ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 167
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
TEX 11:19 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think they were trying to get a competitive game. They refs reffed like they thought Tampa was the worse team they needed to help. By the time any realization happened that the Chiefs weren't the same because of the OL it was to late. So we got what we got...
Yep. Pretty much exactly what I said without reading this post prior.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:20 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Refs have influence over the outcome of games.

That's a "no-shit". That's prevalent in any sport with a ref as the nature of it is subjective in itself. Anytime something is subjective you're going to have errors, inconsistency and outcomes that people disagree with

What's in question is the WHY and HOW.

The problem people like you have is the complete lack of consistency in these views and you can never competently defend them. Like, ever.

I do believe that refs are told to look for certain things in games. They're instructed by higher-ups to watch Team A as they often commit X-type of penalty.

Teams have input on such things. Certain coaches like BB are known for sending tape into league offices complaining about certain teams getting away with certain things.

Several years ago during the Alex Smith era i recall (IIRC, Mike Tomlin) openly complaining about the Chiefs getting away with so many rub-routes. If you think he didn't complain to the league about that before the game, you're kidding yourself.

Steven Nelson, for example, has a league wide reputation for being grabby. So why would anyone be surprised that refs are paying extra close attention to Steven Nelson grabbing onto receivers and getting called for it over and over again?

I do believe that refs are also told to lay off on penalties as well and at times, let players play. We've seen examples of "let them play" in the playoffs on a yearly basis. All of a sudden things that were penalties in the regular season aren't in the playoffs.

During last season's SB run, i made note several times during the playoffs that the Refs were letting the Chiefs DB's play physical and graby. BECAUSE THEY WERE.

Not one off you mother****ers seemed to have noticed or cared.

I even said in teh SB preview thread that the Chiefs should continue letting their DB's get grabby. I SAID that they would get penalized. I SAID that the Chiefs should keep being physical anyway.

So when the game starts and the refs come out with a twitchy trigger finger looking for DPI's, no one should've been surprised.

The refs spent two ****ing weeks studying, and being told that the Chiefs DB's are grabby. Lo and behold, they're getting flagged just like i said they would.
I'm actually very consistent in my views, because it's really quite simple. When the league office wants a game called a certain way, then it is. It's not even really that conspiratorial. New York gets with the refs before these games and tells them what they want called & not called. They're not going out there saying "We want Tampa to win, so call PI." They just steer officials to make calls that will help dictate the results they want to see. The officials, as NFL employees, just do their jobs.

Obviously these guys aren't sitting in a dark room in cloaks, rubbing their hands together and scheming another Tom Brady world championship run.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:22 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not real sure, but I can see that you're not open to any of the possibilities other than what you believe... I'll answer your question regardless - IMO, KC did get calls go their way in Super Bowl LIV. The OPI to Kittle right before the half was huge. So was the TD pass that put KC on top for good in the 4th (Did Damien step out before he scored?) and the slap to Jimmy G's helmet when he was sacked in the series before Damien's 4th qtr. TD run that sealed it. So, 49'er fans can argue, and do argue, that Super Bowl LIV was rigged to go KC's way. And I can see where they're coming from. WE had the Super Star QB, not them. We got the big breaks, not them. Get it now?
The OPI to Kittle was text book OPI.

Did Damien step out before he scored? It was so fucking close that it was ruled inconclusive, call on the field stands. Text book call. It's only controversial if you want it to be. But that was called consistently as to what we've seen all season.

They can argue rigged all they want, but there's no merit to it.

Get it now?
[Reply]
TEX 11:24 AM 05-11-2021
Not according the 49er fans. There was an onslaught of "rigged" chatter from that crowd right after the game.

It's funny how it's always the losing team's fans that throw "rigged" around. And it never fails.

Matter of fact, i don't think the Chiefs have lost a game in the last 3 years that WASN'T rigged.
Naw, we lost to the Chargers last game of the season last year. We also lost to the Colts, Texans, Packers and Titans the year before that weren't rigged. So, there's 5 in two years where we lost, that weren't "rigged."
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:28 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm actually very consistent in my views, because it's really quite simple. When the league office wants a game called a certain way, then it is. It's not even really that conspiratorial. New York gets with the refs before these games and tells them what they want called & not called. They're not going out there saying "We want Tampa to win, so call PI." They just steer officials to make calls that will help dictate the results they want to see. The officials, as NFL employees, just do their jobs.

Obviously these guys aren't sitting in a dark room in cloaks, rubbing their hands together and scheming another Tom Brady world championship run.
I guess where we differ here is the "results they want to see" part.

