ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 153
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:22 AM 12-10-2020
There is a lot coming to Disney+. I hope they are making Jon Faverau a very rich man.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/b...ew-movies.html
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:25 AM 12-10-2020
And from the article. Most of the content on Disney+ they already own and not new content. How did they spend this much money getting launched?

Streaming is not yet profitable for Disney — far from it. Losses in the direct-to-consumer division totaled $2.8 billion in the company’s 2020 fiscal year
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:33 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
And from the article. Most of the content on Disney+ they already own and not new content. How did they spend this much money getting launched?
Disney is worth more than $170 billions dollars so they had plenty of money to launch.

Keep in mind, they initially thought it would be 2023 before they had 50 million subscribers, a number they hit in less than six months. They're shooting for 175 million by 2025 and by that time, they'll definitely be in the black.

Streaming is not yet profitable for Disney — far from it. Losses in the direct-to-consumer division totaled $2.8 billion in the company’s 2020 fiscal year
Startup costs are always part of the deal, so this isn't unexpected.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 AM 12-10-2020
There is a lot coming to Disney+. I hope they are making Jon Faverau a very rich man.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/b...ew-movies.html
The Mandalorian was once again, #1 in all streaming platforms this past week.

There are several series that would have launched already this year had it not been for the COVID shutdown.

With 8 new Marvel TV series and 10 Star Wars shows in development, with the Rogue One and Obi Wan series set to begin shooting in January, along with Season 3 of the Mandalorian, Disney+ will soon dominate streaming.
[Reply]
bowener 12:45 PM 12-10-2020

I was curious and I got bored and had some free time so I tried to find some data.

BLUF: Owning and running a streaming service is fucking expensive.

$2.58 Billion to buy 75% of streaming company BAMTech.

$204 million annually for leasing the cost of AWS server farms (estimated based on Netflix $17m monthly).

$unknown millions to streaming devices annually. Supposedly Roku charges 20% of subscriber fees, as well as a share of ad revenue.

$500 million for new content in the first year. $75 million for Hamilton alone.

edit: Today I learned that I should have purchased stocks in Roku.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:09 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
edit: Today I learned that I should have purchased stocks in Roku.
Or you'd be a billionaire if you invested in Netflix when the DVD on demand business collapsed and everyone wrote them off. Early 2013 $14, now $500

Or Disney in 2011 for mid-30's worth $150 or so now
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:13 PM 12-10-2020
Disney is expected to make some major Star Wars announcements this afternoon.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:25 PM 12-10-2020
They could take the Obi-Wan story anywhere they want to go. Tons of possibilities.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:30 PM 12-10-2020
A Young Jar Jar series?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:33 PM 12-10-2020
They could take the Obi-Wan story anywhere they want to go. Tons of possibilities.
It's set about 7 years before A New Hope or basically the same time period as when Solo ended.

The series was completely re-written because it was way too similar to The Mandalorian, which is weird in and of itself because Lucasfilm should have known this well before production was originally scheduled to start. It's now set for a January start date.

The announcement is supposed to include new movies and TV series that haven't already been unveiled.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:52 PM 12-10-2020

Over the next few years, roughly 10 @Marvel series, 10 @StarWars series, 15 Disney live action, @DisneyAnimation, and @Pixar series, plus 15 all-new Disney live action, Disney Animation, and Pixar features will be released directly on @DisneyPlus.

— Disney (@Disney) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:54 PM 12-10-2020
Confirmed! 10 Star Wars series!

Although you guys already knew that because I've been posting about it for months.

:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 03:55 PM 12-10-2020
Confirmed! 10 Star Wars series!

Although you guys already knew that because I've been posting about it for months.

I am interested in your insights and would like to subscribe to your email newsletter.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:00 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I am interested in your insights and would like to subscribe to your email newsletter.
Will a text work?

[Reply]
Page 79 of 153
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129 > Last »
Up