View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 56 of 343
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:02 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
By whom, you?
You don't seriously think that means a DAMN thing, do you?
Fans think their opinions mean something and they don't mean jack or shit.

LOL, no expectations amirite
[Reply]
BWillie 07:33 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yes. Leverage.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:44 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
A deal that is REALLY 5/105 is too high? Because I know you've said before that his true peers are guys like Jake Matthews, who recently signed an extension that added 3/55M to his deal, making his total contract remaining 5/104M.

Keeping it in AAV does keep it simple. But some of these deals are being designed with an ego-stroke throw-away year on them, and some of them are not.

That 's a difficult thing for me to swallow considering what guys in his tier and below his tier have gotten on recent deals.
A deal that is really 5/105 is acceptable to me but you aren't likely to see that on the OP contract of 6/145. You're probably more at 5/115 with that deal. It may be only a couple more million but I'm already at what I'd consider my upper bounds on 5/105 as I feel his true value is more in the 5/90 range. I mean, my opinion doesn't matter but I'd like to see the Chiefs push back on this one a bit and not just cave.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:11 PM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
A deal that is really 5/105 is acceptable to me but you aren't likely to see that on the OP contract of 6/145. You're probably more at 5/115 with that deal. It may be only a couple more million but I'm already at what I'd consider my upper bounds on 5/105 as I feel his true value is more in the 5/90 range. I mean, my opinion doesn't matter but I'd like to see the Chiefs push back on this one a bit and not just cave.
We will see. I think we're going to see a deal that is structured like Adams' and Hill's deals.

I do believe pretty fervently that you're valuing him based on COVID-affected pay grades, and not paying enough credit to how the cap is about to explode.

It would be pretty hard to push back and say his true value is the same as a shitbag like Cam Robinson and lower than that of Jake Matthews, who is in the same general tier as Brown but is several years older.

But again. The difference between 5/90 and 5/105 over five years is ($3M/year).
[Reply]
-King- 09:46 PM 06-19-2022
We will see. I think we're going to see a deal that is structured like Adams' and Hill's deals.

I do believe pretty fervently that you're valuing him based on COVID-affected pay grades, and not paying enough credit to how the cap is about to explode.

It would be pretty hard to push back and say his true value is the same as a shitbag like Cam Robinson and lower than that of Jake Matthews, who is in the same general tier as Brown but is several years older.

I mean, I think I only watched one Jags game this year but PFF has Cam Robinson allowing 1 sack last year. In a much much worse system, under a much much worse coach, in front of a much much worse QB. Honestly how is he much worse? And even he's overpaid so how overpaid will Brown be if we cave to his demands.
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:00 AM 06-20-2022
Brown played more snaps last season than Christian has played in his entire career and both were selected in the 3rd round of the 2018 NFL draft.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:19 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
he will never be under 315 pounds. Ever. And he shouldn't be. He's a much more massive man than that.
how many years did the fridge last?

no LT above him in wage weighs more than 315...

and don't dare say clubs have no right to force a player to be under a certain weight...

it happens all the time when money is involved :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:01 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:

and don't dare say clubs have no right to force a player to be under a certain weight...

How many of them are 6-8?

Also, what do you think Trent Williams weighs (hint: it’s more than 315 pounds).

365 or whatever he was didn’t work as well for him. So he lost a bunch of weight in the off-season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:37 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:

Fridge was like 350 in a different era. Totally different thing. That would be like being 400 pounds now. This is a disingenuous argument.

Brown has dropped 20 pounds and intends to play at 340-ish, to move better. This is a positive development and indicates that he's aware of and working to improve his mobility issues. I don't see how you can spin this into a negative.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:51 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Brown played more snaps last season than Christian has played in his entire career and both were selected in the 3rd round of the 2018 NFL draft.
And Christian will have an opportunity to improve on his success, like a backup QB who has skills to be a good starter that has a chance.
[Reply]
TEX 06:58 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Fridge was like 350 in a different era. Totally different thing. That would be like being 400 pounds now. This is a disingenuous argument.

Brown has dropped 20 pounds and intends to play at 340-ish, to move better. This is a positive development and indicates that he's aware of and working to improve his mobility issues. I don't see how you can spin this into a negative.
This is very true, and I'm in the camp that does not want to make him the highest paid LT in the league. Because of that reason alone, I don't think he'll sit on his ass once he gets paid. You're right in that there is no way to spin it into a negative.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:05 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
This is very true, and I'm in the camp that does not want to make him the highest paid LT in the league. Because of that reason alone, I don't think he'll sit on his ass once he gets paid. You're right in that there is no way to spin it into a negative.
It's definitely good, but he hasn't been doing this from the start is concerning.

He'll have good contract year, but what happens during his 2nd year into the contract and whatever that follows
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:20 AM 06-20-2022

The kid isn't the second coming of Willie Roaf or Tony Boselli
It seems like some on here think unless he is a for sure HOF LT then he has no value. **** him. Lets dump the 1st round pick we already spent. Give up 2022 and 2023 first rounders and go up into the 9-15 pick and take a gamble on a new LT. That's insane.

Originally Posted by BossChief:
He doesn’t ****ing need to be.

Jesus.

You guy should just come to grips that Willie Roaf is gone. We tried to get Silverback, but it didn’t work out and the kid we got is solid, showed improvement as the season progressed, lost a bunch of weight in the offseason and is putting in a lot of work on technique. He and Pat are developing chemistry to where they will find tune the dropbacks. Playing next to a guy like Thuney will help him continue to fine tune how they deal with pass rushers that Orlando doesn’t match well with, skill set wise.

The kid should develop into a strong pass blocker.
THIS!

We are too far down this path to quibble over $3 million. He plays out this year under the tag, its going to cost more money than some on here realize. The cap is going to explode. Everyone knows that. That's the reality.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:23 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It seems like some on here think unless he is a for sure HOF LT then he has no value. **** him. Lets dump the 1st round pick we already spent. Give up 2022 and 2023 first rounders and go up into the 9-15 pick and take a gamble on a new LT. That's insane.

THIS!

We are too far down this path to quibble over $3 million.

If he wants to be the highest paid, and not take a team friendly deal then fuck him he's not good enough to be given a blank check.
[Reply]
O.city 07:26 AM 06-20-2022
It's wild to me that the same people that don't want to spend top dollar on OBJ want to spend all the draft picks to go up and draft a LT.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 343
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up