ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Respect Thread for Baker Mayfield!!!!
Megatron96 10:48 PM 12-08-2022
That may have been the single most impressive performance by a QB not named Pat Mahomes that I've ever seen on that last 98-yard drive to beat the Raiders.

Just feel like congratulations are in order and a show of respect for a job well done.

[doesn't hurt that he did it to the hated Raiders as well]

Nice job, Baker. Proud of you, Sooner!!!!

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:48 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
No one will forget a 17-16 regular season game between two shitty teams? LOL. All righty.
It was historic. Between the parameters and the circumstances, it was unique. It's going to be in the Book of 'Greatest Comebacks in NFL History,' no doubt.

Certainly, no fan of either franchise will ever forget it. And any time Baker Mayfield's name is mentioned, this game is going to come up within about 10 seconds.

We'll be hearing refences to this game for years to come.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:53 PM 12-09-2022
Funny thing is…in her appearance on a local talk show, she actually sent the hosts a dick pic that was still on her phone. :-)
Supposedly, I guess. Still not seeing anything remotely like evidence on this story. And of course, the timing of the accusations is just so perfect. Seems like almost every time these things come up with the oh-so-perfect timing, we find out much later that it was all BS. or mostly BS.

Plus, didn't this 'story' first break when Baker was still in CLE? So where's all the stories about Baker's wife (sorry, don't know her name) freaking out or whatever?

I mean, it could've happened without my knowledge because I don't follow any player's social media stuff, but still, you'd think it would've come up here at least. Don't remember that either.
[Reply]
ku_jhawk23 02:17 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He's a lot better than that. He could probably do an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco impression for a few games if he had the right team around him.

Still wouldn't bet on him vs the elite QBs, though.
No he's not. He's trash. He had a great drive last night....good for him. He is a lowest tier starter at best. Eli and Flacco have rings. Baker won't sniff one. He's a garbage QB and garbage human. Fuck him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23:
No he's not. He's trash. He had a great drive last night....good for him. He is a lowest tier starter at best. Eli and Flacco have rings. Baker won't sniff one. He's a garbage QB and garbage human. Fuck him.
Lolz.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:28 PM 12-09-2022
The Raiders were a ray of sunshine last night
Mayfield was the dog's ass
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:40 PM 12-09-2022

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:43 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:53 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Supposedly, I guess. Still not seeing anything remotely like evidence on this story. And of course, the timing of the accusations is just so perfect. Seems like almost every time these things come up with the oh-so-perfect timing, we find out much later that it was all BS. or mostly BS.

Plus, didn't this 'story' first break when Baker was still in CLE? So where's all the stories about Baker's wife (sorry, don't know her name) freaking out or whatever?

I mean, it could've happened without my knowledge because I don't follow any player's social media stuff, but still, you'd think it would've come up here at least. Don't remember that either.
Why was the timing perfect?

We get it. You’re a huge Mayfield apologist. You don’t have to keep proving it.

To me, he’s a failure as a human and as a player. 1st overall pick four years ago and as many commercials as Mahomes, yet no one wants him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:02 PM 12-09-2022
Why was the timing perfect?

We get it. You’re a huge Mayfield apologist. You don’t have to keep proving it.

To me, he’s a failure as a human and as a player. 1st overall pick four years ago and as many commercials as Mahomes, yet no one wants him.
Lol, what is it with people today?

I just said, repeatedly, that I don’t follow players off the field, so I have no idea what they do in their personal lives.

What I said was I tend to reserve judgement, and used the Tyreek incident as an example. You posted a link to an uncorroborated story about Mayfield, and all I said was I’ll wait until actual substantive proof of any wrongdoing comes along.

And that’s it.

For your information, this thread isn’t about Baker’s personal life.

It’s about last night’s game, dipstick. Not baker’s past , or future. Not his wife. Not some possible relationship he may have had with anyone.

The performance in the game. That’s all. You’re the one being an ass, not me.
[Reply]
TLO 04:42 PM 12-09-2022
I just watched the game tape (aka Youtube highlights)

Good for Baker.
[Reply]
ku_jhawk23 04:54 PM 12-09-2022
Lolz.
Glad you agree. Keep licking his balls....he's a loser.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:03 PM 12-09-2022
Lol, what is it with people today?

