ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 44
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:06 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by Big Smokey:
Looks like this thread got a little off track.
Alexuals, and their self entitled bitching
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:20 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Alexuals, and their self entitled bitching
Yes. Incredibly accurate and well put.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:44 PM 03-12-2017
I'd like to know more about Tiggeruppecut and his whining about rep.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:39 PM 03-12-2017
so, in tally, tigger has destined two legitimate threads to the romper room due to his trollypop adventures? :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:08 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'd like to know more about Tiggeruppecut and his whining about rep.
Indeed.

Sounds as if Tigger is ready for CP Sock Party.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:58 AM 03-16-2017

#Mahomes is RISING! @PatrickMahomes5 13 teams have asked for private campus workouts. Pro Scouting Day not til 3/31.@TexasTechFB @TexasTech

— Leigh Steinberg (@leighsteinberg) March 16, 2017

[Reply]
raybec 4 12:43 PM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Get outta here with posts about football! You're derailing the thread!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:07 PM 03-16-2017
Reported as thread derailing...

Just trying to beat the Alexuals to the punch...
[Reply]
loochy 01:16 PM 03-16-2017
this is bad news

[Reply]
RunKC 02:32 PM 03-16-2017
Watson is getting some grief about his pro day and I love it. Let that man fall to our range and get him.

He would ball out in this offense
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:38 PM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watson is getting some grief about his pro day and I love it. Let that man fall to our range and get him.

He would ball out in this offense
I'm extremely torn on him after the 49 MPH throwing speed at the combine. I want to know what was up with that.

But otherwise, I do agree that he could be great here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:39 PM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Get outta here with posts about football! You're derailing the thread!
:-)
[Reply]
rico 02:46 PM 03-16-2017
I'm extremely torn on him after the 49 MPH throwing speed at the combine. I want to know what was up with that.

But otherwise, I do agree that he could be great here.
I am torn as well... and he throws a somewhat wobbly ball... I'm in the Kizer-Mahomes-Webb group. I'm indifferent about Trubisky...I don't know what to make of him...I mean, I think he's good...just can't tell how good.

I don't like some of these projected late round sleepers this year.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 03:20 PM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I am torn as well... and he throws a somewhat wobbly ball... I'm in the Kizer-Mahomes-Webb group. I'm indifferent about Trubisky...I don't know what to make of him...I mean, I think he's good...just can't tell how good.

I don't like some of these projected late round sleepers this year.
I'm no expert just watched a lot of acc football and I would love him here.
Can he throw the ball 60 yards down field like favre or mcnabb? No but what he does do is put nice touch on 30-40 yard passes. They are catchable throws that he lets his wrs make plays on. Believe it or not that cost him some ints.
He wont excel on the throws across the field but he'd hit hill running free 30 yards downfield all day long.

Sorry my bad though you were talking Watson.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:45 PM 03-16-2017
I don't know shit about any of these guys but I would be weary of a guy labeled as shaky throwing a slow ball in a faster sport.

Out of curiosity I googled Drew Brees' ball velocity because he came to mind as the weakest armed badass. Sports science measures him at 52 mph with a typical range for NFL QBs being 50-60 mph with guys like Favre and Elway in the 60+ range.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 44
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up