ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 295
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DRM08 01:15 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
186 rushing vs the Chargers
200 Rushing vs the Eagles.

Hard to argue with that sort of production.

If Mahomes continues to improve his small ball game, and the Chiefs can continue to run like that, NFL defenses will finally be forced to change how they play us.

Add in a big-body receiver like Gordon to make our small-ball game even more potent....
I am really hoping Gordon can help open things up for Mahomes & Kelce/Tyreek. It would allow Mahomes to not try to force the ball in bad situations on 3rd down. The horrible defense is putting a lot of pressure on KC to score a TD on every drive. Maybe Gordon can reduce this pressure by giving Mahomes a good 3rd option and taking away some of the double-team coverage on Kelce/Tyreek.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:16 PM 10-04-2021
Clyde will score at least 9-10 TDs this season. Just looking at the schedule, and assuming that the OL stays healthy, he'll probably score 3-4 over the next four weeks. Then maybe 2 over the next 4 weeks after that, and 3-4 over the last 5. And that's if the OL doesn't get any better in run-blocking and executing screens.

But as the OL gets better in both areas, CEH will likely see a significant increase in scoring production. It's not hard to project him scoring 10 TDs this season, so long as the OL stays healthy and continues to improve overall.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 10-04-2021
If he got that much work he'd get injured.

And he'd probably give way to Williams and go-to-go situations.
Silliness.

In 181 carries in 2020 CEH had one fewer rushing TD than Damien did in 2019 on 111 carries.

CEH simply isn't as effective at scoring the round brown pigskin.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:19 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Silliness.

In 181 carries in 2020 CEH had one fewer rushing TD than Damien did in 2019 on 111 carries.

CEH simply isn't as effective at scoring the round brown pigskin.
Do we count the inside screen yesterday as a "rushing" TD for Clyde? I know we like it as a passing TD for Pat, but that was essentially a goal line plunge for Clyde.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:22 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Do we count the inside screen yesterday as a "rushing" TD for Clyde? I know we like it as a passing TD for Pat, but that was essentially a goal line plunge for Clyde.
With perfect blocking, the defense thinking it was a pass, and Clyde having to get zero leg drive to get in. No.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:24 PM 10-04-2021
Derrius Guice, a former mentor of Clyde and Darrel Williams at LSU, will be able to return to the NFL after week six. His off field issues are now behind him and he's a former second round pick who is still 24, hasn't got many miles in his wheels and ran a 4:40 at the combine. Imo we'd be crazy not to put him on our practice squad and let him work his way onto the roster. The Browns didn't care about Hunt's video, Tampa didn't care about AB's various off field issues and teams are currently trying to trade for Watson. Imo Guice would be the most talented back in our RB room if Veach has the guts to pull the trigger. He's a home run guy which we simply don't have right now.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:28 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Derrius Guice, a former mentor of Clyde and Darrel Williams at LSU, will be able to return to the NFL after week six. His off field issues are now behind him and he's a former second round pick who is still 24, hasn't got many miles in his wheels and ran a 4:40 at the combine. Imo we'd be crazy not to put him on our practice squad and let him work his way onto the roster. The Browns didn't care about Hunt's video, Tampa didn't care about AB's various off field issues and teams are currently trying to trade for Watson. Imo Guice would be the most talented back in our RB room if Veach has the guts to pull the trigger. He's a home run guy which we simply don't have right now.
I'd absolutely give him a shot. Of course, I absolutely would have kept Kareem as well.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:28 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If we can continue to run the ball this offense will be unstoppable like we have never seen. The only thing limiting the points is turnovers (which should go back to their normal low rate) and limited possessions.

The offensive efficiency cannot be overstated, they are killing it with limited opportunity.

I just looked it up and I was off previously, typically teams see 12 possessions a game on average, we are lucky to see 8 with our defense.
To build on this: we're #1 in points per drive at 3.56. No other team is currently above 3 points per drive. The only teams to maintain 3+ points per drive for an entire regular season: '13 Broncos, the '98 Vikings, the '11 Packers, the '10 Patriots, the '11 Saints, and the '07 Patriots. We truly are killing it with limited opportunities so far this season, even with a higher turnover rate than we're accustomed to.