I believe they're seeking the most competitive balance, not trying to dictate winners and be king makers. I believe that they respond to league complaints. Coaching complaints about other teams etc.

Now, someone like BlackOp absolutely believe they're sitting around in a dark room in cloaks scheming another Tom Brady Championship.

That bozo is on record claiming that Andy Reid self sabotages his team and his legacy for the will of the league.

He's made claims that even the players are in on it, and throw the games to lose on purpose to give the league the results they want.

Don't get yourself lumped in with the likes of that kinda stupid.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:32 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
To clarify, you're saying the league steered the Bills game in our favor?
No, but they didn't hinder our entire ability to play press coverage or allow them to mug our receivers.

The point being the Bills game was called evenly while the Bucs were literally going to be gifted that game regardless.
[Reply]
TEX 11:34 AM 05-11-2021
The OPI to Kittle was text book OPI.

Did Damien step out before he scored? It was so ****ing close that it was ruled inconclusive, call on the field stands. Text book call. It's only controversial if you want it to be. But that was called consistently as to what we've seen all season.

They can argue rigged all they want, but there's no merit to it.

Get it now?
I've seen OPI not called just like Kittle's more times than not. Also could make the case for illegal contact on Kittle 15 yards before the OPI even happened. (49'er fan pointed that out to me) Also seen very close calls, like Damien's TD get reversed leaving me speechless as to why.

I get that. You don't have to.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:36 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
No, but they didn't hinder our entire ability to play press coverage or allow them to mug our receivers.

The point being the Bills game was called evenly while the Bucs were literally going to be gifted that game regardless.
The Refs allowed the Chiefs to mug the Bills receivers. They mugged the fuck out of them.

Funny how that's what you call fair officiating.

There was nothing fair about it. The Chiefs got away with DPI.

Bills fans can sit there and whine about rigged just like some of ya'll do. OF COURSE, to no surprise at all, you see it as fair because the Chiefs won.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:37 AM 05-11-2021

Ahhhh, I understand now. You’re saying look at the difference in how those two games were officiated.

On a similar note, I’ve seen a lot of complaining about our Super Bowl 54 win and how the refs never flagged our offensive line for holding, but at least those officials weren’t throwing the flag on either team.

I much prefer the refs stay out of it as much as possible as opposed to the sham one-sided officiating we saw in Super Bowl 55 or the NFC Championship Game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:37 AM 05-11-2021
I've seen OPI not called just like Kittle's more times than not.
Lol, that doesn't make it NOT OPI.

The fucking dude had full extension of his arm for christ sake.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:40 AM 05-11-2021
I've seen OPI not called just like Kittle's more times than not. Also could make the case for illegal contact on Kittle 15 yards before the OPI even happened. (49'er fan pointed that out to me) Also seen very close calls, like Damien's TD get reversed leaving me speechless as to why.

I get that. You don't have to.
You're making the argument to me that it was rigged because the Refs called the game the way it shoulda been called?

That's a new one.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:40 AM 05-11-2021
Not according the 49er fans. There was an onslaught of "rigged" chatter from that crowd right after the game.

It's funny how it's always the losing team's fans that throw "rigged" around. And it never fails.

Matter of fact, i don't think the Chiefs have lost a game in the last 3 years that WASN'T rigged.
I agree that most fans think the NFL is against their team. Hell, the cheatriots think that BS and they won 6 rings. It's still funny seeing fans say that here-when we just won a freaking chip the year before. Blackop especially is 1 of a kind and can't keep his own wackjob conspiracy theories straight.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:44 AM 05-11-2021
The Refs allowed the Chiefs to mug the Bills receivers. They mugged the fuck out of them.

Funny how that's what you call fair officiating.

There was nothing fair about it. The Chiefs got away with DPI.

Bills fans can sit there and whine about rigged just like some of ya'll do. OF COURSE, to no surprise at all, you see it as fair because the Chiefs won.
The game was called the same on both sides against the Bills.

The Bucs game was a fucking disaster of a fraud.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:46 AM 05-11-2021

In retrospect it's pretty much a given that we were man handling the Bills WRs. I think that Romo even made a comment or 2 during the game. Fair game according to you. Bucs game=completely rigged and decided on weeks in advance of course...?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:50 AM 05-11-2021
The game was called the same on both sides against the Bills.

The Bucs game was a fucking disaster of a fraud.
Here's a Bills fan that thinks that game was rigged.

[Reply]
Page 68 of 167
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up