ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 1208
« First < 30707677787980 81828384901301805801080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:26 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Keep it cool and dry and you're good.
I live in Florida. It's hot and humid. I can't keep it in the living areas of the house where the AC is. Wonder where I could put it?

You buy me a pod too?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:27 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I live in Florida. It's hot and humid. I can't keep it in the living areas of the house where the AC is. Wonder where I could put it?

You buy me a pod too?
Freezer. Same place you put all the dead critters you eliminate from the ecosystem.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:30 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I want to buy half a lamb at some point. I really dig lamb and it's so expensive in the store and usually shitty quality. Or maybe even buy a quarter of beef.

Let me know if anyone has any connections.
I have friends just over the Tallahassee border in southern rural Georgia who actually are able to get a whole cow slaughtered, then the guy cuts it all up for them and they put in their freezer. I haven't seen for awhile. I have no idea how they go about it...but I sure southern Georgia is too far away for you.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:30 PM 01-07-2016
Deer are a dime a dozen. No sense in feeling bad about killing any of them, BEP.

Oh I can get meat here from Arizona ranchers. Just didn't know if someone on CP had a better hookup.

My parents used to buy a lamb every year from our family friends. They own 33,000 acres with a huge sheep herd on it. That shit was so good.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:32 PM 01-07-2016
Freezer. Same place you put all the dead critters you eliminate from the ecosystem.
Is a freezer considered "dry?" It would have to be one mother of a big freezer.

My garage is AC's with a wall unit and kept at 69% all the time for my freeze-dried foods but it recently broke. Now all that food is in my bedroom because it's the only place that's cold enough. I freeze in my room and that's about 74°.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:32 PM 01-07-2016
I have friends just over the Tallahassee border in southern rural Georgia who actually are able to get a whole cow slaughtered, then the guy cuts it all up for them and they put in their freezer. I haven't seen for awhile. I have no idea how they go about it...but I sure southern Georgia is too far away for you.
I split a beef with my buddy twice a year. He pulled in the shop last week with it all in the bed of his truck...guy that works for me ate steaks that night lol.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:33 PM 01-07-2016
Deer are a dime a dozen. No sense in feeling bad about killing any of them, BEP.

Oh I can get meat here from Arizona ranchers. Just didn't know if someone on CP had a better hookup.

My parents used to buy a lamb every year from our family friends. They own 33,000 acres with a huge sheep herd on it. That shit was so good.
They're so elegant and friendly though. Sniff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:40 PM 01-07-2016
I want to buy half a lamb at some point. I really dig lamb and it's so expensive in the store and usually shitty quality. Or maybe even buy a quarter of beef.

Let me know if anyone has any connections.
Local outfit gets local cows from a local feedlot that has a high grade hormone free program. The cow is excellent. I don't know about sheep though. I'd imagine the butcher could get his mitts on a critter.

You'd have to come up here to get it, but I can PM you the details if you want.

I'd even buy your beer while you were up here :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 09:41 PM 01-07-2016
I read that Paul McCartney and his wife Linda became vegetarian. They were eating lamb chops one night by the window on their farm and saw :-) grazing. That jolted them into realizing what was on their plate. So they never ate another animal ever again.

His new wife doesn't eat meat in front of him.
I don't eat sheep because I don't think they taste very good. On the other hand I get hungry if I drive by a field full of cows.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:43 PM 01-07-2016
Is a freezer considered "dry?" It would have to be one mother of a big freezer.

My garage is AC's with a wall unit and kept at 69% all the time for my freeze-dried foods but it recently broke. Now all that food is in my bedroom because it's the only place that's cold enough. I freeze in my room and that's about 74°.
200 lb is 3.5 bushels. Not that much.

They're so elegant and friendly though. Sniff.
They are vermin that eat at the buffet de' Buehler. Fuckers dine and dash every time.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:46 PM 01-07-2016
Local outfit gets local cows from a local feedlot that has a high grade hormone free program. The cow is excellent. I don't know about sheep though. I'd imagine the butcher could get his mitts on a critter.

You'd have to come up here to get it, but I can PM you the details if you want.

I'd even buy your beer while you were up here :-)
this guy is probably the one to talk to.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:47 PM 01-07-2016
We get ours from a local guy who is older and has like 20 head a year and then we have a local place process it for us.
[Reply]
srvy 10:17 PM 01-07-2016
Anyone know anything about cooking venison. My SO brought me some from someone he works with. I know nothing about how to prepare and cook this meat.

I vaguely remember trying a little piece of venison when out visiting former in-laws in Iowa who hunt. It was in a stew and it vaguely remember it tasting gamey.

Any recipes welcome. FMB is the meat expert maybe he knows a thing or two.
Some good recipe here to give you a strart.

http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/ho...ison-recipes-0

Venison is lean but it can have some fat. Venison fat will produce a stronger flavor. Many use other fat sources for cooking for that reason.

A strong gamey taste is usually from poor field cleaning and harvesting of the meat. Or getting meat mixed from meat locker processing plat. Some weigh your meat and since most grind to burger you get what comes out from other deer being processed. So you could take great care to field dress the deer and get burger from a rank armatures deer that wasn't cared for. I butcher my game myself just like my Pappy and Grandpappy showed me.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:43 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I don't eat sheep because I don't think they taste very good. On the other hand I get hungry if I drive by a field full of cows.
I love lamb—rack of lamb is my favorite...but also lamb chops and roasted lamb or leg of lamb. I worked in a Greek restaurant in college and they really got me liking lamb. They made it well. But the rack of lamb, my gf from school in SF made that for me and I LOVE it. I try to serve it at Easter.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:49 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Some good recipe here to give you a strart.

http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/ho...ison-recipes-0

Venison is lean but it can have some fat. Venison fat will produce a stronger flavor. Many use other fat sources for cooking for that reason.

A strong gamey taste is usually from poor field cleaning and harvesting of the meat. Or getting meat mixed from meat locker processing plat. Some weigh your meat and since most grind to burger you get what comes out from other deer being processed. So you could take great care to field dress the deer and get burger from a rank armatures deer that wasn't cared for. I butcher my game myself just like my Pappy and Grandpappy showed me.
My former sil's hubby is a vet who has to dissect animals for the govt to check for mad cow and other diseases. So they'd hunt and then hang the poor thangs up in their barn to butcher 'em into the different cuts. They owned a lot of land out there. They'd hunt on that often but I don't know if the one I ate was from their fields or not.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 1208
« First < 30707677787980 81828384901301805801080 > Last »
Up