ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we stop with the trade Chris Jones shit?
RunKC 12:04 PM 12-08-2022
Watching this catastrophe again and yeah I, like all of you, were pissed and let this man have it bc a TE blocked him out of a play one time.

Guys. Holy shit man. He played really really well. Again. I heard this on Times Ours but am even more angry after seeing it.

Not only did they double Chris at all times but they blatantly held him. A lot. Like it was basically “this man is all they have and we gonna hold this motherfucker most of the time bc they can’t call it every single time.”

They legitimately hack-a-Shaq’d this man the entire game and it made me furious that it wasn’t called. Like what the fuck?

Anyway. This guy is our DL. Karlaftis had a few pressures. Dunlap had that big play. Frank was invisible and Danna wasn’t any better.

He might be the best player on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

TL;DR pay Chris Jones his goddamn money
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:50 PM 12-08-2022
Can't trade him now anyway. Trade deadline has passed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:52 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It's the fodder of the same reeruns who say "ballgame" in the first half and "just blow it up" after a loss.

These are the sort who don't think Jones is affecting the game unless he records a sack every week
Every week? A lot of these bozos seem to need CJ to get a sack on every snap. Including the rushing snaps.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:02 PM 12-08-2022
Did I sleep through the playoffs??? Is it the off-season??
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:10 PM 12-08-2022
The only problem with stopping the "can we trade CJ?" BS, is then we'd have even less to talk about, since no one is interested in talking about this Sunday's game vs. DEN.

right now, the hot topics are this one, whether J. Lawrence is a dumb blonde, whether Kadarius Toney was a bad trade, whether we're happy that some dumb WNBA player is coming home after doing stupid illegal shit in Russia, and whether we'd draft Skyy Moore again if the draft happened tomorrow.

It's slim pickings in here right now.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:27 PM 12-08-2022
I always try to look at these things by disassociating my personal like for the player from the overall potential net result.

It's a reason I favored trading away Tyreek. With Tyreek, there was an opportunity to replace a solid segment of his production in Free Agency at a relatively modest cost. Several supporting pieces remained intact for Mahomes to help filter the loss.

I'd need to come away with a similar feeling about trading Chris Jones. No supporting pieces help filter the trade, so I look for a replacement level for his overall impact. What can the Chiefs get in the draft and free agency that make up for him?

There are very few defensive tackles that are able to apply pressure on the QB routinely. DaRon Payne would be a great get, but he's most probably getting the franchise tag. He's also going to cost a lot of money. The most reasonable is probably Javon Hargrave, who is 2 years older than Jones and is still going to cost a bit. I'd consider Dre'Mont Jones, but at 25 and with good production, how cheap will he come in? Zach Allen is probably next on the list and he's coming in at 50% of Jones' production. There are a few options, so I feel OK about it. I'd probably set my sights on Dre'Mont Jones, honestly.0

Now, is there an opportunity to improve other pieces to help with that whole "filtering" bit and perhaps increase the overall effectiveness of the D-Line? I think there are a couple of options in free agency but not too many, namely Ngakoue and Smoot. I think the rest of the options are primarily projections and hope.

Overall, you're really trying to target 2 of 4-5 total players in order to offset the loss of Jones. That's workable to me. You also have the draft to really look to improve.

I'm OK with trading Jones but Veach would have to bust his ass to ensure he locked up a couple of these guys and he's still going to need to attack the draft for the defensive line.

If the net of trading Jones got me a top-15 LT, Dre'Mont Jones, and Yannick Ngakoue plus draft pick investments with the late 1st and a 2nd or 3rd, I'm a pretty happy dude this off-season.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:35 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The only problem with stopping the "can we trade CJ?" BS, is then we'd have even less to talk about, since no one is interested in talking about this Sunday's game vs. DEN.

right now, the hot topics are this one, whether J. Lawrence is a dumb blonde, whether Kadarius Toney was a bad trade, whether we're happy that some dumb WNBA player is coming home after doing stupid illegal shit in Russia, and whether we'd draft Skyy Moore again if the draft happened tomorrow.

It's slim pickings in here right now.
And crying about the CIN loss. There's plenty of that still going on.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:41 PM 12-08-2022
i never heard this which is good. Facebook is terrible
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:49 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It's the fodder of the same reeruns who say "ballgame" in the first half and "just blow it up" after a loss.

