ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 120
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:11 PM 07-27-2023
I've said it forever, but you should be allowed to fight one ump per team per year.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:13 PM 07-27-2023
Man, I don't like retaliation, but Mikolas should've gotten a warning before that.

That's BS.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:15 PM 07-27-2023
Chip Carey throwing shade on the way out of the inning - Cubs & Umpires 3, Cardinals 0
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:16 PM 07-27-2023
I wouldn’t even call it retaliation

Happ took it as owed and it was over
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:18 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Mikolas intentionally plunked him as a result of Happ's backswing, hence retaliation.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:21 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Mikolas intentionally plunked him as a result of Happ's backswing, hence retaliation.
Semantics but he was reconciling
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:33 PM 07-27-2023
Nm just heard Drink speak for the first time ever

Umps clearly got it right :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:19 PM 07-27-2023
Man, I don't like retaliation, but Mikolas should've gotten a warning before that.

That's BS.
How can they throw someone out without a warning?

Originally Posted by KCUnited:

yeah, he knew what was coming. It was near the butt area. Not meant to hurt unlike losing our catcher.

No one complained about being hit. Not a single cub. There was no reason to eject him. The umpires interjected their self’s into the game for no reason.

Sure he did but you can’t prove it. Pitchers hit batters all the time. 99% is unintentional. But, how are we supposed to know?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 07-27-2023
Seems like Arenado and Flaherty could go back home. How’s that talent lA is willing to give up?

Nolan Arenado's days with the St. Louis Cardinals could be numbered ahead of the Aug. 1 trade deadline.

The Los Angeles Dodgers and Cardinals have engaged in trade talks centered around the superstar third baseman, sources told Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times.

St. Louis may also send right-hander Jack Flaherty or left-hander Jordan Montgomery to Los Angeles in the deal, according to Castillo.

The Cardinals are interested in young pitchers such as Bobby Miller, Gavin Stone, Ryan Pepiot, and Emmet Sheehan, sources told Castillo.

The potential blockbuster trade would reportedly likely include infielder Max Muncy or utilityman Chris Taylor, if not both, heading to St. Louis.

Arenado would only be willing to waive his no-trade clause to head home to California to play for the Dodgers, sources told Castillo.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:32 AM 07-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How can they throw someone out without a warning?
Because intentionally throwing at a batter is an automatic ejection. Mikolas is a moron and if he wanted to actually pitch yesterday he should have done it in the 6th inning or let a reliever handle it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 07-28-2023
`y
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Because intentionally throwing at a batter is an automatic ejection.
Since when? How many batters get plunked and they just go to their base. No ejections.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:24 AM 07-28-2023
Since when? How many batters get plunked and they just go to their base. No ejections.
How many of those batters that got hit was it deemed that the pitcher intentionally threw at them?

Its been this way for a handful of years now. If the umpire believes with out a doubt the pitcher intentionally threw at the batter then he's gone, multiple pitchers have been thrown out for this and they didnt even hit the batter. He also has the power to eject the manager as well. If there is doubt then warnings are issued.

There is no doubt Mikolas intentionally threw at Happ. He threw at him twice until he finally hit him. The fact that he missed his first attempt was why "Happ knew what was coming."

If you admit "Happ knew it was coming." Then how are you possibly going to argue "how do we know it was intentional?" Everyone fucking knew it was intentional because he did it on the first 2 pitches after Happ accidentally hit Contreras in his backswing. Mikolas is a fucking moron.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM 07-28-2023
I'm going to agree with the Cub fan here - Mikolas didn't give him a choice.

A) There was NO reason to hit Happ. We retaliate for baseball accidents now? Happ was clearly apologetic and he and Contreras had even hugged it out. There was no intent so no 'message' to send. "Hey, don't go doing that thing you did on accident again!"

B) I think Mikolas stays in the game if he doesn't throw at him twice. You get one free pitch. Mikolas took his and missed. Then he did it again. That really doesn't give the umpires a choice. They can't pretend to not recognize the intent behind it at that point.

It was petty, stupid bullshit from a team being led by a petty, stupid manager. There was no reason at all for Mikolas to throw at Happ and that was a needless escalation that only got worse when he friggen missed him.

This is entirely on Mikolas, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 07-28-2023
Seems like Arenado and Flaherty could go back home. How’s that talent lA is willing to give up?

Nolan Arenado's days with the St. Louis Cardinals could be numbered ahead of the Aug. 1 trade deadline.

The Los Angeles Dodgers and Cardinals have engaged in trade talks centered around the superstar third baseman, sources told Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times.

St. Louis may also send right-hander Jack Flaherty or left-hander Jordan Montgomery to Los Angeles in the deal, according to Castillo.

The Cardinals are interested in young pitchers such as Bobby Miller, Gavin Stone, Ryan Pepiot, and Emmet Sheehan, sources told Castillo.

The potential blockbuster trade would reportedly likely include infielder Max Muncy or utilityman Chris Taylor, if not both, heading to St. Louis.

Arenado would only be willing to waive his no-trade clause to head home to California to play for the Dodgers, sources told Castillo.
Eh, that's not happening.

None of those Dodgers pitchers have performed at the big league level and they're all starting to get YankeeProspectStink to them. Every Yankee prospect for decades was some hot shit badass who did...nothing. Dodgers prospects are getting the same treatment. Pepiot is hurt, Stone's stuff doesn't look to be translating to big league hitters (similar to Pfaadt with Arizona), Sheehan is damn sure not a headliner in an Arenado deal. Miller is the only one who's looked like he MIGHT have some real staying power; he's been solid. But if you'd move Arenado, Philly would give up Abel for him in a heartbeat and that's a better prospect than Miller. And I don't believe for a second that Arenado's gonna ONLY accept a trade to LAD.

Give all FOUR of those guys and maybe 2 of them end up mid-rotation starters; Miller with an outside shot at being a 2. Nah, the Cardinals aren't going to take the PR massacre that would come of that sort of thing.

And they're damn sure not taking Muncy back (who's essentially a grown up Gorman) or Taylor (An older Edman).

That's just straight bullshit.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:19 AM 07-28-2023
Taylor Motter at short? I guess nothing really matters at this point.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 120
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Up