ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 435
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It’s telling that the sunshine pumpers are saying 2 diff things:

1. Just wait till he has a monster 3-sack game so we can bump this!
2. He doesn’t have to have monster games to make a diff.
I mean, I get it. He was billed as this DPOY kinda guy and we want that to be true.

But for fucks sake, it's ok to say "yeah, he's not being the difference maker yet".
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:43 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Teams gameplan to take away Khalil Mack. He still dominates. That's what Clark needs to be to make the contract work.

Is that right?

So far this season, Khalil Mack has 6 solo/combined tackles and one sack in two games.

Frank Clark has 6 solo/combined tackles, no sacks, and one interception.

So by your own measuring stick, Frank Clark is doing fine.
[Reply]
oldman 07:43 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's a lot more to playing defensive end than sack stats. He does all of it well, and the sacks will come. Right now, the first two weeks opposing offenses have game-planned to keep him off their QB. Jax kept a chipper in and got the ball out quick. Oakland played a lot of two TE sets.

That's fine, it means Jones and Okafor/Ogbah/Kpass get opportunities.

He's been excellent against the run, snuffed out screens, and is still pushing the pocket. The numbers will come.

Ford, on the other hand, either beat the LT at the snap or did nothing. He was subpar against the run, and had no real instincts as far as the complete game. He's not a physical player, he relied on speed and beat you at the snap or got stonewalled.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you except that you clearly don't know as much about football as you think you do.
I'm with you, Chris. He's more of a complete player than Ford. I just think we haven't seen all the things he brings to the table yet. It's not all about sacks, which I think he'll get as the season progresses. This is a new D that will take some time to gel.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:45 AM 09-16-2019
Clark is a huge upgrade over Ford. The Sacks will come. He make this defense much better IMO
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:01 AM 09-16-2019
I mean, I get it. He was billed as this DPOY kinda guy and we want that to be true.

But for ****s sake, it's ok to say "yeah, he's not being the difference maker yet".
PB isn’t factoring in things like Clark’s contribution to improved run D, or 3rd down stops, or his INT.

He’s a sack stat guy.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:03 AM 09-16-2019
Meh. KC's old defensive leaders were not ideal. Berry barely played and Houston took plays off.

Taking plays off is infectious when your leader does it.

Clark is a hustle guy. He plays hard every snap. That's ALSO infectious. I'll give him a whole season before I declare him to '****ing suck', but I see more hustle this year which is really good.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
PB isn’t factoring in things like Clark’s contribution to improved run D, or 3rd down stops, or his INT.

He’s a sack stat guy.
I understand all that stuff.

But again, for what he's getting paid, you need it all. You need that stuff plus the sacks for the value on the contract to work out.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 09-16-2019

But again, for what he's getting paid, you need it all. You need that stuff plus the sacks for the value on the contract to work out.
2 games in under a new defense...chill a bit. If we continue to allow oy 18 points per game average all season then I dont care if he never get a sack.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:08 AM 09-16-2019

How many sacks does he have to get to meet your quota?

10? 13? 17?

Guys often get sacks in bunches, not on some 1 or 2 per game consistent basis. Except, apparently, Chris Jones. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after TWO games.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
How many sacks does he have to get to meet your quota?

10? 13? 17?

Guys often get sacks in bunches, not on some 1 or 2 per game consistent basis. Except, apparently, Chris Jones. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after TWO games.
I actually don't have a sack number to be honest, i'm more of a pressures and just disruption kinda guy and the sacks will come.

But yea, he needs to be a 12 sack guy I guess if I put a number on it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:17 AM 09-16-2019
Okay, so none of you 'Clark sucks' guys want to comment on my direct Mack/Clark stat comparison through the two games so far?
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 09-16-2019
I saw Mack come in last year to a new system or whatever and wreck shit.

I'll give him a bit of a break because I've seen him be a badass after moving like that.

I haven't seen Clark do that.
[Reply]
Toad 08:29 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Okay, so none of you 'Clark sucks' guys want to comment on my direct Mack/Clark stat comparison through the two games so far?
I think you’re spot on point.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:39 AM 09-16-2019
I'll say this - he had a couple nice sticks yesterday - but he also looked gassed out there, some.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 AM 09-16-2019
I saw Mack come in last year to a new system or whatever and wreck shit.

I'll give him a bit of a break because I've seen him be a badass after moving like that.

I haven't seen Clark do that.
Mack wrecked a hurting Packers OL and made a backup QB who isn't even in GB anymore look horrible bc he held the ball forever. That’s amazing isn’t it?

Mack got paid all that money and didn’t do anything that game when Rodgers came back.

Rodgers took a giant shit on their expensive diety and led a comeback win on one leg.

Context matters
[Reply]
Page 8 of 435
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up