I just said, repeatedly, that I don’t follow players off the field, so I have no idea what they do in their personal lives.

What I said was I tend to reserve judgement, and used the Tyreek incident as an example. You posted a link to an uncorroborated story about Mayfield, and all I said was I’ll wait until actual substantive proof of any wrongdoing comes along.

And that’s it.

For your information, this thread isn’t about Baker’s personal life.

It’s about last night’s game, dipstick. Not baker’s past , or future. Not his wife. Not some possible relationship he may have had with anyone.

The performance in the game. That’s all. You’re the one being an ass, not me.
LOL. You just listed about 50 rationalizations and you’re upset that I called you an apologist?

I know the thread is about the game. Does that mean that every post has to be centered on worshipping Mayfield for throwing one TD vs one of the worst defenses in the league? Sorry….guess I expected more from a player I see on every other commercial than the occasional “feel good” story in a game between bottom feeders.

Btw, you didn’t answer…why was the timing perfect? What did that girl or any of the others get out of it?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:12 PM 12-09-2022
2nd and 98 with that little time left is more than just throwing a TD against a bad defense even for a normal starting QB. Let alone one who just signed.
Yes, it was no doubt low odds, flukey, and probably the highlight of his career.

I don't know why anyone expects anything from athletes off the field whether they are appearing in every other commercial or not.

Or if he is cheating on on his wife, seems like that would be between him and his wife.

:-)

Although obviously at some point given that people do seem to care it could effect his endorsements.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:23 PM 12-09-2022
LOL. You just listed about 50 rationalizations and you’re upset that I called you an apologist?

I know the thread is about the game. Does that mean that every post has to be centered on worshipping Mayfield for throwing one TD vs one of the worst defenses in the league? Sorry….guess I expected more from a player I see on every other commercial than the occasional “feel good” story in a game between bottom feeders.

Btw, you didn’t answer…why was the timing perfect? What did that girl or any of the others get out of it?
One would think that the posts would be about the game. Makes sense to me, anyway.

i mean, I get you hate Baker, a lot of people do. But this story of yours is kind of stretch at this point.

But to respond to your question: this story according to the article, originally came out in Feb. 2020. Gee, what was interesting about that?

In short: Baker led the Browns to a 11-5 record, and their first playoff appearance in 27 years. Their first playoff W in about 45 years. He was at the peak of his fame and notoriety at that moment, since this story came out just weeks after their loss to KC that ended their playoff run. And the whole NFL world was buzzing about what could be the following season.

So, gee, let's think: she might've wanted fame. She listed her occupation as "instagram model." So obviously wants attention. Lots of it. And wants to get paid in the process. What better way than to try and blackmail a relatively famous and well-paid celebrity?

So, not a big stretch here figuring out why she suddenly wanted to come out with her 'story.'

But here's the thing: the sport media world, ala ESPN, FoxSports, CBSSports, etc., has shown a propensity for jumping on any of these "player takes sexual advantage of poor little girl," stories. Some have been true, but many have not as well. The Duke field hockey players immediately come to mind, and there have been so many others I can't remember them all anymore.

So why hasn't this story blown up on all those eager media outlets? Not a single follow-up story on ESPN/CBSSports/FoxSports, etc.? Nothing?

Doesn't seem weird to you? I mean, they lap that shit up, right? And they also love bagging on Baker, so how'd they miss this perfectly served up scandal, when Baker was at the height of his popularity?

And does this not feel a little like the Tyreek scandal, that proved to be fictitious? Player about to come into real generational wealth, and Bam!, Tyreek has been abusing her and their kid, etc.

Yeah, not buying it. Honestly a little surprised you did.

But thanks for wasting my time looking up the origin of that likely fake story, sport. You can fuck off now, and have a nice day:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:31 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23:
Glad you agree. Keep licking his balls....he's a loser.
Who the heck is this twat now? Piss off, dipstick. Go hump your dog or something.:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up