ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 84
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2022 Mock Draft Megathread ***
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 11-23-2021
Got a mock? Pop it in this thread. Include a picture if you want. Explain your reasoning if you want. Talk about your crushes... if you want.

See a good "pro" mock? Link it up in here and I'll add it to the OP.

Duncan's latest mock

Site
The Draft Network This mock seems to be the most accurate site right now, so I go with this one. I don't pay for it, so no trades here. The plan is for this to be my last mock. I'm going to do it differently, though. I'm running 3 scenarios, and eschewing the 7th round picks, which I would use on a big swings on athleticism and potential. Lotto tickets. James Houston IV is one of them. Note: I used PFF to simulate the trade action, then manually backed up in the 2 "trade" drafts to make selections. Laborious, but gives you best of both worlds, IMO. I think PFF's trade tool is the best, but its board is whack.

Draft slot: 29

Scenario 1: The Chiefs sit pat with their picks and don't make any moves at all. Seems the least likely, but hey...
1.29 | George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue.
1.30 | Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota.
2.50 | George Pickens, WR, Georgia.
2.62 | Travis Jones, DT, UConn.
3.94 | Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State.
3.103(Comp for Poles) | Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State.
4.121 | Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati.
4.135 | Velus Jones, Jr., Tennessee

Scenario 1 Debrief:
So, sitting and waiting to see what comes to me was pretty successful here. The Chiefs FLOOD the defensive line with reinforcements, including at least 1 ready-made starter and two guys who should - at minimum - be in 50/50 rotations at their spots by year end. The Chiefs still get a big outside WR with tantalizing potential. They add some crazy athletic small-school guys, and a mid-round corner who just fits in the system, and a dynamo return man who might be more at WR.

This looks pretty good. Though I have a hard time believing Karlaftis just falls to 29...

Scenario 2: The Chiefs get aggressive and trade up. But for what? In this case, let's go wide receiver. In this run, Kansas City trades picks 29, 62, and a 2023 3rd to Houston for pick 13 and a 2023 4th, because they ARE as obsessed with a WR as people expect and are aggressive to go get him when the board falls right. They then trade BACK from 30 to 35 with the Jets, also including pick 94 in order to get 69 back. Then, last but not least, KC gets aggressive one more time and moves 103 and 121 for 85 from New England, leaving the Chiefs with 6 picks in the first four rounds.
1.13 | Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama.
2.35 | Cam Thomas, DE, San Diego State.
2.50 | Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor.
3.69 | Zachary Carter, DT, Florida.
3.85 | Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss.
4.135 | Jaylen Watson, CB, Washington State

Scenario 2 Debrief:
I'm not saying KC should do this or even that I think they will (more on that in a few minutes). I'm just saying, man, what will it look like if the Chiefs get aggressive a few times AND are doing the big move for a WR? In this scenario, KC obviously believes Williams is a game-changer at the NFL level and is taking a small 2022 hit to make 2023+ better. The defensive line still gets reinforced, but the reinforcements are all a shade worse than the sit-pat draft option. If you like Kingsley Enagbare or Josh PAscal more than Thomas, I get it and wouldn't quibble at one of those guys instead. Logan Hall, too. Pitre is such a screaming perfect fit for KC's D. Carter is a great physical talent you can dream about coaching up. Williams' utility is known and gives them a true RE option to pair against their higher-drafted bigger guy. Watson is a developmental corner.

I don't love it. I think Pitre makes the secondary a lot better and makes it easier to move on from Thornhill after 22. They have improved the defensive rotation, though one of the DEs would need to outperform expectations in Year 1 to get it to the same level as Scenario 1. In all, giving up the 2 extra selections in the top 4 rounds hurts the depth you can build, but I think it's more like what KC will do.

