ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we stop with the trade Chris Jones shit?
RunKC 12:04 PM 12-08-2022
Watching this catastrophe again and yeah I, like all of you, were pissed and let this man have it bc a TE blocked him out of a play one time.

Guys. Holy shit man. He played really really well. Again. I heard this on Times Ours but am even more angry after seeing it.

Not only did they double Chris at all times but they blatantly held him. A lot. Like it was basically “this man is all they have and we gonna hold this motherfucker most of the time bc they can’t call it every single time.”

They legitimately hack-a-Shaq’d this man the entire game and it made me furious that it wasn’t called. Like what the fuck?

Anyway. This guy is our DL. Karlaftis had a few pressures. Dunlap had that big play. Frank was invisible and Danna wasn’t any better.

He might be the best player on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

TL;DR pay Chris Jones his goddamn money
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:05 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You think trading Chris Jones to draft an OT high in the 1st round is a win?

There are plenty of adequate lower round LT in the NFL, we don't need all pro we need adequate.

There are literally 2 or 3 Chris Jones level DL in the NFL.
Ideally we trade him to Buffalo or Cincinnatti so he can disappear in the playoffs for them.

Makes our road to the SB easier, and we save a metric ****ton of cash. Pat can sidearm sling off platform to avoid the dreaded Chris Jones batted ball at the line, and we'll use Noah Gray and Jody Fortson to block him into next season for Pacheco.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:06 PM 12-08-2022
Sign Yannick and pair him up with Jones.

That d-line is sick and vastly improves our defense.

Sign a veteran and proven RT

Give up some picks and move up and draft an LT.

This should be our offseason.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:10 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If we could get a first and a second for him I'd be 100% in.

Between the cap space and the need to draft an OT high I'm convinced.
There is where I'd be.

I just don't think anyone is giving up a 1 and a 2 for a soon-to-be 29yr old DT who wants to be paid approaching 30mm/yr.
[Reply]
irafreak 02:21 PM 12-08-2022
The over reaction to a defensive tackle not getting sacks...especially when he's double teamed constantly, is ridiculous. But I do wonder if our line would be better with two good ends instead.
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
That doesn't change the fact that OT is a wayyyyyy more valuable position than DL
Nah.

It's up there, but

QB

OT=Pass Rusher
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:28 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There is where I'd be.

I just don't think anyone is giving up a 1 and a 2 for a soon-to-be 29yr old DT who wants to be paid approaching 30mm/yr.
The only teams that would do it are teams with a rookie contract QB and on the cusp of a Super Bowl. A team that can overpay a bit to go all in.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:33 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Jones is our Defense. He is the only player on the DLine that any opposing team cares about.

He has the KC Chiefs by the short and curlies.
Something that can be fixed by drafting MORE young defensive players, not fewer.

Originally Posted by irafreak:
The over reaction to a defensive tackle not getting sacks...especially when he's double teamed constantly, is ridiculous. But I do wonder if our line would be better with two good ends instead.

This is the problem, though. If your whole defense is one player, and that player can be eliminated by a double team, then the solution is not to keep investing in that equation. It's not that Chris Jones sucks, it's that he can be taken out of the game.

Chris Jones is having his absolute best year as a pro. He's also pushing 30. That is 100%, Grade A prime trade bait.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:49 PM 12-08-2022
Hmm, out of all the DTs that have been drafted in the last 7 years, which is a bunch, there is not one that is on the same level as Jones, and other than Donald 2 years prior to Jones being drafted there isn't one. Drafting more defensive linemen will not replace what Jones delivers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:59 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah.

It's up there, but

QB

OT=Pass Rusher
And guess who leads KC in sacks.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:00 PM 12-08-2022
No. No player is untouchable except for Mahomes. The chiefs should absolutely explore the possibility of a trade.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:22 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Kelce is untouchable as well in terms of the trade market. He is one of the more underpaid star players in the league. He is just as valuable as the big time receivers who are paid north of $25M per year. But the tight end label prevents him from being paid like those guys.
Debating Kelce being untouchable or not is an irrelevant question. He's always been 100% reasonable with his ask.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:29 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Sign Yannick and pair him up with Jones.

That d-line is sick and vastly improves our defense.

Sign a veteran and proven RT

Give up some picks and move up and draft an LT.

This should be our offseason.
I’d do this. Also sign a guy like Arden Key or Charles Omenihu to fill in why Turk is healing from his ACL.

Also sign a vet rusher again like Dunlap or Ingram to rotate
[Reply]
Bump 04:35 PM 12-08-2022
imagine wanting to trade our beast DT because he didn't get a sack against the bengals. There's a good chance we'll never find another defensive tackle that could do half of what Jones has done for the rest of our lives. Unless some team is willing to really over pay.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:20 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
imagine wanting to trade our beast DT because he didn't get a sack against the bengals. There's a good chance we'll never find another defensive tackle that could do half of what Jones has done for the rest of our lives. Unless some team is willing to really over pay.
It's the fodder of the same retards who say "ballgame" in the first half and "just blow it up" after a loss.

These are the sort who don't think Jones is affecting the game unless he records a sack every week
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:44 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by :
Can we stop with the trade Chris Jones shit?
Yes. Yes we can. Never should have been mentioned in the first place. Shit, man. I do believe you'd get your ass kicked if you said some shit like that. /Lawrence the cool neighbor
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up