Red zone TD % has shot up to 80% from 61% last season.

We're also #1 in 3rd down conversion % at 64% which is insanely good. Next best team is the Chargers at 54%.

(I stole all of these stats from cthepo, who did the legwork, on the Chiefs subreddit)
[Reply]
DRM08 01:29 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I’m in favor of adding as much talent to the team as possible. One way to offset the shitty defense would be to strengthen the offense to the point it has zero weaknesses. Put about 50 or even 60 points on the board every week. Challenge the rest of the league to match it, even against a very weak KC defense.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:30 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Except we’ve been running as much as we have this year, and Mahomes is still torching teams on a weekly basis.

We hardly resemble the Baltimore Ravens on offense.
Nothing to worry about until you start playing elite offenses like Buffalo. Can't fall into the trap of running to much against those types of squads. I'm not even sure our defense CAN let up less than 31 against Buffalo.

Going to be a shoot out.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:33 PM 10-04-2021
While Guice would be an excellent addition, i don't know that Clark would sign off on a guy who was suspended for choking out his GF. After the Kareem Hunt thing and the Tyreek thing, idk.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:36 PM 10-04-2021
While Guice would be an excellent addition, i don't know that Clark would sign off on a guy who was suspended for choking out his GF. After the Kareem Hunt thing and the Tyreek thing, idk.
Both guys are still incredibly talented players in the League. If you could get a guy like that for "free", why wouldn't you?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Clyde will score at least 9-10 TDs this season. Just looking at the schedule, and assuming that the OL stays healthy, he'll probably score 3-4 over the next four weeks. Then maybe 2 over the next 4 weeks after that, and 3-4 over the last 5. And that's if the OL doesn't get any better in run-blocking and executing screens.

But as the OL gets better in both areas, CEH will likely see a significant increase in scoring production. It's not hard to project him scoring 10 TDs this season, so long as the OL stays healthy and continues to improve overall.
I'm not certain he will - at least not on the ground.

Williams is absolutely the power back and probably will be for the foreseeable future.

Again - the reason is pretty obvious. You rotate your RBs out to keep them a little fresher and minimize the risk of injury. And short yardage plays are always where there's the least room, the most bodies and the greatest risk for some kind of bad roll in a pile.

So let's assume for the sake of argument that Williams is exactly as good in short yardage situations as CEH is - he's NOT faster and he's not better in space. So if you're going to replace Clyde with Williams, you'd do it in a situation where you're not giving those traits up. That's short-yardage.

And that's before you consider that Williams, because of his build, may just be a better extremely short yardage back than Clyde.

Unless you decide to commit to a single back as a 3-down bellcow (and I think we can see at this point why that's not a great idea in the modern NFL), there's just no reason not to send Williams out there for those short yardage situations. Clyde needs a breather at some point, it takes hits off him in a situations where he's going to get hit, and Williams may even be better at it than CEH is.

Unless Reid cares about stat-padding (and he doesn't), then it makes more sense for Williams to get those carries anyway.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:38 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Both guys are still incredibly talented players in the League. If you could get a guy like that for "free", why wouldn't you?
Oh for sure. I'd welcome Guice here. But the guy has a lengthy track record of domestic abuse. Hell, he was accused of raping two chicks at LSU, as well as domestic abuse. And then there he goes again abusing some more once he got into the league.

He might be TOO toxic for the Chiefs. IDK, we'll see.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:39 PM 10-04-2021
I feel like Tyreek is still on the team because the Chiefs deep down know they jumped the gun on releasing Kareem. Maybe they dont want that added baggage but it was night and day how those 2 situations were handled and the accusations against Tyreek were far worse than what Kareem did.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10-04-2021, 01:41 PM
This message has been deleted by ModSocks.
Page 208 of 295
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258 > Last »
Up