Scenario 3: Same movements as #2
1.13 | Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State.
2.35 | Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State.
2.50 | Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss.
3.69 | Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati.
3.85 | Martin Emerson, CB, Miss. State.
4.135 | Braxton Jones, T, Southern Utah

Scenario 3 Debrief:
This is the type of situation where I see KC paying the price to move up... if Johnson falls this far, I'd be shocked if KC isn't aggressively moving up. With this run, I take a risky but high upside WR in Watson (but you could sub in Pickens or Jahan Dotson or Tolbert or Metchie or Skyy Moore or really any of those tier 2 guys here if you prefer). The secondary reinforcements aren't flashy but are good fits.

In this one, I think the plan has to become adding either another safety or corner in free agency before the season. Ideally, it's someone who can handle the slot and let Sneed thriver on the outside. The DL gets a major boost and some potential star power in Johnson and Williams, and the OL gets another T option and potential long-term starter to develop.

Having completed the exercise and looking at the scenariors, I like the first one the most. But it really does come down to how the board breaks.

Older mocks
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:15 PM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m set on Ojabo in the first.

If it was an ACL, but an Achilles whoa that's rolling the dice. I'd relegate him to the 3rd round because of the injury alone
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:28 PM 03-31-2022
I actually agree with the franchise for a change. I like ojabo in the first.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:59 AM 04-01-2022
Proud of this 4-rounder:

29. Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU
30. Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia
50. Christian Watson WR North Dakota State
62. John Metchie III WR Alabama
94. Troy Andersen LB Montana State
103. Brian Robinson Jr. RB Alabama
121. Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston State
135. Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State
[Reply]
kccrow 01:15 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I actually agree with the franchise for a change. I like ojabo in the first.
Man, if you were running our draft we'd have a mash unit for day 1. :P
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:48 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
NFL draft tier rankings 2022: Highest-graded prospects for this class from Todd McShay and Scouts Inc.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/i...hay-scouts-inc

Tier 1: No prospects

Tier 2: Nine prospects
Grades between 92 and 94. A notch below the elite class but still considered a plug-and-play NFL starter with high-level potential. Worthy of a top-15 pick most years. I had nine players in this tier in 2021.

1. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan (94)
2. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (93)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (93)
4. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (93)
5. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (93)
6. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (92)
7. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon (92)
8. Travon Walker, DE, Georgia (92)
9. Drake London, WR, USC (92)

Tier 3: 14 prospects
Grades between 90 and 91. Good NFL starters and are considered strong values in the bottom half of Round 1 in any given draft class. I had 15 players in this tier in 2021.

10. Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State (91)
11. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (91)
12. Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia (91)
13. Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah (91)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (90)
15. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (90)
16. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (90)
17. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (90)
18. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (90)
19. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (90)
20. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (90)
21. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (90)
22. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh (90)
23. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (90)

Tier 4: 22 prospects
Grades between 85 and 89. Good future NFL starters. Second-round value. I had 20 players in this tier in 2021.

24. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (89)
25. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (89)
26. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (89)
27. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (89)
28. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (89)
29. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (89)
30. David Ojabo, OLB, Michigan (88)
31. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (88)
32. Boye Mafe, OLB, Minnesota (88)
33. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (88)
34. Matt Corral, QB, Mississippi (88)
35. Quay Walker, ILB, Georgia (87)
36. Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati (87)
37. Christian Harris, ILB, Alabama (86)
38. Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn State (86)
39. Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut (86)
40. Logan Hall, DE, Houston (86)
41. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor (86)
42. Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan (85)
43. Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan (85)
44. Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan State (85)
45. Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State (85)

Tier 5: 21 prospects
Grades between 80 and 84. Future solid to good NFL starters but might need to serve in substitution package/situational roles early in career. Mid- to late-second-round value. I had 17 players in this tier in 2021.

46. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State (84)
47. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (84)
48. Leo Chenal, ILB, Wisconsin (84)
49. Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama (84)
50. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina (84)
51. Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (84)
52. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia (84)
53. Nick Cross, S, Maryland (83)
54. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (83)
55. Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State (83)
56. Nik Bonitto, OLB, Oklahoma (83)
57. George Pickens, WR, Georgia (83)
58. Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa (82)
59. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State (82)
60. Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (82)
61. Drake Jackson, OLB, USC (81)
62. DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M (81)
63. John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (81)
64. DeAngelo Malone, OLB, Western Kentucky (80)
65. Chad Muma, ILB, Wyoming (80)
66. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State (80)

Tier 6: 40 prospects
Grades between 70 and 79. Project as future solid starters but need time to develop, have limited upside or come with red flags. Third-round value. I had 50 players in this tier in 2021.

67. Damone Clark, ILB, LSU (79)
68. Dylan Parham, G, Memphis (79)
69. Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois (79)
70. Troy Andersen, ILB, Montana State (79)
71. Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State (79)
72. Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky (79)
73. Josh Paschal, DE, Kentucky (78)
74. Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (78)
75. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA (78)
76. Myjai Sanders, DE, Cincinnati (77)
77. Channing Tindall, ILB, Georgia (77)
78. Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga (77)
79. Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA (77)
80. Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis (77)
81. Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati (77)
82. Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State (76)
83. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama (76)
84. Velus Jones Jr., WR, Tennessee (75)
85. Amare Barno, OLB, Virginia Tech (75)
86. JT Woods, S, Baylor (74)
87. James Cook, RB, Georgia (74)
88. Isaiah Likely, TE, Coastal Carolina (74)
89. Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State (74)
90. Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston (73)
91. Cameron Jurgens, C, Nebraska (73)
92. JoJo Domann, S, Nebraska (73)
93. Carson Strong, QB, Nevada (73)
94. Sean Rhyan, G, UCLA (73)
95. Kingsley Enagbare, OLB, South Carolina (73)
96. Luke Goedeke, OT, Central Michigan (72)
97. Brandon Smith, ILB, Penn State (72)
98. Kellen Diesch, OT, Arizona State (71)
99. Dai'Jean Dixon, WR, Nicholls State (71)
100. Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama (71)
101. Marcus Jones, CB, Houston (70)
102. Dohnovan West, C, Arizona State (70)
103. Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia (70)
104. Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati (70)
105. Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky (70)
106. Brian Asamoah, ILB, Oklahoma (70)
Am I crazy? I don't get the Drake London love AT ALL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:16 AM 04-01-2022
This would be pretty sweet.

KC
Treylon Burks
WR Arkansas-AJ Brown's clone at #29.

KC
Perrion Winfrey
DT Oklahoma-explosive pass rushing DT to pair with Jones this year, and probably take over for Jones if you want to sell high next year.

KC
Boye Mafe
EDGE Minnesota-freak athlete Edge, high upside pick here.

KC
Sam Williams
EDGE Mississippi-first round DE talent, but he grabbed a booby. Keep your hands to yourself, Sam! Except for QB's.

KC
Darian Kinnard
OT Kentucky-Big, experienced RT to finish off that punishing line.

KC
Calvin Austin III
WR Memphis-taking a flier on elite athletic ability. He's tiny! Yeah, well. He's also impossible to catch. Tyreek is possible, Hardman is likely, either way you don't have to re-sign Hardman in all likelihood.

KC
Pierre Strong Jr.
RB South Dakota State-excellent size, world class speed. Here's your 3 down back for the next four years.

KC
Zyon McCollum
CB Sam Houston State-lengthy, fast, plus athlete, rangy corner for Spags.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:57 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Am I crazy? I don't get the Drake London love AT ALL.
He runs great routes and gets open.

Bigger Thielen or a quicker Mike Williams.

That is pretty good.

Should be paired with a ball placement QB because while he'll constantly be open he won't separate away so much as gain leverage.

I think he should be WR1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 AM 04-01-2022
My latest 3-round mock.

KC
Perrion Winfrey
DT Oklahoma

KC
Boye Mafe
EDGE Minnesota

KC
Trey McBride
TE Colorado State

KC
Jalen Tolbert
WR South Alabama

KC
Kerby Joseph
S Illinois

KC
Calvin Austin III
WR Memphis
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:57 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My latest 3-round mock.

