ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 172
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:53 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Just began Succession, I’m going to get you guys some Sour Dough starter.
The hardest I’ve ever laughed is at the bachelor party when Tom says

Spoiler!

I just laughed hysterically for like a month.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:18 AM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I just discovered The Sinner ( its currently streaming on Netflix) I dig it
I just finished season 4, wow. Probably the best, most well done programming I have watched in years.

With almost endless number of channels, sources of TV entertainment, so many programs are horrible, rushed and with piss poor acting/writing. Especially most of the foreign stuff that Netflix must be buying for peanuts.

The first three seasons of the Sinner were good, but season 4 is great in my opinion.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:56 AM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The hardest I’ve ever laughed is at the bachelor party when Tom says

Spoiler!

I just laughed hysterically for like a month.
Tom is the best.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:12 PM 11-07-2022
Are you carrying a poop bag?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:54 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Bear.

Crazy unique show. Raw. Gritty. Heartfelt. Amazing acting. As real as a restaurant show will get.

Very, very cool. First few episodes and it's easy to see the potential but maybe harder to envision the payoff. But it hits.
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I enjoyed The Bear. Felt they really captured the vibe of Chicago. The grind and the perseverance it can take everyday. I thought the cast was engaging and likeable.

Lot of Chicago Easter eggs throughout. A couple no one cares about that I enjoyed were:

Neil Fak wearing a Harms Way shirt in E1 - local legends tough guy band and owners of the classic running man meme/gifs

Spoiler!

Tom Skilling as the VIP customer - WGN weatherman and cherished icon

Spoiler!

Dessert inspiration from Roeser's. The last 2 years I lived there I was fortunate to live near Roeser's. The oldest bakery in Chicago and Pączki masters.

Spoiler!
Watched The Bear on your guys' request. It was excellent. Really goddamned compelling. Moreover, it was written really well enough I had no fucking clue what was coming. It had it's hooks in me. The food is excellent in it, which is hard to do. I have no idea if they're making another season, but whatever. I'm in.

I didn't expect
Spoiler!

Wife got Hulu so she could watch Handmaiden's Tale
:-). It was worth the price of admission without the wife picking it up for dumb shit.

Watch The Bear ASAP.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:29 PM 11-10-2022
”I will shout you calm.”
”I will make your reign a reign of blood.”
[Reply]
Rausch 01:33 PM 11-11-2022
I absolutely loved Midnight Mass.

This director keeps knocking it out of the park. There's still good writing out there. Nothing bad to say about this show and a lot of themes touched on in it. If you liked Hill House you'll love this one...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 11-11-2022
”I will make your reign a reign of blood.”

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:18 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I absolutely loved Midnight Mass.

This director keeps knocking it out of the park. There's still good writing out there. Nothing bad to say about this show and a lot of themes touched on in it. If you liked Hill House you'll love this one...
Man, I did too. Great story telling. Kept me gripped the whole time through. Love the feeling of dread they created throughout.

Have you watched The Devils Hour on Amazon?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:20 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I take credit for the band still being together. Got a Slayer tattoo as an angry teenager. Had I not, they likely break up decades ago. :-)
[Reply]
Holladay 12:14 AM 11-13-2022
Something to consider the "Warrior Nun".

The second season dropped not long ago. I had not watched the first and just found it.

Wow.

If you like the supernatural/demons/angels/action packed/spiritual ideology, you should take it for a spin.

It is rated as a great underrated sleeper.

It is on Netflix.

Originally Posted by :
Netflix and chilling by yourself
:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:04 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Something to consider the "Warrior Nun".

The second season dropped not long ago. I had not watched the first and just found it.

Wow.

If you like the supernatural/demons/angels/action packed/spiritual ideology, you should take it for a spin.

It is rated as a great underrated sleeper.

It is on Netflix.

:-)
Is it kinda like Supernatural? Sounds good, but some of those monster of the week shows get kinda repetitive to me.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:15 AM 11-13-2022
Similar, yet different. There is a more central theme then "tonight it's vamps, tomorrow it's zombies". Nice babes. The main theme is religion vs science. Belief vs non-belief. Lots of action. Did I mention, some nice babes?

As the title illustrates, the main protagonist is a female nun with a gaggle of other nuns helping her.

It is worth a 30 min try. If it is not to your liking...stop.
[Reply]
Holladay 12:28 AM 11-15-2022
Finished season 2. Didn't disappoint. A fair of twists to keep intrigued.

Still would recommend.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:47 AM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Similar, yet different. There is a more central theme then "tonight it's vamps, tomorrow it's zombies". Nice babes. The main theme is religion vs science. Belief vs non-belief. Lots of action. Did I mention, some nice babes?

As the title illustrates, the main protagonist is a female nun with a gaggle of other nuns helping her.

It is worth a 30 min try. If it is not to your liking...stop.
Sounds right up my alley. Will give it a shot soon as I finish the one I’m on now.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 172
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up