ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 44
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
-King- 09:18 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Comparing Russel Godwater Wilson to Alex Smith is a fucking travesty. My god, there's some serious dipshit posters on here.
So you don't have anything of substance to add?

How hard is it to win games when all you need is 174 yards and 1 touchdown a game?

Oh yeah, your RB is averaging 96 yards and 1.3 touchdowns a game. When's the last time the chiefs got that kind of production from their running back in the playoffs? Must be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 PM 04-04-2017
When's the last time a SB winner scored 16 or less points in a playoff game the year they won the SB? I'm already 6 years deep and don't see it.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:26 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you don't have anything of substance to add?

How hard is it to win games when all you need is 174 yards and 1 touchdown a game?

Oh yeah, your RB is averaging 96 yards and 1.3 touchdowns a game. When's the last time the chiefs got that kind of production from their running back in the playoffs? Must be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
When's the last time the Chiefs had a QB in the playoffs that made defenses respect the pass, which in turn opens up the run?
[Reply]
-King- 09:32 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Alex scored 44 points in a playoff game and lost.

"The will to win" differentiates these 2 players. No other example personifies that than Wilson making the clutch 2 point conversion in the game you referenced. The dagger deep TD pass in OT of the game is even more proof of this.
He also threw a pick from the 1 yard line to lose a Superbowl so....

It's hilarious that someone can be praised for throwing a touchdown in overtime after throwing 4 interceptions in regulation. No that's not fucking clutch. You want to know what's clutch? The defense holding Aaron fucking Rodgers to 178 yards 1 touchdown and 2 picks while Russell turns the ball over and over and over. Want to know what else is clutch? Marshawn Lynch running for 157 yards 1 touchdown in 6 fucking yards a carry while the QB shits the bed. That's clutch.

What if Spencer Ware runs for 157 yards instead of 35 in the playoff game?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RunKC 09:39 PM 04-04-2017
He also threw a pick from the 1 yard line to lose a Superbowl so....

It's hilarious that someone can be praised for throwing a touchdown in overtime after throwing 4 interceptions in regulation. No that's not ****ing clutch. You want to know what's clutch? The defense holding Aaron ****ing Rodgers to 178 yards 1 touchdown and 2 picks while Russell turns the ball over and over and over. Want to know what else is clutch? Marshawn Lynch running for 157 yards 1 touchdown in 6 ****ing yards a carry while the QB shits the bed. That's clutch.

What if Spencer Ware runs for 157 yards instead of 35 in the playoff game?
Posted via Mobile Device
Russell Wilson turned the ball over and kept firing as if it never happened and won by making back-to-to back amazing plays.

Alex turns the ball over in Indy bc of a strip sack and goes into a shell the rest of the game and loses.
[Reply]
-King- 09:41 PM 04-04-2017
When's the last time a SB winner scored 16 or less points in a playoff game the year they won the SB? I'm already 6 years deep and don't see it.
It helps when other people on the offense can score. When Wilson can't score which has happened a few times, Lynch picked up the slack. Who did that for Smith?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 PM 04-04-2017
Russell Wilson turned the ball over and kept firing as if it never happened and won by making back-to-to back amazing plays.

Alex turns the ball over in Indy bc of a strip sack and goes into a shell the rest of the game and loses.
So just so we're clear, 129 yards and 4 picks in 4 quarters is okay with you?

And you don't see that the only reason he even had a hope of winning is because Lynch had 157 yards and a touchdown and the defense shut down Aaron Rodgers?

I mean what the fuck? If Ware has 157 in our playoff game we win easily. Instead Ware had 35 yards and we lose.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:47 PM 04-04-2017
So just so we're clear, 129 yards and 4 picks in 4 quarters is okay with you?

And you don't see that the only reason he even had a hope of winning is because Lynch had 157 yards and a touchdown and the defense shut down Aaron Rodgers?

I mean what the fuck? If Ware has 157 in our playoff game we win easily. Instead Ware had 35 yards and we lose.
Posted via Mobile Device
How about if Alex makes the Pittsburgh defense pay for leaving our WRs wide open on several plays? Maybe they play tighter coverage. Maybe this opens up Ware to run for 157. Maybe we score a lot more points and force the Pittsburgh offense to play into our defense's turnover-hungry style.

And maybe your aunt grows balls and becomes your uncle.
[Reply]
splatbass 10:49 PM 04-04-2017

You don't think Andy's play calling had anything to do with going into a shell?

You don't think 44 points should be enough to win any game?

You don't think the defensive collapse in the 3rd and 4th quarters had anything to do with it?

Are you that fucking blinded by your hatred of Alex Smith?
[Reply]
New World Order 11:15 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
You don't think Andy's play calling had anything to do with going into a shell?

You don't think 44 points should be enough to win any game?

You don't think the defensive collapse in the 3rd and 4th quarters had anything to do with it?

Are you that ****ing blinded by your hatred of Alex Smith?

No, they kept passing.
[Reply]
-King- 11:16 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How about if Alex makes the Pittsburgh defense pay for leaving our WRs wide open on several plays? Maybe they play tighter coverage. Maybe this opens up Ware to run for 157. Maybe we score a lot more points and force the Pittsburgh offense to play into our defense's turnover-hungry style.

And maybe your aunt grows balls and becomes your uncle.
So you're trying to tell me the reason Lynch ran for 157 yards is because of Wilson and his 129 passing yards opening up running Lanes :-)

Want to know the difference between me and you guys? I admit Smith had a bad game.... You guys are doing mental gymnastics trying to justify a QB throwing for 129 yards and 4 interceptions in 4 quarters and averaging 174 yards in a playoff run.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:20 PM 04-04-2017
GSoT put up a mighty 12 against the Bucs back in 99/00.

Fortunately their D knew what kind of game they were in and onlu gave up 10.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:21 PM 04-04-2017
I can't believe we still have posters that defend a qb that threw for 15 touchdowns, 8 interceptions this year and scored 16 points in a playoff game.

He also has a dismal playoff record as a Chief.

Morons
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:25 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I can't believe we still have posters that defend a qb that threw for 15 touchdowns, 8 interceptions this year and scored 16 points in a playoff game.

He also has a dismal playoff record as a Chief.

Morons
After all the times and corrections, this kind of stupidity has to be deliberate.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:36 PM 04-04-2017
I think Wilson is one of the most over rated players in the league.

Listen up because my opinion is not important, this next part is what is important.

The Seahawks had so much success because Wilson was good enough, AND he was playing on his rookie deal.

That's what we are set up for right now.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 44
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up