KC
Perrion Winfrey
DT Oklahoma

KC
Boye Mafe
EDGE Minnesota

KC
Trey McBride
TE Colorado State

KC
Jalen Tolbert
WR South Alabama

KC
Kerby Joseph
S Illinois

KC
Calvin Austin III
WR Memphis
I like it. Just ran my favorite one yet. About to drop it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:24 AM 04-01-2022
This is off Pro Football Network. Which I think has the most accurate draft board at this point (compared to PFF, NFLMDD, or DN).

1.29. With Kenny PIckett on the board, the desperate Texans come to me offering 37 and 81 for the small handz guy. I propose 37 and 68 and get it.

1.30 Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. I'm not sold the Chiefs will like his route-running enough to do this (his initial routes are not going to be as explosive and twitchy as they usually like), but he's a versatile, explosive playmaker.

2.37 Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State. With the capital I've gained in the trade down and the depth on the DL, I take the last of this safety tier. Physical, explosive, and capable of defending the slot well while also being physical in the run game. Can you say "Nickel upgrade?" Thanks, Texans!

2.50 Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss. I get my boi. And tell him to stop grabbing titties.

2.62 Kingsley Enagbare, DE, South Carolina. Enagbare's lackluster combine is dropping him down boards, but he's an outstanding strongside fit opposite Williams. And that pass-rush win rate in college stands out. He's fluid, too, so this isn't just a big power mauler DE.

3.68 Abe Lucas, OT, Wazzu. With the luxury pick I've added, I solidify the OL for at least the next 3 years. Lucas is a high-floor RT. Good combination of power and athletic ability, and a good technician.

3.94 Calvin Austin, Jr., WR, Memphis. What's that screeching you hear in the background, followed by the audible, meaty smack? That's DJ's Left Nut reacting when I tell him about this, and then giving me a leaping high 5.

3.103 Troy Anderson, LB, Montana State. Super athletic, versatile LB. I see him as a special teams demon year 1 and could see him playing a hybrid role (WLB/big nickel, shit, could even be used as a FB in a pinch. Plus, imagine the special teams hijinks).

4.121 Pierre Strong, Jr., RB, South Dakota State. Perfect RB, really, for this system.

4.135 Jalani Woods, TE, Virginia. The Chiefs add a physical freak to the TE room (and I blow a kiss goodbye to my boi Jody Fortson).

I didn't run the 7ths on this mock because I've grown bored with it. If they trade for Bradberry, scratch one of Strong or Woods. Whatever.

QB Mahomes, Henne
RB CEH or Jones, Strong, Gore
WR Burks, Smith-Schuster, Valdes-Scantling, Hardman, Austin
TE Kelce, Gray, Woods

LT Brown, Christian
LG Thuney, Allegretti
C Humphrey, Reiter
RG Smith, Wylie
RT Lucas, Christian, Niang

RDE Williams, Melvin Ingram or other vet DE, Danna
DT Nnadi, Saunders
DT Jones, Wharton (Enagbare reduces inside on passing downs, too)
LDE Clark, Enagbare, Danna

LB Nick Bolton, Willie Gay, Carter, Troy Anderson

CB Sneed, Fenton, Baker, (need work here, maybe Bradberry)
S Reid, Thornhill, Brisker (plays NB in the base nickel set, 3rd S in dime), Bush

Well goddamn, boys. I'd be jolly about this squad. What a blend of ability and youth and infusion of speed.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:26 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This is off Pro Football Network. Which I think has the most accurate draft board at this point (compared to PFF, NFLMDD, or DN).

1.29. With Kenny PIckett on the board, the desperate Texans come to me offering 37 and 81 for the small handz guy. I propose 37 and 68 and get it.

1.30 Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. I'm not sold the Chiefs will like his route-running enough to do this (his initial routes are not going to be as explosive and twitchy as they usually like), but he's a versatile, explosive playmaker.