These are the sort who don't think Jones is affecting the game unless he records a sack every week
The same people who think Hardman has done nothing for the offense?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:20 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Lol.

Blame the refs for his disappearing act?

K.

Guy is up for 27 million next year. That's almost double what we're paying Travis Kelce.

Travis Kelce.

You remember, the guy that scored 3 first half tds in our divisional game against the Texans that Chris Jones enjoyed in streetclothes.

The guy that caught the game winner in ot of 13 seconds game.

But Jones is the best player not named Mahomes.

Sure pal. Sure.

He just chooses not to be a factor in big games. He's really really good and we absolutely can't trade his jack shit post season contributions.

K.
Oh look a worthless fucking retard.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:12 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Only concern is age. He’s getting closer to 30. If you give him a top dollar deal and Father Time starts catching up to Jones in a big way, it puts KC in a bad spot. They already went through this with Justin Houston & Eric Berry, elite players who suddenly dropped off a cliff in performance.
Justin Houston is having a very good season. His problem was not being able to play due to injuries, not a fall off in ability due to age. Jones hasn’t had a significant injury problem. Jones’ value is accentuated because he rushes from inside. If you can get decent (average) pass rush from the edge positions, he becomes a cheat code.

Karlaftis isn’t done growing into his body. Fatties don’t reach prime production until 3 or 4 years into the league.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:47 PM 12-08-2022
Jones is having a Hella of a good season and fuck the haters. How stupid are people? He will be a Chief next year. We need to bolster our defensive line with an edge rusher and another DT but we would go backwards not having Jones back next year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:42 AM 12-09-2022
I think Jones is a great player, and the pass rush issues are not his fault.

But I also see a lot of parallels to Hill. Paying Jones may be too rich to improve the players around him.

I'm not saying we should absolutely trade Jones; but I am saying that we should consider it, depending on what the return is. If there's a mid to high first in the package, I think you'd really have to consider it. Jones will be 30, and that $30m per would go a long way towards upgrading multiple spots on the d-line. If that cash and draft pick give you 3 upgrades, you can accept the one downgrade.

I'm not at all down on Jones, he's a great player, just thinking that if the concept is to put the best 52 plus Mahomes on the field, you have to consider it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:24 AM 12-09-2022
I've been saying all year that because Veach traded Hill, who I think was more crucial to this team than Jones, that Veach could trade Jones.

Not speculating on what we would get for Jones, whether we should or what Jones would bring in draft capital or what Veach would do with that draft capital. Just saying this may become the Veach template to remain competitive every year.

For those following along at home, Veach's move to get McDuffie looks like it might have got us a top 5 CB by next year. And a shit ton of cash moving forward to keep or acquire less pricy players.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 12-09-2022
Trading Hill isn’t the same as trading Jones.

With Hill gone, we still had Patrick Mahomes, Andy Reid and Travis Kelce. Those 3 were critical in keeping the offense rolling. We additionally had Hardman to help with some of the same things due to pure speed.

We have nothing on the DL outside of a young improving Karlaftis. Nothing else.

We all saw how pathetic the pass rush was without Chris last Sunday. Gonna look a lot like that every week with him gone
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:54 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oh look a worthless ****ing reerun.
Oh look, your boy disappeared in a big game, again.

I imagine your take falls in line with the rest of the Jones taint tasters though, right?

Refs fault. He was held all game!!

He was doubled all game!! (But not really)

Your boy got flat out d block shower punked by a backup te. I'm sure that was some sort of uncalled foul also.

Frank Clark, who is nearly universally trashed on this board, has produced more in 3 post season games than Jones has in 10.

Rationalize that however you like.

Chris Jones is a player that is a legend against mediocre to good teams.

Against playoff caliber teams, in the big games, can't find him.

We've tried the regular season legend and jags around him, that hasn't worked for 10 playoff games.

Why continue to pay out the ass for a player so easily erased with a coordinator that cannot seem to capitalize on instances where allegedly 2-3guys are taken up by one?

Somebody gotta go, and we all know it ain't gonna be Spags out the door over a dt pushing 30 years old who has produced 3 batted balls as his claim to not being incredibly worthless in 10 post season games.

Y'all gone make a movie bout dis shit!!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up