ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 51
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
manchambo 06:37 PM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
lol
What exactly is lol about this?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:27 PM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Westworld finally renewed for 2nd season, but won't be airing until sometime in 2018.
Excellent
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:37 PM 11-14-2016
That episode was amazing. The door Bernard didn't see wasn't there until Theresa entered the room.
[Reply]
Miles 12:48 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Westworld finally renewed for 2nd season, but won't be airing until sometime in 2018.
The 2018 part is depressing
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:20 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That episode was amazing. The door Bernard didn't see wasn't there until Theresa entered the room.
Also explains how Ford appeared out of nowhere when Bernard was talking with the hosts residing there in the previous episode.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:01 AM 11-15-2016
There is a certain balance to it. It was interesting to me that Ford and the rep from corporate both said 'blood sacrifice.' Makes me think that Ford and corporate are working together more closely than has been hinted at so far, coupled with the speech he gave about the relationship he has with them. Perhaps the worry about lost code if Ford goes renegade is a bullshit cover story. Perhaps they just don't want anyone to find out what Ford is really doing.
I think Ford made the Rep a host to fool Theresa to think her plan was working... After all he says he controls everything....
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:59 AM 11-15-2016
Up until now I had assumed that the host's brain was mechanical in nature. Or perhaps I should say electronic. But giving a host an actual lobotomy kind of implies to me that I underestimated the complexity of the fabrication process. I'm leaning more and more towards transfer of consciousness as the secret motive of Delos.
I'm thinking that Charlotte, the board member, is basically already a host with transferred consciousness. While a young, super-hot board member isn't out of the question, it makes sense that board members are aiming for immortality, and why not be young and super hot?

The original board member may already be dead, or some old hag in an ivory tower somewhere on life support while they perfect the technology.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:03 AM 11-15-2016
I don't think any of the board members are hosts because I don't think that's Ford's plan -at least at the point where the Theresa/Charlotte plot is at if you assume there are multiple timelines at play.

People gloss over the fact Hector was tied up in Charlotte's room when she said "blood sacrifice" and hence why Ford said that to twist the knife into Theresa.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:09 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I don't think any of the board members are hosts because I don't think that's Ford's plan -at least at the point where the Theresa/Charlotte plot is at if you assume there are multiple timelines at play.

People gloss over the fact Hector was tied up in Charlotte's room when she said "blood sacrifice" and hence why Ford said that to twist the knife into Theresa.
I don't think that rules anything out. Just because Ford has access to all the hosts in the park, doesn't mean he has access to board members info. Alternatively, the board member could just be part of a plan to take out Theresa.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:21 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I don't think that rules anything out. Just because Ford has access to all the hosts in the park, doesn't mean he has access to board members info. Alternatively, the board member could just be part of a plan to take out Theresa.
Any board member that comes into the park, he can kill and send back a robot in it's place. He can then essentially manipulate the board, or at least a good part of it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:39 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Any board member that comes into the park, he can kill and send back a robot in it's place. He can then essentially manipulate the board, or at least a good part of it.
If that's the case, then wouldn't he just say that he actually controls the board when confronting Theresa instead of saying that they enjoy "testing" him every now and then?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:58 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I think that's been his plan from the beginning. Replace every rich person who enters the park with an exact duplicate until he controls the whole infrastructure of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
listopencil 06:31 PM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I'm thinking that Charlotte, the board member, is basically already a host with transferred consciousness. While a young, super-hot board member isn't out of the question, it makes sense that board members are aiming for immortality, and why not be young and super hot?

The original board member may already be dead, or some old hag in an ivory tower somewhere on life support while they perfect the technology.
Yeah that popped into my head fairly quickly. But then I got distracted by that marvelous ass and lost my train of thought. Do we know that she's a board member or is she just someone who was sent by the board?
[Reply]
listopencil 06:36 PM 11-15-2016
Last week, we finally had the pleasure of meeting Charlotte Hale on Westworld, the enigmatic character played by Creed actress (and future Thor: Ragnarok star) Tessa Thompson. At first glance, she appeared to be an excitable guest at the park, decompressing at Westworld's luxurious resort before returning to the real world. Then she was revealed to actually be the representative mentioned earlier by Dr. Ford, the Executive Director of the Delos board sent to investigate the various goings-on at the park. This week, Charlotte proved herself to be a worthy foe when she made a bold move against Ford himself.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1945...-dangerous-foe

So what does the Executive Director do? She does look very young to be holding a seat on the board of directors for a large company, much less Executive Director.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:39 PM 11-15-2016
From wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_directors

Inside director

An inside director is a director who is also an employee, officer, chief executive, major shareholder, or someone similarly connected to the organization. Inside directors represent the interests of the entity's stakeholders, and often have special knowledge of its inner workings, its financial or market position, and so on.
Typical inside directors are:
An inside director who is employed as a manager or executive of the organization is sometimes referred to as an executive director (not to be confused with the title executive director sometimes used for the CEO position in some organizations). Executive directors often have a specified area of responsibility in the organization, such as finance, marketing, human resources, or production.[10]
[Reply]
Page 18 of 51
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up