ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 173
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:10 AM 11-15-2022
The show surprised me.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 05:21 PM 11-16-2022
Anybody watching king of Tulsa yet? It’s on Paramount and I’m going to watch it next?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:07 PM 11-16-2022
Is it on the channel? I don't really want to pay for Paramount Plus
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:39 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Anybody watching king of Tulsa yet? It’s on Paramount and I’m going to watch it next?
Is that the one about the gay cowboys??
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:48 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is it on the channel? I don't really want to pay for Paramount Plus
Yeah, I don’t blame you. I already had it because I wanted to watch the new Beavis and Butthead episodes. The first episode is great but then you have to wait until Sunday for them to release the next one. So annoying.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-21-2022, 10:35 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
TwistedChief 03:17 PM 11-21-2022
White Lotus season 2 is outstanding.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:01 PM 11-21-2022
Tokyo Vice was really well written. Great show, looking very forward to season 2.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:43 PM 11-23-2022
Anyone watching The Peripheral on Prime? I'm only a few episodes in, but it has me hooked.

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:32 PM 11-23-2022
I had a Butt load of office work to do so I put on Justified. I’ve been through it so I didn’t need to pay much attention.

On the rewatch it’s really good. I remember some of the Boyd stuff being cringey but man I really enjoyed it. Maybe because it is low-load and it hit the mood I needed. Plus I knew where it was going so the suspense of this person dying or that didn’t carry the impact it did on the first time through.

But that is some truly elite banter. That verbose southern drawled polite way of saying they’re going to kill the other guy or whatever was really good and never got old.

They really knocked out a good series IMO.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:34 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Anyone watching The Peripheral on Prime? I'm only a few episodes in, but it has me hooked.

Wow, it’s got me hooked too, looking forward to tomorrow’s episode.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:47 PM 11-24-2022
No idea if its ever been discussed in this part of the forum or not but Yellowjackets first season was shockingly good.

You'd think it's just some weird teen drama given the nature of the plot but it's so much better and far more sinister. Binged the entire show in about one night and excited as ever living fuck for S2. Definitely check it out if you're bored and got the time.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:06 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
No idea if its ever been discussed in this part of the forum or not but Yellowjackets first season was shockingly good.

You'd think it's just some weird teen drama given the nature of the plot but it's so much better and far more sinister. Binged the entire show in about one night and excited as ever living fuck for S2. Definitely check it out if you're bored and got the time.
Been questioning watching this. You just sold me. Will be watching it as soon as we finish Vikings.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:49 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Been questioning watching this. You just sold me. Will be watching it as soon as we finish Vikings.
Lord of the Flies meets Mean Girls. It’s good.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:35 PM 11-26-2022
Wednesday is surprisingly good. I was never a fan of the Addams Family. I was more Dark Shadows and Munsters fan. So I really didn't get some of the sub plots at first.

Seems Jenna Ortega nails the role. The Thing steals a lot of the show.

It is a little campy type kids school genre similar to Hogwarts themes.

The cinematography great, down to the makeup. It is directed by Tim Burton, which illustrates some of the tenor and the humor sublime.

Worth a watch...
[Reply]
Holladay 07:38 PM 11-26-2022
I was doing a little research on the Thing and found this. I didn't realize The Addams Family" was a cartoon series in the New Yorker in the '30's.

Hum...

Originally Posted by :
How is Thing related to The Addams Family?
Image result for Addams family thing
Thing was the creation of Charles Addams, who drew the Addams Family cartoons in The New Yorker magazine, beginning in the 1930s. He first appeared in Addams's 1954 book Homebodies. One Addams cartoon shows the Addams mansion with a sign at the front saying "Beware of the Thing".

[Reply]
Page 128 of 173
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up