ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1006 of 1203
« First < 650690695699610021003100410051006 1007100810091010101610561106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Sorry 02:39 PM 05-16-2020
Anyone know a great scallop potato recipe?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:02 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...au-gratin.html
This is basically the base for mine.

The differences are that I crisp 6 strips of bacon and chop them up, so I can sprinkle some for each layer. Also I thinly slice a medium size onion (I like sweet yellows, but whatever you like; whites work well also) and scatter them between every other layer. Also lightly brown some minced garlic (about 6-8 cloves) in butter and whisk into the cream along with some shredded cheese (cheddar is the obvious choice, but you can substitute half the cheddar with with provolone, or mozzarella or something else. Tottal amount of cheese is about 1.5 cups).

Prep as per instructions.

For the top, I like to shake on some french-fried onions, then grate some Parmesan or Romano (or both) over the top of the last layer of potatoes/cream. Any remaining bacon goes on here as well.

Cook as per instructions.

Minor error: The bolded above should actually be cheddar or whatever your base cheese is.

For extra crispy top, sprinkle a healthy amount of panko bread crumbs over the top.

Mix a cup of panko with 2 tablespoons melted butter or extra virgin olive oil. Spread as much as you prefer over the top then bake as instructed.

I use the EVOO instead of butter, because the dish is already plenty rich enough.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:15 PM 05-16-2020
Super simple spring fare tonight

Fried flounder
Scratch tater salad
Side salad with cheddar, tomato, ranch
Plenty of sriracha on the fish, can’t hardly eat fish without it anymore
[Reply]
srvy 04:22 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Super simple spring fare tonight

Fried flounder
Scratch tater salad
Side salad with cheddar, tomato, ranch
Plenty of sriracha on the fish, can’t hardly eat fish without it anymore
Sounds good to me.

I burned myself out on sriracha though. Lemon, pepper, Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic on any fish. Then bake grill or even microwave if lazy and I am satisfied and happy

[Reply]
scho63 04:53 PM 05-16-2020
This is so underrated and fantastic when done right. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:03 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sounds good to me.

I burned myself out on sriracha though. Lemon, pepper, Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic on any fish. Then bake grill or even microwave if lazy and I am satisfied and happy

Haven’t picked that up for a while, but you’re right it’s good stuff... much better than cheaper guys like Tony Chacheres IMO
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:36 PM 05-16-2020
\
TY

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It was the Golden Corral forever, across from Food Barn/Hardees.

[Reply]
Sorry 08:24 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...au-gratin.html
This is basically the base for mine.

The differences are that I crisp 6 strips of bacon and chop them up, so I can sprinkle some for each layer. Also I thinly slice a medium size onion (I like sweet yellows, but whatever you like; whites work well also) and scatter them between every other layer. Also lightly brown some minced garlic (about 6-8 cloves) in butter and whisk into the cream along with some shredded cheese (cheddar is the obvious choice, but you can substitute half the cheddar with with provolone, or mozzarella or something else. Tottal amount of cheese is about 1.5 cups).

Prep as per instructions.

For the top, I like to shake on some french-fried onions, then grate some Parmesan or Romano (or both) over the top of the last layer of potatoes/cream. Any remaining bacon goes on here as well.

Cook as per instructions.

Minor error: The bolded above should actually be cheddar or whatever your base cheese is.
this sounds awesome, thank you!
[Reply]
SuperChief 10:00 PM 05-16-2020
Made steak in the cast iron tonight. Strips, seasoned with S&P and basted with butter and garlic cloves mixture. Super tasty, but I gorged and have some regrets lol.

Made these bomb ass potatoes too:
3 lbs yukon gold potatoes (small ones - about 1.5 - 2 inches in diameter)
1 whole head of garlic, separated into cloves, skin on
3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 bay leaves
Shredded cheddar cheese
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Foil (enough to cover a sheet tray)

Wash potatoes
Fill large pot with enough cold water to cover potatoes plus 1 inch
Generously season with salt
Bring to boil
Reduce to simmer over MEDIUM heat and simmer for about 30 minutes (or just until fork tender -do not overcook)
Strain
In a separate bowl, add garlic, thyme, and bay leaves and ¼ cup olive oil and stir
Cover sheet tray with foil, drizzle with plenty of olive oil, and generously sprinkle kosher salt
Add potatoes to tray and smash down slightly, creating a flat surface on both sides of the potato
Pour over garlic/thyme/bay leaf/olive oil mixture evenly
Drizzle with olive oil again and generously season with more kosher salt
Place in oven at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and brown
Remove and serve with shredded cheddar cheese
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:25 AM 05-17-2020
Leftover Baby back ribs and smoked wings. Growler of Rye ale
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:03 AM 05-17-2020
Wanted something different BBQ-wise so I made a sweet and sour glaze for back ribs by reducing a bottle of pineapple Jarritos (domed a second one in 2 gulps) and adding pineapple preserves to a basic sauce recipe. Very nice sweet and sour play. Going to use the leftover on chicken later in the week. Wife made potato salad. Side of beans.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:24 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Wanted something different BBQ-wise so I made a sweet and sour glaze for back ribs by reducing a bottle of pineapple Jarritos (domed a second one in 2 gulps) and adding pineapple preserves to a basic sauce recipe. Very nice sweet and sour play. Going to use the leftover on chicken later in the week. Wife made potato salad. Side of beans.

Very nice.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:11 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Looks good man.

Big green egg?

You smoke the beans? I’m a total sucker for smoked beans.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:24 PM 05-17-2020
this sounds awesome, thank you!
For extra crispiness, sprinkle a healthy amount of panko bread crumbs over the top.

Mix a cup of panko with 2 tablespoons melted butter or extra virgin olive oil. Spread as much as you prefer over the top then bake as instructed.

I use the EVOO instead of butter, because the dish is already plenty rich enough.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:08 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Looks good man.

Big green egg?

You smoke the beans? I’m a total sucker for smoked beans.
Yessir on the egg. 4.5 hours @ 250F, no foil. Glaze and rise to 300F for the final 30 minutes.

Beans were an afterthought after it was discovered our cabbage had gone bad for planned slaw. Baked in oven with mustard, brown sugar, cayenne, and some rib drippings. Weren't bad but have made better.
[Reply]
Page 1006 of 1203
« First < 650690695699610021003100410051006 1007100810091010101610561106 > Last »
Up