ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 73
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:02 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Would've gladly fired Gruden on his own, I imagine. As far as NFL owners go, Al Davis was probably the most progressive of any of them.
Yeah.

He hired the first woman CEO in the NFL on top of hiring minorities as HCs -including the first black HC in NFL history.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:05 PM 10-13-2021
See this is what I'm talking about, here goes the KC Star trying to drag Andy Reid into this mess

Thats where all of this woke cancel shit always leads... everyone eventually gets eaten by their supposed own, Reid doesn't owe ANYONE a comment on this, least of all the shitass KC Star

They're a filthy trash rag, barely fit to line a catbox with

https://www.yahoo.com/news/too-bad-k...212614762.html
[Reply]
fan4ever 08:08 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yeah.

He hired the first woman CEO in the NFL on top of hiring minorities as HCs -including the first black HC in NFL history.
Art Shell was a win-win for Davis. Got credit for the hire and got to run the team. I used to marvel at never seeing Art speaking into his headset during a game.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:08 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
See this is what I'm talking about, here goes the KC Star trying to drag Andy Reid into this mess

Thats where all of this woke cancel shit always leads... everyone eventually gets eaten by their supposed own, Reid doesn't owe ANYONE a comment on this, least of all the shitass KC Star

You don't think Reid could have said some shit like this?

“I think what you’ll discover is that we have so much more in common than not” pic.twitter.com/nKfKazUQ4v

— Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) October 13, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:15 PM 10-13-2021

No I don't, he has no need to satisfy the screeching mobs desire for a statement in any way whatsoever... his feelings can remain his own, and if you don't like it get bent
[Reply]
KS Smitty 08:16 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

And the article states that they really didn't want a comment they wanted a "condemnation" of Gruden by Reid. What a load of horseshit. Good job cutting them off at the pass, let them bitch.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:20 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
EA replaces Gruden with “Roster Player”…

[Reply]
GoChargers 08:27 PM 10-13-2021

I love being lectured on "trust" and "respect" by a franchise owned by that scumbag Dean Spanos.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:29 PM 10-13-2021

Have you watched Andy's press conferences? He basically knows football and food. He's pretty awkward outside of those topics.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:39 PM 10-13-2021
No coach owes any comments on this shit. It's not their business.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:41 PM 10-13-2021
Gruden has a right to feel how he wants. Like it or not.
[Reply]
NEOM 08:47 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Gruden has a right to feel how he wants. Like it or not.
That might be true but you have to live with the consequences as well. And in this day and age you just cannot survive something like this..
[Reply]
cdcox 08:51 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by 64 Chief:
Never a big fan of Gruden's often condescending attitude when he speaks. However this politically correct mob rule is ruining lives and this nation. Few among us have never said, thought or written something others might find offensive. Limits to our freedoms here should only be narrowly and carefully
proscribed, such as "fire" in a crowded theater or "bomb" on an airplane.
This isn’t a government imposed limit on speech. Everyone is free to be a bigot, a misogynist, or homophobe, or any other flavor of jerk they chose to be. There are millions of them walking around free with no threats to their liberty. However, if you want to represent an organization or be thought well of in polite company or avoid being a bigot, you have to pay attention to feelings of other people. You cannot openly use language or practice attitudes that are known to be offensive for decades. Which is what Gruden did. Yes, this is a moving target, but so is language in general, technology, NFL defenses, and so many other thing that our daily lives depend on. As much as some would like to argue to the contrary, this isn’t a threat to our way of life or the foundations of our country.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:52 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
That might be true but you have to live with the consequences as well. And in this day and age you just cannot survive something like this..
I agree. In today's world and the media you must love everyone no matter what and if you don't then keep it to yourself.
[Reply]
backinblack 08:57 PM 10-13-2021
find it weird to go to bat for Jon freaking Gruden, someone who's been overrated as a coach since at least 2004. Was he stupid for putting that shit down in documented writing? Yes. Is it kind of dumb this is such a huge deal right now? Yes. Is it really that egregious that the guy was forced to quit being the mediocre coach of a mediocre team? No.

Who the fuck cares the guy lost his job? It's not like he was any good at it. Maybe if he was still at MNF in this current year and was forced to step down because of this I'd see it.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 73
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up