two missions of Killzone, and it seems like a fun game. Interesting, futuristic setting that I haven't really dabbled in before.

I've heard from a friend that AC: Unity isn't worth a penny and that it requires a ton of updates just to start playing. Since I have no internet, I haven't even put it in the console.

What're your thoughts on these?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:29 PM 10-27-2017
Any one playing WOLF 2 ?

It's a sweet sequel pretty much improved on the 1st game in every way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrwUzWeACg

You can tell their marketing Group had a blast selling this game.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I'm FINALLY starting to get the point where I can actually kill some shit, but you can't let your guard down. The combat system is clunky as fuck, and even going up against something wimpy to try new things can get you dead in a hurry.

I do enjoy it, though. It kind of reminds me of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games - it has that cool open world yet merciless quality to it.
Elex. That's the name of this game. What it should be called is I FUCKING HATE YOU.

Impossibly, ridiculously difficult. And buggy. With a clunky combat system. Every creature you fight is like the alien from Alien. Every person you fight is like a fucking terminator. And God forbid you try to attack them from range, because they all either spit some sort of fucking poison/fire/ice/whatever, or shoot at you with the accuracy of Hawkeye. AND THERE'S NEVER JUST ONE OR TWO OF THEM, EITHER. You get dogpiled, all the time. And you can't isolate enemies, because they come at you like you fucking stole from them. No sneak attacks. No critical damage for headshots. You'd think that eventually you could level up to get the shit you need to survive better. WRONG. It doesn't help at all. There are weapons for sale you can't use, the leveling takes too goddamn long, and after you get your stats past a certain level, it takes 2 points to level the stat. Upgrade your existing weapon? No, fuck you. You burn a skill learning to upgrade your weapon and then YOU CAN'T USE YOUR UPGRADED WEAPON because the requirements just became too high. Kill somebody with cool armor or a cool weapon? When you loot the corpse, 99% of the time it doesn't show up, and that 1% of the time your skill level is too low to use it. Like massively too low.

And then I've got two quests going on that are on terminal hold because the fucking NPCs I'm supposed to talk to don't react with the correct dialogue.

I mean seriously, it's like my wife designed the goddamn game to make me stop wanting to play games.

:-)

It's like I paid $45 to get kicked in the nuts. If I had a nickel for every time I've died in this motherfucker I could buy a new gun. A really nice one.

AND I'M PLAYING ON THE LOWEST FUCKING DIFFICULTY LEVEL. What would the highest be like? These things can kill you in two or three hits, and you can't get away from them. I guess on the higher levels they hit you once and you simply explode.

Christ.

For a week I've been playing this thinking that at some point it has to get better. It hasn't. If there was one element of the fucking thing that would lighten up a bit, it might help, but this thing is just utterly relentless.

And it really has all the elements of a great game. I love the story lines. But this is just too much. I guess if you're some 18 year old basement dweller with nothing but time and lightning fast reflexes and a masochistic hatred of yourself, this is for you.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:00 AM 10-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I just bought three games from a classmate for $10 without really knowing anything about them; West Point doesn't authorize personal devices to connect to the wifi, so I was looking to get a few cheap games I can play offline.

Evolve
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Assassin's Creed: Unity

I've played a couple rounds of Evolve. It's fun, but I think it'll get old really quickly playing solo. I prefer playing as the monster. The round usually ends extremely quickly or lasts long enough for me to get overpowered and win pretty easily. I think the leveling system for the different characters and monsters will be the only thing that keeps me playing.

I played through the first two missions of Killzone, and it seems like a fun game. Interesting, futuristic setting that I haven't really dabbled in before.

I've heard from a friend that AC: Unity isn't worth a penny and that it requires a ton of updates just to start playing. Since I have no internet, I haven't even put it in the console.

What're your thoughts on these?
Unity was very 'meh'. It did have an assload of bugs at release, so not being able to patch is a deal breaker. (AC Syndicate is better imo and worth playing if you haven't already.) Killzone was enjoyable. Evolve I have not played.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:39 PM 10-29-2017
Def. gonna have to pick up Wolfenstein II on Black Friday...hearing nothing but good stuff.

Am I the only one hyped for COD WWII...? We're 5 days away, can't wait.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 254
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up