ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Respect Thread for Baker Mayfield!!!!
Megatron96 10:48 PM 12-08-2022
That may have been the single most impressive performance by a QB not named Pat Mahomes that I've ever seen on that last 98-yard drive to beat the Raiders.

Just feel like congratulations are in order and a show of respect for a job well done.

[doesn't hurt that he did it to the hated Raiders as well]

Nice job, Baker. Proud of you, Sooner!!!!

[Reply]
kcpasco 11:33 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
First time in 45 seasons that a team has pulled off a 98 yard TD drive in the final 2 minutes to win the game. That's pretty wild.
You like Baker as a franchise QB?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 PM 12-08-2022
I've never been as hard on Baker as others have. I thought I was all the way wrong with this Carolina stuff.

Turns out, Carolina is pure shit.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:37 PM 12-08-2022
Tonight, the Rams WR1 was Ben Skrowronek. A 2nd year player that began the season as the Rams WR4. Before today he'd caught a total of 24 balls on the season at about a 60% catch rate. Tonight, Skowronek went 7-for-8, 89 yards, almost a third of his season total in ayrds.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:37 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I've never been as hard on Baker as others have. I thought I was all the way wrong with this Carolina stuff.

Turns out, Carolina is pure shit.
He is not a franchise QB. He cannot handle criticism. Guy needs a shrink.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:42 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Maybe not. In fact, you're probably right.

But what he did tonight was special. Just the fact that a 98-yard drive to win a game hasn't been done in 45 years tells you that.

But under the circumstances that he did it in? We just witnessed a unicorn performance. And that shit's just so rare and incredible to see.

Still laughing about that drive.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:43 PM 12-08-2022
You like Baker as a franchise QB?
You would be hard-pressed to find someone who hates Mayfield more than me. I have no idea if he can be a franchise QB on a consistent basis. He was terrible this year for Carolina. Guess we'll see if McVay can get him to be more consistent the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 AM 12-09-2022
Yeah, he's not a franchise guy. He's competent - at least I thought - The answer is probably he's competent in the right hands.

He's probably Jared Goff. A guy a talented playcaller can get some production out of, but a guy you're looking to replace.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:53 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Broncos should have picked him up.
Totally. The Broncos should do all the stupid things, not just most of them.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:59 AM 12-09-2022
I thought it was mad when people were saying that he should get top QB money when the Browns were doing well but also think the reaction the other way has gone too far.

He is around a top 20-25 QB who can push up a bit higher. Those QBs are always going to be under pressure as noone wants anything but a top 10 QB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:19 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
I thought it was mad when people were saying that he should get top QB money when the Browns were doing well but also think the reaction the other way has gone too far.

He is around a top 20-25 QB who can push up a bit higher. Those QBs are always going to be under pressure as noone wants anything but a top 10 QB.
He just whipped Carr on 36 hours prep, who’s ranked 10th among all QBs in QBR! Mayfield outplayed Deshawn Watson, who had 700 days prep. :-):-):-):-)

It seems obvious now that CAR never should’ve allowed Baker to see the playbook or meet his teammates until a day and a half before the game.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:36 AM 12-09-2022
I’m happy he beat the Raiders. That’s great. No respect for him though or the gay ass Sooners.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:55 AM 12-09-2022
You would be hard-pressed to find someone who hates Mayfield more than me. I have no idea if he can be a franchise QB on a consistent basis. He was terrible this year for Carolina. Guess we'll see if McVay can get him to be more consistent the rest of the season.
So, I really don't like Mayfield. I think he's an asshole.

But, there have been very good, to even great QBs, who didn't reach their peak until the right coach found them.

Rich Gannon knocked around a couple of places, including KC, and then had a magical season, and a great end to his career once Jon Gruden brought him to the Raiders.

Kurt Warner couldn't make an NFL roster, and for some reason Dick Vermeil named him Trent Green's backup, and one injury later, Kurt Warner is the MVP and Super Champion, and went on to play in 2 more SBs and is now in the HOF.

And of course there is Lenny Dawson and Hank Stram. And several others, but you get my point.

Maybe McVay is just the coach to help him reach peak Baker Mayfield.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:27 AM 12-09-2022
Mayfield's gotten a bad rap due to last year's sub-par performance, when he played all season with a bum shoulder.

If healthy, he's good. Mcvay is a great offensive coach, and Mayfield has landed in a good spot for him.

Stafford may well be done, and The Rams may well be tearing it all down this offseason, so who knows what happens, but Baker is a lot better than a lot of people think.

Goff? Goff is the floor for healthy Mayfield. If Mayfield is healthy, he can absolutely be a second tier QB. Not quite elite, but certainly top ten.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:04 AM 12-09-2022
I didn’t watch but I see that the drive was helped by a couple huge penalties that took a sack and int off the board. Were those penalties legit?
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:05 AM 12-09-2022
Right there with you, sir. I had Mayfield and think he is a huge narcissist.
Throughout his career he will flash traits of incredible talent, only to be followed up by complete and total brain farts for extended periods of time.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up