ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 28
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Kansas City Chiefs Are A Bad Football Team
arrwheader 12:24 PM 10-24-2021
Top to Bottom. Time to rebuild.

Edit:

This team needs a lot of changes, currently they are a bad football team. Bad football teams lose every game to good football teams and sometimes win against other bad teams. They also turn the ball over minimum 2x a games. They have no focus, little fight, and seem to regress every game.

Time for a reboot.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:52 PM 10-26-2021
currently at 11

7 spots available

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:56 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I still have hope they can go on a run. The 2018 defense was also a dumpster fire and they came within an offsides of going to the SB. In a way I think them not making the playoffs is a good thing. Allows for them to cut dead weight and address positions of need with blue chip talent and not the end of every round talent.
I have a feeling that this is going to light a fire. Everyone in the media and most of the fanbase has done nothing but trash these guys since Sunday. They’ve been repeatedly called a bad football team and told they’re done. If that doesn’t motivate a person, nothing will.
[Reply]
Herewego 11:09 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Who are the seven teams that are likely to finish ahead of the Chiefs? There might be 5-6 that have a good chance, but I certainly wouldn’t bet on a 7th.

Good point. Assuming Div winners are Chargers, Bills, Ravens and Titans, the Raiders and Bengals are also looking good, but after that, it's a mix between the Browns, Patriots, Chiefs and Colts. (Outside chance for the Steelers, but unlikely). Of that group, Indy's schedule looks best (Jags x2, Texans, Jets and Pats at home) but the Chiefs are definitely still in it. Only sure wins remaining on schedule, though, are Broncos x2, and both Giants and Steelers at home. The rest are tough. They'll have to sweep the dregs and beat at least two decent teams. Definitely doable!
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:37 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Herewego:
Good point. Assuming Div winners are Chargers, Bills, Ravens and Titans, the Raiders and Bengals are also looking good, but after that, it's a mix between the Browns, Patriots, Chiefs and Colts. (Outside chance for the Steelers, but unlikely). Of that group, Indy's schedule looks best (Jags x2, Texans, Jets and Pats at home) but the Chiefs are definitely still in it. Only sure wins remaining on schedule, though, are Broncos x2, and both Giants and Steelers at home. The rest are tough. They'll have to sweep the dregs and beat at least two decent teams. Definitely doable!
Not sure I'd be so quick to circle a W against the Steelers. They have a solid defense, per usual, and Najee Harris will give our sieve defense a lot of problems. Plus, with the 5-7 seconds Fat Ben will have to pass, Johnson and Claypool will be an issue. Not saying it's an automatic loss but as things stand now, it wouldn't shock me.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 12:45 AM 10-27-2021
I have a feeling that this is going to light a fire. Everyone in the media and most of the fanbase has done nothing but trash these guys since Sunday. They’ve been repeatedly called a bad football team and told they’re done. If that doesn’t motivate a person, nothing will.
I don't think so. The Chiefs have themselves to thank for this dumpster fire of a season so far. The fans aren't abandoning the team, but they are calling it like they have seen; exactly as the Chiefs put their product on the field: horrible.

[Reply]
xztop123 12:53 AM 10-27-2021
The problem is always X’s and O’s

Stop trying to dramatize this you bunch of women.

It’s not some crap where the players no longer have heart.

Our left tackle is too slow to block. The defense doesn’t rotate pass rushers or have elite horses like all the good teams do.

Clark and Jones are the only two players that play a position where they may be “giving up” on plays.

But you only give up on a play when you’re already in a bad position due to X’s and O’s.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:05 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
I don't think so. The Chiefs have themselves to thank for this dumpster fire of a season so far. The fans aren't abandoning the team, but they are calling it like they have seen; exactly as the Chiefs put their product on the field: horrible.

They've played a really tough schedule and are two self-inflicted errors away from 5-2. Bad teams can't say that.

Their turnover issues have defied the odds. I don't see how anybody could expect that to continue. The offense had moved the ball as well as ever until a bump in the road Sunday. Even if the defense struggles all year, that's no different than 2018.
[Reply]
TEX 02:19 AM 10-27-2021
They've played a really tough schedule and are two self-inflicted errors away from 5-2. Bad teams can't say that.

Their turnover issues have defied the odds. I don't see how anybody could expect that to continue. The offense had moved the ball as well as ever until a bump in the road Sunday. Even if the defense struggles all year, that's no different than 2018.
If you're gonna count it that way, you have to take away the Cleveland win, because they won that because of a turnover. It works both ways... :-)
[Reply]
TEX 02:27 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by xztop123:

Our left tackle is too slow to block. The defense doesn’t rotate pass rushers or have elite horses like all the good teams do.

Clark and Jones are the only two players that play a position where they may be “giving up” on plays.

But you only give up on a play when you’re already in a bad position due to X’s and O’s.
Yep. If our Tackles could pass protect better, especially the LT, and we had a decent DL that could get pressure with 4, then both sides of the ball would be a lot better with everything else as is. Not saying there isn't a need for upgrades in other areas, just saying those are the most glaring weaknesses on the team and if they were fixed, it would stop the bleeding and would help improve play elsewhere.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:58 AM 10-27-2021
You gotta hand it to 'em(I know, needs a manicure)

'17 was the pinky finger, new born QB
'18 the ring finger, that came up just short
'19 the middle finger,
'20 the index finger,
'21 the opposing thumb,
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:22 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by xztop123:

Clark and Jones are being paid $50m this season to rush the passer. The fact that they're completely useless and showing poor effort is a huge reason this defense is terrible.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:50 AM 10-27-2021
Remember when the NE Patriots went 12-4 in 2013, and then next year came in to Arrowhead and got CRUSHED 41-14?

Good teams get their asses kicked from time to time. It happens. The important thing is what you do next. Gotta thump the shit out of the Giants this week.
[Reply]
TEX 08:30 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Remember when the NE Patriots went 12-4 in 2013, and then next year came in to Arrowhead and got CRUSHED 41-14?

Good teams get their asses kicked from time to time. It happens. The important thing is what you do next. Gotta thump the shit out of the Giants this week.
I hear ya, but NE had a defense. The Chiefs do not. Yeah, they'll probably beat the shit out of the Giants, but then what? Get their asses kicked by the Packers, Raiders and Cowboys and be 4-7? Because that's where this is heading. Bet NE was not 4-7 that season. :-)
[Reply]
493rd 08:33 AM 10-27-2021
When the Chiefs are 4-7 just prior to Thanksgiving the playoff chatter will end. Rodgers, Dak, and Carr are gonna light us up. Hell, the Packers and Cowboys might hang 40 on us, maybe more.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:33 AM 10-27-2021
well, I expect they'll come out and destroy the Giants.

And then go back to loafing on defense.

I think Spags has lost the defense. I don't think it's necessarily his fault, but I don't see Clark, Jones, or Reed suddenly deciding to go all out every play the rest of the season. They got paid, Two of them got their rings.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 28
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up