ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 781 of 781
« First < 281681731771777778779780781
The Meltdown Lounge>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 AM 10-20-2021
Starting to come into resistance that was set in early September on the SPY. We definitely formed a head and shoulders bottom but for the moment we could see a touch of selling. Volatility still continues to come out and the strength of the down trend is about gone. If we run into a top here or in the next few days I would look to buy into any dip with a stop loss below $425 on the SPY.

With all the inflation shit going on we may not extend a new leg of the bull run but could get in a trading range between $425 - $455.

The next positive sign for a new leg up would be the 20 day SMA pulling above the 50 day SMA.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 AM 10-20-2021
Another very positive sign is the NYSE A\D Line is breaking out above its previous range. That is a very healthy sign of buying across the board and not just in a few select names or sectors.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:05 PM 10-20-2021
Both indexes with very straight up gains recently and extended again from the 50 day MA. You notice many times these indexes get extended and the pullback to touch or come close to the 50 day MA (blue line).




[Reply]
Holladay 07:46 AM 10-22-2021
Who got in on DWAC?

I plopped down $5k yesterday at $23.01. That is 250s.
[Reply]
scho63 07:54 AM 10-22-2021
All my golf buddies back in New Jersey all got in. They called me yesterday morning at $14 and never got message until end of day since I was working.

Kicking myself
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:25 AM 10-22-2021
TSLA is back over $900. Is everyone selling out again or did you sell out earlier?

I'm a buy and hold guy so I'm sticking with it.
[Reply]
-King- 11:51 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
TSLA is back over $900. Is everyone selling out again or did you sell out earlier?

I'm a buy and hold guy so I'm sticking with it.
You're doing it wrong. Its time to sell and put all the money on AMC. Last chance before the SQUEEZE!
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:08 PM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
You're doing it wrong. Its time to sell and put all the money on AMC. Last chance before the SQUEEZE!
I've already got 95 percent of my savings in AMC. I use the other 5 percent for risky stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:17 PM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've already got 95 percent of my savings in AMC. I use the other 5 percent for risky stuff.
:-)
[Reply]
Otter 01:25 PM 10-22-2021
Made a modest investment in NYSE: TLK and it's climbing slow but steady.

That's all I got outside the usual.
[Reply]
Taco John 01:49 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Can you explain a little?
Yes. XRP is essentially the global bridge currency of the world. It's not like the other cryptos. People hate on it, but they don't know what they're talking about. Most people have no real vision for how the financial system works, and even worse vision where understanding the Powers That Be, pulling the levers.

There is nothing like XRP or the XRPL. Period. End of story. It doesn't exist out there - there's no competitor for it. It is a next level technology with no peer. A lot of people will take offense to that statement. But show me another ledger that can digitize value for almost nothing, transact it universally - anything for anything - for almost nothing. The utility of it is gamechanging in a way that will be civilization changing.

You'll hear a lot of people call it "bankers coin." This is like calling the Internet "military research net" and not understanding the underlying value of the technology. It truly is the Internet of Money.

This gif is the best representation I've seen for what it does on it's simplest level:


It turns any currency into any currency, instantly, virtually for free. No other cryptocurrency has this utility. They all want to be forms of money. XRP doesn't want to BE money. It wants to be the rails that money runs on.

We are about to enter an era where every asset of value is tokenized. Houses. Cars. Buildings. Restaurants. Grocery stores. There will be all types of tokens with varying values. In order for an economy like this to function, it needs a protocol layer that will enable an economy that allows people to exchange value for value regardless of what it is. So imagine, you own 100 shares in John Lennon's "Imagine." It's making you a good revenue, but you see that Snoop Dogg is coming out with a new album that you think is going to be fire and make you greater gains over the short term - which you need because Christmas is coming. Rather than exchanging your John Lennon for Bitcoin or Ethereum or ADA or whatever - all which have much more friction (meaning they're more expensive in fees and slower on the transaction time), you will be able to exchange it directly with Snoop's label - with each of you getting what you want out of the exchange instantly - without needing to find buyers and sellers. It will all be liquid on the XRP ledger.

This world is not very far off. My best advice to anyone is to buy as little as $100 XRP on Uphold and hold it for 5 years. You might not be on the moon, but it will be a nice chunk of money that will be of benefit. This is an amount that almost anyone can invest and forget.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:33 AM Yesterday
I have initiated or added to long positions in AAPL LCID UWMC SMG CGC in the past few months.
[Reply]
myselff77 09:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by Taco John:
This world is not very far off. My best advice to anyone is to buy as little as $100 XRP on Uphold and hold it for 5 years. You might not be on the moon, but it will be a nice chunk of money that will be of benefit. This is an amount that almost anyone can invest and forget.
Interesting insight. Haven't invested in any crypto to date. Are you using Coinbase or what service to transact/hold digital coins?
[Reply]
Page 781 of 781
« First < 281681731771777778779780781
Up