ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 295
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:16 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
As DJ pointed out though, McKinnon could do that and gain alot more yards. He could probably house a couple as well.
I've been a big Clyde defender, but i have always liked McKinnons game. I thought that at least a few times last week.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:25 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I've been a big Clyde defender, but i have always liked McKinnons game. I thought that at least a few times last week.
I would have like to see him get some touches, I think he could be damn productive in this offense
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:33 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Not really. Last years version of Bell would have done the same if not more with those.
Please read your own post before pressing ENTER
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:04 PM 09-15-2021
In watching the game again, I thought CEH had a pretty decent 2nd half, and I think some of those runs did bring the safeties up several steps.

Overall….probably just OK, and not what you want from a 1st round pick, but it’s opening day, so willing to get deeper into the season before getting too critical.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:07 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Yeah I thought he would get some touches especially in the passing game out of the backfield. I don't remember him playing much but could be wrong.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:10 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah I thought he would get some touches especially in the passing game out of the backfield. I don't remember him playing much but could be wrong.
I remember seeing him once for sure when he motioned out wide. Theyre probably trying to establish Clyde and get his confidence and continuity in the offense. But man some of that first half was brutal. He did look a little better in the second.
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 09-15-2021
Can someone explain to me the problem with throwing the ball to HIll and Kelce as much as they do?

I mean, obviously, it works.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:59 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can someone explain to me the problem with throwing the ball to HIll and Kelce as much as they do?

It's more about the fear that the good defenses could double them both and force Mahomes to throw to himself, since no one else can win 1v1 consistently.

And honestly, the only team that i could see actually pulling that off is the Patriots.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:59 PM 09-15-2021

I dont think its a problem, i think most bitches are that CEH is not optimizing his opportunities.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:01 PM 09-15-2021
CEH is skating on thin ice.

staylor is now his biggest supporter.
He’s doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:23 PM 09-15-2021

It would be nice to have a third option already operating smoothly before Hill or Kelce happened to miss some time.

And the smoother and quicker the offense works, it probably means fewer hits on Mahomes.
[Reply]
-King- 02:24 PM 09-15-2021

I mean, players break down with use. You want them to be able to catch their breath or be able to run some plays at 75-80% without the offense having trouble. Right now they basically have to be in every play and run basically every play full out because there's no one that can reliably help them get breaks. Also if any of them have to miss time, we need a player who can step in and have Pat be able to count on them. It's hard to do that if they have no chemistry with Pat.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:33 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean, players break down with use. You want them to be able to catch their breath or be able to run some plays at 75-80% without the offense having trouble. Right now they basically have to be in every play and run basically every play full out because there's no one that can reliably help them get breaks. Also if any of them have to miss time, we need a player who can step in and have Pat be able to count on them. It's hard to do that if they have no chemistry with Pat.
The obvious issue, though, is that Pat isn't going to simply take a sack if Hill or Kelce is open and nobody else is. The tangential issue is that Hill and Kelce are always open, due to how good they are and scheme.
[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok, just so we're on the same page though, if one of the first ballot HOF'ers get hurt, our offense will get worse.

They've got Mahomes and Andy. They can figure it out if one of them go down.

But I don't understand why we want to throw it elsewhere when those two always seem to be open. It's been that way for 3 years now. Are defenses gonna figure this out?

It's almost like players of that caliber, with a coach of Andy's caliber manipulating the defense and a QB liek Mahomes throwing them the ball are gonna just get open and it doesn't matter what anyone does.
[Reply]
O.city 02:44 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's more about the fear that the good defenses could double them both and force Mahomes to throw to himself, since no one else can win 1v1 consistently.

And honestly, the only team that i could see actually pulling that off is the Patriots.
Maybe.

But we've seen them go against the best defenses in the league and do what they do.

I don't really think it's something ot worry about.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 295
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218268 > Last »
Up