ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 208
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
cabletech94 01:48 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Chargers took Nick Niemann. :-)
Dodged that bullet!!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:48 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Your mother should have let the load that hobo pumped into her spoil in her asshole. Instead she took it in the cooch and you're here.
Lol these keyboard warriors always make me giggle :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:49 PM 05-01-2021
Fuck! Off-season champions again.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:50 PM 05-01-2021
It is interesting seeing other teams draft picks and seeing what that will do to their roster.

Baltimore Ravens with all of the WRs - Rashad Bateman and Tylan Wallace, but also signed Sammy Watkins and they had Marquise Brown, Miles Boykin, Devin Duvernay, James Proche, and Jaylon Moore. They also currently have 6 TEs.

Las Vegas Raiders - Had Johnathan Abram and Jeff Heath, Re-signed Karl Joseph, and drafted Trevon Moehrig, Devine Diablo, and Tyree Gillespie. Diablo might be moved to LB.

Indianapolis Colts - Had Kemoko Turay, Ben Banogu, and Isaac Rochell. Signed Al-Quadin Muhammad. They also drafted Kwity Paye and Dayo Odeyingbo with their first two draft picks. Doubt that they re-sign Justin Houston.

Buffalo Bills - They doubled up on DE and OT in the draft.
They had Mario Addison, A.J. Epenesa, Mike Love, and Jerry Hughes and they drafted DE Gregory Rousseau, Miami, and DE Carlos Basham, Wake Forest with their first two picks.
Buffalo already had a good young OL and they signed Forrest Lamp and Bobby Hart and then drafted OT Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa and OT Tommy Doyle Miami (OH)
[Reply]
YontsRBake 01:52 PM 05-01-2021
Chargers took the Niemann brother. We're safe
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 05-01-2021
So we have 36 picks to go unless we trade up.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 01:58 PM 05-01-2021
Dylan Moses with our last pick to try to develop into our future Sam would be nice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Dylan Moses with our last pick to try to develop into our future Sam would be nice.
Willie Gay is your Sam. He spent all last season learning Wilson’s spot. He’s going to be the opening day starter.
[Reply]
bobhill 02:02 PM 05-01-2021
Chargers took the Niemann brother. We're safe
We should trade them the other Niemann brother for a foam lighting bolt ⚡
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:06 PM 05-01-2021
You cannot argue with the value in round 2.

You cannot argue with the upside in rounds 4 and 5.

We drafted all of the positions I personally felt we needed upgrades other than the hybrid S/LB Sorensen role.

I give this draft a B+ without considering the Zeus addition.

I say B+ because I'd have preferred to take a WR in round 2 and a LB later, and a DE earlier, but it's quibbling really.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 05-01-2021
I’m at the Other Place right now (Chiefs bar in Des Moines) so I will keep this brief.

I’m quite pleased with this draft. Like I said before, not a lot of sex appeal but this was all about solidifying the team. They got some anchor pieces early and some high upside chess pieces late.

Maybe not the home run people wanted but a solid triple and with this team’s current situation, they’re setup to score.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 02:07 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Willie Gay is your Sam. He spent all last season learning Wilson’s spot. He’s going to be the opening day starter.
Long-term i'd think we'd develop him into our Will though.

Why have our best long-term LB prospect play the position that comes off the field in nickel?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 05-01-2021
Long-term i'd think we'd develop him into our Will though.

Why have our best long-term LB prospect play the position that comes off the field in nickel?
He wouldn’t come off the field in nickel. Wilson played a ton of snaps at nickel buck and the Chiefs said in preseason last year that Gay would eventually do the same.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:09 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’m at the Other Place right now (Chiefs bar in Des Moines) so I will keep this brief.

I’m quite pleased with this draft. Like I said before, not a lot of sex appeal but this was all about solidifying the team. They got some anchor pieces early and some high upside chess pieces late.

Maybe not the home run people wanted but a solid triple and with this team’s current situation, they’re setup to score.
We have a few of those in KC love that place great food.

I like our draft thought the first 2 picks were great. The DE is a developmental guy, not really high on that tight end, like the Cornell pick.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:10 PM 05-01-2021
Go figure they would want to draft a perennial dependable special teamer that you pay the league minimum...

You guys are nuts, Niemann isn't a starter, but he's a good piece of the puzzle for the minimum, and will still be when we have 3 starting LBer's. If you want to be mad, be mad at the front office, not Niemann, I don't get the hate for a kid that comes to work everyday and plays hard and is a good special teamer, it's the front office fault he's starting...
[Reply]
Page 200 of 208
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204 > Last »
Up