ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:45 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don't expect him to be perfect. But come on. We're talking 55% completion percentage, 1 TD games, passer ratings sub 80. He hasn't been good. We hold him to a higher standard than that. The drops need to stop but to not expect better from Mahomes is doing the guy a disservice. He can and should be better than what he's showing. End of story.
What would the completion percentage be without the drops? How many passes did they drop last night? 6? 7? 8? I lost count.

Fewer drops = higher completion percentage.

Do you understand that? Do you see how those variables are dependent upon each other?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:49 PM 12-06-2021
Drops are bad but not the full issue. Mahomes abandoning his uncanny Brock Osweiler impression would help tremendously.
Mahomes Wtf GIFfrom Mahomes GIFs

[Reply]
carcosa 01:49 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
We didn't give Alex Smith all these excuses. I'm not sure why Mahomes should get them.
Maybe because these "excuses" didn't apply?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:50 PM 12-06-2021
Did the "it's mahomes" crowd consider it could be Mahomes and other factors?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:50 PM 12-06-2021
Mahomes is now expected to perfectly pass the ball AND catch his passes as well apparently.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:51 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
What would the completion percentage be without the drops? How many passes did they drop last night? 6? 7? 8? I lost count.

Fewer drops = higher completion percentage.

Do you understand that? Do you see how those variables are dependent upon each other?
There's really no point in further engaging with a guy who called for Mahomes to be benched in favor of Matt Moore in 2019. He's stupid and he's always gonna be stupid.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:54 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Did the "it's mahomes" crowd consider it could be Mahomes and other factors?
It definitely is multiple factors but he has clearly not played up to his normal level this year. I am sure they know what the issue is but they aren't going to say it publicly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:54 PM 12-06-2021
It's pretty much across the board. Mahomes will play well, guys drop passes. Guys catch passes Mahomes struggles.
Legit.

When neither of those are issues, someone on the OL holds. When none of that is happening, a RB fumbles or something.

It's just a bunch of stupid shit going on all at once and sometimes at different times. It is fixable, but at this point in the season I feel like we just have to hope guys get truly focused in the playoffs.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:54 PM 12-06-2021
Stopped reading right after you said Mahomes isn't hurting the offense right now.

Anyone with that ridiculously blind of a take can't be taken seriously.
Clearly reading comprehension isn't a strong point for you, as previously stated you barely remember what you say and then change your comments to downplay how bad they were.

Your opinion is still yours.
[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 12-06-2021
Rewatching it on the broadcast, it's just little things. It's 10-3, in the 2nd quarter Chiefs have ball and 3rd and 10. OL blocks it up, Mahomes takes off and one of the OL ends up holding.

They had it blocked up fine. Stay in there, throw the football from the pocket.
[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 12-06-2021
The interception was a double clutch side arm throw high across the middle. You've gotta be more accurate there.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:07 PM 12-06-2021
The interception was a double clutch side arm throw high across the middle. You've gotta be more accurate there.
You hit the nail on the head earlier, or in another thread.

He wants to play TT ball and combined with receivers letting him down, penalties, etc - it's a fucking shitshow.

The playground shit is fun when it's absolutely necessary - but there have been SO many times when it hasn't been, and he slings it sidearm, or throws on the run instead of setting his feet - and it's impacting his accuracy.

Like Collinsworth said last night - he's adding a degree of difficulty on throws that isn't necessary.

Clean that up and we'll see improved results.

Clean that up AND get the WR's to hang on to well thrown balls?

See you in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

He wants to play TT ball and combined with receivers letting him down, penalties, etc - it's a ****ing shitshow.

The playground shit is fun when it's absolutely necessary - but there have been SO many times when it hasn't been, and he slings it sidearm, or throws on the run instead of setting his feet - and it's impacting his accuracy.

Like Collinsworth said last night - he's adding a degree of difficulty on throws that isn't necessary.

In the NFL, you have to stand in the pocket and throw the ball accurately and on time. If you can throw it sidearm, upside down, whatever. But you have to be accurate.

Details matter.

That's what's letting them down. They haven't been exactly detail oriented the last few years but they'd eventually hit a big play and it wouldn't matter.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:12 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

He wants to play TT ball and combined with receivers letting him down, penalties, etc - it's a fucking shitshow.

Exactly. 8-4 and have been so sloppy all season. Baltimore NE and Tennessee gave everything to get to that mark while the Chiefs have not come close to their best ball. Scary...
[Reply]
JakeF 02:15 PM 12-06-2021
I really don't understand Kelce dropping passes. I don't remember him ever having problems in the past. I wonder if Mahomes is throwing the ball harder than he was before. Patrick is concerned with interceptions, so he might be putting more velocity on his throws.

Andy never made Mahomes use good fundamentals when he first got here. Mahomes had so much success that Andy just let him go. Now we need those fundamentals.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up