ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Question about some lab results
TLO 05:08 PM 09-26-2020
www.chiefsplanet.com is where I head to get all of my medical questions answered! (Seriously though I know we have some people here knowledgeable about this stuff)

Went in to do my yearly drug screening due to me taking a benzodiazepine on a regular basis about a week ago. Got the results a day later along with a call from my doctor saying that my test came back negative for benzos. They asked me if I had been taking the medication as prescribed, which I have. They said no big deal, we'll just redo the test.

Did the sample again yesterday, and again it was negative. The doctors office isn't open today so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anyone know why I'd be coming up negative on the screening? Klonipon is the drug, if that helps any.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:13 PM 09-26-2020
It sounds to me like you have a low-value superpower of repelling benzodiazepine. Did you get bitten by a radioactive pharmacist recently?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:17 PM 09-26-2020
Clonazepam should take 1-2 weeks to clear your system. If you're taking it daily, it should show up. That's really weird.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:24 PM 09-26-2020
Do you know what type of testing was used? Just the cup with a line or put in a machine? Maybe something is wrong with the tests or the tech isn't seeing the positive line.
[Reply]
TLO 05:26 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Do you know what type of testing was used? Just the cup with a line or put in a machine? Maybe something is wrong with the tests or the tech isn't seeing the positive line.
DRUG MONITOR, PANEL 1, W/CONF, W/DL, URINE
(Through Quest)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09-26-2020, 05:32 PM
This message has been deleted by htismaqe. Reason: Goops
cooper barrett 05:33 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Clonazepam should take 1-2 weeks to clear your system. If you're taking it daily, it should show up. That's really weird.
Typical detection windows for benzodiazepines in the urine are 2 to 7 days
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:35 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Typical detection windows for benzodiazepines in the urine are 2 to 7 days
Clonazepam has a longer half-life than some of the others. Detection for clonazepam is closer to 7-14 days.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:36 PM 09-26-2020
https://delphihealthgroup.com/benzod...testing-guide/

Originally Posted by :
Klonopin (clonazepam) is prescribed for anxiety disorders and acute epilepsy. According to Mental Health Daily, the medication is estimated to have a 30- to 40-hour half-life, which means it can stay in a person’s system for 6.88 to 9.17 days after the last dose. When metabolized within the liver, a metabolite called “7-amino-clonazepam” is formed and its half-life is said to be either shorter than that of Klonopin or about the same. In all, it is believed the body can clear Klonopin within 14 days, or two weeks after one stops taking it.

Mental Health Daily reports that although Klonopin testing is uncommon, certain people are more likely to be tested for the drug. Among them are people whose jobs require mental alertness and sobriety. This group includes pilots, military troops, top-level athletes, criminals, and people in active addiction. People suspected of prescription drug abuse, particularly those in treatment for a substance abuse issue, may be tested for the drug.

Klonopin drug tests include those that check the urine, hair, and saliva. The urine test will check for the 7-amino-clonazepam metabolite, which can remain detectable in the urine for up to five days. The hair test, which provides the longest window of detection, can detect the 7-amino-clonazepam metabolite for up to four months after Klonopin was last ingested. The saliva test can detect the same metabolite as well as clonazepam between five and six days after the drug was last taken. A blood test for Klonopin provides the shortest window of detection despite the fact that it will be able to easily detect it only one to two hours after ingestion, Mental Health Daily writes. Klonopin’s long half-life makes also makes it detectable days after it’s taken. Still, the blood test is seen by some as more invasive than urine testing.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:43 PM 09-26-2020
I'd check with the pharmacy you bought the prescription from. Maybe they have a bad lot.
[Reply]
prhom 06:24 PM 09-26-2020
Your pharmacist is stealing the real ones to sell on the street or use themselves and giving you placebos instead. Mystery solved!
[Reply]
Kman34 07:29 PM 09-26-2020
Congratulations... You're pregnant..
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:43 PM 09-26-2020
Will doing an 8-ball of coke tonight show up on a drug screen Monday morning?

Asking for a friend.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:45 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Will doing an 8-ball of coke tonight show up on a drug screen Monday morning?

Asking for a friend.
As long as the urine sample belongs to someone else, you should be fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:50 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Congratulations... You're pregnant..

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:56 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by prhom:
Your pharmacist is stealing the real ones to sell on the street or use themselves and giving you placebos instead. Mystery solved!
Or maybe the doctor will just think he is selling them instead.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up