ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 378
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
BWillie 12:02 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

It is now looking like Shams’ earlier tweet might have been the NBA putting it out there and seeing how it was received. Guessing it was received poorly based on this result.
Might be better without him. Nobody would know who the hell he is if he wasn't passing the ball back out to the 3point line to Klay and Steph.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 AM 04-19-2023

r/NBA made a compilation of Draymond Green's antics over the years lmao pic.twitter.com/i9sZCP1XQd

— x - Alex 👋 (@Dubs408) April 18, 2023

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:28 AM 04-19-2023
Yeah, back in the old days they use to stomp on guys all the time. :-)
Might want to check some Bad Boy Piston highlights.

You a softass LeBronie!
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:08 AM 04-19-2023
Brooks effectively did this to Gary Payton in the air last year, you know that right? Still doesn't hold a candle to Draymond.
Draymond got the suspension that he deserved but there is no comparison to what he did and what Mchale\Brooks or any other player does when they hit someone that is in the air. That is 1000x worse and why the NFL\NBA has made those hits illegal with possible ejections and suspensions. Players on the ground can protect themselves unlike players flying in the air (duh).

I would add I have longed believed that if you get some kind of flagrant penalty and you injure the opposing player you should be out as long as they are. That would stop alot of this nonsense.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:40 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Draymond got the suspension that he deserved but there is no comparison to what he did and what Mchale\Brooks or any other player does when they hit someone that is in the air. That is 1000x worse and why the NFL\NBA has made those hits illegal with possible ejections and suspensions. Players on the ground can protect themselves unlike players flying in the air (duh).

I would add I have longed believed that if you get some kind of flagrant penalty and you injure the opposing player you should be out as long as they are. That would stop alot of this nonsense.
Brooks and McHale actually had a basketball reason for the fouls they made (stopping a basket). Draymond had no such reason for stomping on anybody. He just meant to inflict pain and potential for injury the sake of it. Again, there’s just no comparison.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:47 AM 04-19-2023
Brooks and McHale actually had a basketball reason for the fouls they made (stopping a basket). Draymond had no such reason for stomping on anybody. He just meant to inflict pain and potential for injury the sake of it. Again, there’s just no comparison.
There is no basketball play for clubbing someone in the head while they are in the air. You never played competitive sports have you?

Dillon Brooks was ejected for this flagrant 2 on Gary Payton.

pic.twitter.com/uO3ZKrNciJ

— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 04-19-2023
I'm honestly not sure there's anything that can stop Draymond Green's nonsense.

He's just a fuckstick. So is Patrick Beverly.

Guys like that won't be dissuaded. That suggests some level of rational thought in their actions. That simply doesn't exist in these situations.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 04-19-2023
Beverly/Payton is the nearest analogue.

And even that doesn't wash because the odds of Sabonis being seriously injured are substantially higher than CP getting shoved.

Like I mentioned earlier, something like Haynesworth or the Myles Garrett play are the only ones I can really compare this two. Fouls that had absolutely nothing to do with play and are expressly designed to potentially seriously injure someone.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:50 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm honestly not sure there's anything that can stop Draymond Green's nonsense.

He's just a ****stick. So is Patrick Beverly.

Guys like that won't be dissuaded. That suggests some level of rational thought in their actions. That simply doesn't exist in these situations.
Agree on Dray and he should be in his own category. Not sure I would put Pat Bev in it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 AM 04-19-2023
Agree on Dray and he should be in his own category. Not sure I would put Pat Bev in it.
Beverly is one of the reasons that foot foul shit exists.

That dude made an art of sliding his foot under jump-shooters.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:56 AM 04-19-2023
Beverly is one of the reasons that foot foul shit exists.

That dude made an art of sliding his foot under jump-shooters.
Lots of players did that though right? Jalen Rose IIRC talked about doing it on purpose etc.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 04-19-2023
I'd pay money to watch Draymond Green fight Pat Beverly to the death.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 04-19-2023
Lots of players did that though right? Jalen Rose IIRC talked about doing it on purpose etc.
Rose did say he did it to Kobe on purpose and yeah, it wasn't uncommon.

But Beverly (and I'm trying to remember the guy before him - Bowen maybe? Goon defender for the Spurs) does it as a strategy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'd pay money to watch Draymond Green fight Pat Beverly to the death.
Ideally using nothing but blunt objects. Short clubs and spoons. Maybe dull blades.

Nothing that can possibly end it quickly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:06 AM 04-19-2023
Ideally using nothing but blunt objects. Short clubs and spoons. Maybe dull blades.

Nothing that can possibly end it quickly.
Just a single basketball. That's all they get.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 378
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up