ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 295
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimeForWasp 01:49 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
so wonder what now comes of Darwin T. / Darrel W. and Washington??
maybe get traded tomorrow.
[Reply]
eDave 01:53 AM 04-24-2020
Adds context to Pat's tweet before the pic came in:

�������� pic.twitter.com/9ZnxzAaZ4z

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:55 AM 04-24-2020
The more I read about this dude the more I think this is the absolute best turnout for us in the first round. GREATNESS.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:22 AM 04-24-2020
Waking up to this pick was amazing

Somehow this offense is gonna be more insane

Fuck i cant wait until September
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:29 AM 04-24-2020
I can't consume enough footage of this dude. He will be loading the equipment guys with bags of ankles after every game.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:52 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Bienemy does not mess around.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:59 AM 04-24-2020
Well, this was an inspiring read....

From The Athletic's LSU beat writer (REMINDER: SUBSCRIBE FOR GREAT CONTENT):

By Brody Miller
LSU named Clyde Edwards-Helaire the team MVP. Think about that.

On a team with the Heisman Trophy winner, the Biletnikoff Award winner and the Thorpe Award winner — a team with six All-Americans — it was the 5-foot-8 running back, the three-star prospect in 2017 who many thought wouldn’t keep the starting job, who the national champions considered their most valuable player.

Because while Joe Burrow shattered records and Ja’Marr Chase dominated one top corner after another, Edwards-Helaire became the rock that made this whole thing work.

When the offense stalled against Auburn trailing 13-10, it was because of Edwards-Helaire that coordinators Steve Ensminger and Joe Brady said, “Let’s pound them this drive. We’re just going to run the ball and see if they can stop it.” He ran it four consecutive times for 22 yards, then 12, then 6, then 5 on the way to the end zone.

Or when LSU had Alabama on its tail in Tuscaloosa as it gave away a huge lead, it was Edwards-Helaire who stretched his hands for that third-and-10 pass, made several defenders miss and made the most important first down of the night. It was Edwards-Helaire who spun out of Crimson Tide tackles and scored four touchdowns with 180 yards. He had nine catches that night.

It was Edwards-Helaire who dragged four defenders for seven yards to gain that game-clinching first down for one of the biggest LSU wins in decades. That was the night Burrow became the clear Heisman frontrunner, but many in that stadium remember Edwards-Helaire as the man who pushed LSU past Alabama.

That underrated, 5-foot-8 running back was selected by the Chiefs in the first round with the 32nd pick of the NFL Draft on Thursday, finalizing the leap that so few foresaw when the 2019 season started.

No, most people seemed sure Edwards-Helaire would lose the starting job by midseason. Most people doubted he was a “premier back.” They thought he was small and that he didn’t have much upside. But people around LSU kept confidently saying, “Clyde is our running back.” Their confidence was surprising.

Then, he went out and rushed for 1,414 yards and 16 touchdowns while catching 55 passes for 453 yards. He became a top NFL Draft prospect.

That’s why, after LSU took down Alabama, an emotional Edwards-Helaire had his moment.

“It proves I’m an every-down back,” he said. “I’m an SEC back. You know I had that doubt coming in to LSU. ‘He’s not big enough, he’s not gonna be fast enough,’ but you know, everybody can measure the things they see but they can’t measure your heart, and that’s what I live by.”

Yes, it’s true Edwards-Helaire is only 5-foot-8, but he’s also 209 pounds and can squat 600. He ran a 4.60-second 40-yard dash at the combine, but experts say his overall testing numbers are off the charts.

Butkus Award-winning linebacker Devin White once said Edwards-Helaire was so hard to tackle because defenders lose sight of him behind the larger bodies. Once a defender actually finds him, White said, two things can happen. One, he can lower his shoulder and run through you, as you’re not ready for him, or two, he hits you with his spin move that defenders from Alabama to Texas have fallen victim to. Edwards-Helaire led the SEC in broken tackle percentage, according to Sports Info Solutions.

“I always felt like that was a part of my game that I’ve never really had to worry about, the first guy, because I’m usually making him miss,” he said in September.

Edwards-Helaire doesn’t look like the prototypical running back. He’s not big. He’s not somebody who is gonna hit a hole and take off for 50 yards. But Edwards-Helaire is the modern back, a guy who can rush for 6.5 yards per carry, catch 55 passes and block well. He’s complete.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:21 AM 04-24-2020
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:27 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
It's the 32nd ****ing pick. Ranting about this pick on principle like we were drafting a RB in the top 10 is absurd.
I like the pick. Swift or this guys. Im not going to complain. The OSU rb was a bad fit and the Wisconsin RB wasn't the best fit. The issue is if you go for this guy you can STILL get him 20 picks later with 90% certainty. By not trading down or picking him later the rest of the league has exploiting you in value.

He very well may be the best thing to happen to our offense since Mahomes but its still foolish value when you could have got him later for no problem.

Its like if your favorite steak is 25 dollara, but nobody else likes it and you still offer to pay the restaurant 50 dollara anyway.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:29 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like the pick. Swift or this guys. Im not going to complain. The OSU rb was a bad fit and the Wisconsin RB wasn't the best fit. The issue is if you go for this guy you can STILL get him 20 picks later with 90% certainty. By not trading down or picking him later the rest of the league has exploiting you in value.

He very well may be the best thing to happen to our offense since Mahomes but its still foolish value when you could have got him later for no problem.

Its like if your favorite steak is 25 dollara, but nobody else likes it and you still offer to pay the restaurant 50 dollara anyway.
ROAST IN PISS!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:33 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Wow, that's a really good point. I'm sure Veach never thought about it in terms of restaurant-quality steak.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:45 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
ROAST IN PISS!
That's a new one.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:47 AM 04-24-2020
Congrats Detox, you got your man.

The only thing I'm going to say here in this thread, because it's about him, is that he fits the offense perfectly. He's a prototype for a Reid back and he's going to definitely help Pat and that group tremendously. All my other thoughts don't' much matter at this point.

Oh and PS to a few people... Veach didn't draft Mahomes, just sayin'.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 03:51 AM 04-24-2020
Love this pick. Going RB at 32 was definitely the exciting option.

We sure up the line and this offence will once again be on a whole other level.

Keen to see how the rest of the draft pans out
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:00 AM 04-24-2020
BWillie is that guy who you know could be smart, he's got a good brain, but there's a switch somewhere up there that's just permanently stuck on stupid.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 295
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up