2.37 Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State. With the capital I've gained in the trade down and the depth on the DL, I take the last of this safety tier. Physical, explosive, and capable of defending the slot well while also being physical in the run game. Can you say "Nickel upgrade?" Thanks, Texans!

2.50 Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss. I get my boi. And tell him to stop grabbing titties.

2.62 Kingsley Enagbare, DE, South Carolina. Enagbare's lackluster combine is dropping him down boards, but he's an outstanding strongside fit opposite Williams. And that pass-rush win rate in college stands out. He's fluid, too, so this isn't just a big power mauler DE.

3.68 Abe Lucas, OT, Wazzu. With the luxury pick I've added, I solidify the OL for at least the next 3 years. Lucas is a high-floor RT. Good combination of power and athletic ability, and a good technician.

3.94 Calvin Austin, Jr., WR, Memphis. What's that screeching you hear in the background, followed by the audible, meaty smack? That's DJ's Left Nut reacting when I tell him about this, and then giving me a leaping high 5.

3.103 Troy Anderson, LB, Montana State. Super athletic, versatile LB. I see him as a special teams demon year 1 and could see him playing a hybrid role (WLB/big nickel, shit, could even be used as a FB in a pinch. Plus, imagine the special teams hijinks).

4.121 Pierre Strong, Jr., RB, South Dakota State. Perfect RB, really, for this system.

4.135 Jalani Woods, TE, Virginia. The Chiefs add a physical freak to the TE room (and I blow a kiss goodbye to my boi Jody Fortson).

I didn't run the 7ths on this mock because I've grown bored with it. If they trade for Bradberry, scratch one of Strong or Woods. Whatever.

QB Mahomes, Henne
RB CEH or Jones, Strong, Gore
WR Burks, Smith-Schuster, Valdes-Scantling, Hardman, Austin
TE Kelce, Gray, Woods

LT Brown, Christian
LG Thuney, Allegretti
C Humphrey, Reiter
RG Smith, Wylie
RT Lucas, Christian, Niang

RDE Williams, Melvin Ingram or other vet DE, Danna
DT Nnadi, Saunders
DT Jones, Wharton (Enagbare reduces inside on passing downs, too)
LDE Clark, Enagbare, Danna

LB Nick Bolton, Willie Gay, Carter, Troy Anderson

CB Sneed, Fenton, Baker, (need work here, maybe Bradberry)
S Reid, Thornhill, Brisker (plays NB in the base nickel set, 3rd S in dime), Bush

Well goddamn, boys. I'd be jolly about this squad. What a blend of ability and youth and infusion of speed.
My Packers friend would blow a gasket if they passed on Burks and let us grab him.

:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:31 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
My Packers friend would blow a gasket if they passed on Burks and let us grab him.

:-)
They took Drake London. Who probably fits nicely with Rodgers.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:33 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They took Drake London. Who probably fits nicely with Rodgers.
Oh, in that case he would be happy.

Yeah, elite ball placement is what you want if you grab London.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:42 AM 04-01-2022
I can get jiggy with this shit. Most homes filled with guys who o think can all play in this league effectively.

29. Chris Olave WR Ohio State
30. David Ojabo EDGE Michigan
50. Boye Mafe EDGE Minnesota
62. Jalen Pitre S Baylor
94. Isaiah Thomas EDGE Oklahoma
103. Jalyn Armour-Davis CB Alabama
135. Darrian Beavers LB Cincinnati
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:05 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I can get jiggy with this shit. Most homes filled with guys who o think can all play in this league effectively.

29. Chris Olave WR Ohio State
30. David Ojabo EDGE Michigan
50. Boye Mafe EDGE Minnesota
62. Jalen Pitre S Baylor
94. Isaiah Thomas EDGE Oklahoma
103. Jalyn Armour-Davis CB Alabama
135. Darrian Beavers LB Cincinnati
I dont think theyll take 3 edge guys but hell i could get down with that.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 84
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up