ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we stop with the trade Chris Jones shit?
RunKC 12:04 PM 12-08-2022
Watching this catastrophe again and yeah I, like all of you, were pissed and let this man have it bc a TE blocked him out of a play one time.

Guys. Holy shit man. He played really really well. Again. I heard this on Times Ours but am even more angry after seeing it.

Not only did they double Chris at all times but they blatantly held him. A lot. Like it was basically “this man is all they have and we gonna hold this motherfucker most of the time bc they can’t call it every single time.”

They legitimately hack-a-Shaq’d this man the entire game and it made me furious that it wasn’t called. Like what the fuck?

Anyway. This guy is our DL. Karlaftis had a few pressures. Dunlap had that big play. Frank was invisible and Danna wasn’t any better.

He might be the best player on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

TL;DR pay Chris Jones his goddamn money
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:12 PM 12-08-2022
You don't think of trading him because he was invisible against the Bengals but you don't rule it out depending on his future salary demands. Right now we don't know if he wants to reset the market to a much higher level. Maybe he doesn't. Hard to say rn.

Just like CP thought Tyreek was untouchable a year ago, the only true one is Patrick.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:16 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nate said Juan was the worst defender on the field that day but man I can’t agree. It was definitely Nick Bolton.
Bolton injured his groin early in that game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:16 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Bolton injured his groin early in that game.
That makes sense. He's been pretty decent in coverage up to this point.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:18 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You don't think of trading him because he was invisible against the Bengals but you don't rule it out depending on his future salary demands. Right now we don't know if he wants to reset the market to a much higher level. Maybe he doesn't. Hard to say rn.

Just like CP thought Tyreek was untouchable a year ago, the only true one is Patrick.
Kelce is untouchable as well in terms of the trade market. He is one of the more underpaid star players in the league. He is just as valuable as the big time receivers who are paid north of $25M per year. But the tight end label prevents him from being paid like those guys.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:23 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watching this catastrophe again and yeah I, like all of you, were pissed and let this man have it bc a TE blocked him out of a play one time.

Guys. Holy shit man. He played really really well. Again. I heard this on Times Ours but am even more angry after seeing it.

Not only did they double Chris at all times but they blatantly held him. A lot. Like it was basically “this man is all they have and we gonna hold this mother****er most of the time bc they can’t call it every single time.”

They legitimately hack-a-Shaq’d this man the entire game and it made me furious that it wasn’t called. Like what the ****?

Anyway. This guy is our DL. Karlaftis had a few pressures. Dunlap had that big play. Frank was invisible and Danna wasn’t any better.

He might be the best player on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

TL;DR pay Chris Jones his goddamn money
Lol.

Blame the refs for his disappearing act?

K.

Guy is up for 27 million next year. That's almost double what we're paying Travis Kelce.

Travis Kelce.

You remember, the guy that scored 3 first half tds in our divisional game against the Texans that Chris Jones enjoyed in streetclothes.

The guy that caught the game winner in ot of 13 seconds game.

But Jones is the best player not named Mahomes.

Sure pal. Sure.

He just chooses not to be a factor in big games. He's really really good and we absolutely can't trade his jack shit post season contributions.

K.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:23 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Kelce is untouchable as well in terms of the trade market. He is one of the more underpaid star players in the league. He is just as valuable as the big time receivers who are paid north of $25M per year. But the tight end label prevents him from being paid like those guys.
I think he would agree at his current contract price but saying if Kelce started demanding an absurd raise, like Tyreek did, we'd have to consider parting ways with him.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:24 PM 12-08-2022
Zero career playoff sacks.

I love CJ but that stat is damning.

Zero.

If Veach thinks the money can be better spent elsewhere then I'd be ok with it.

Zero.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Lol.

Blame the refs for his disappearing act?

K.

Guy is up for 27 million next year. That's almost double what we're paying Travis Kelce.

Travis Kelce.

You remember, the guy that scored 3 first half tds in our divisional game against the Texans that Chris Jones enjoyed in streetclothes.

The guy that caught the game winner in ot of 13 seconds game.

But Jones is the best player not named Mahomes.

Sure pal. Sure.

He just chooses not to be a factor in big games. He's really really good and we absolutely can't trade his jack shit post season contributions.

K.
Highest paid TE gets $17 million. Highest paid DT gets $34 million.

TE’s in general are obscenely underpaid
[Reply]
DRM08 01:27 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think he would agree at his current contract price but saying if Kelce started demanding an absurd raise, like Tyreek did, we'd have to consider parting ways with him.
I think Kelce is too happy in KC with Mahomes & Coach Reid to do that. He’s paid at the top of the tight end market, but we all know he’s way more valuable than that.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:37 PM 12-08-2022
It's all the same reruns posting this stuff. Just ignore them.
[Reply]
notorious 01:38 PM 12-08-2022
Darnold didn't set the world on fire against us. Shit happens.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:53 PM 12-08-2022
If we could get a first and a second for him I'd be 100% in.

Between the cap space and the need to draft an OT high I'm convinced.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:59 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

You think trading Chris Jones to draft an OT high in the 1st round is a win?

There are plenty of adequate lower round LT in the NFL, we don't need all pro we need adequate.

There are literally 2 or 3 Chris Jones level DL in the NFL.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:03 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Jones is our Defense. He is the only player on the DLine that any opposing team cares about.

He has the KC Chiefs by the short and curlies.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:03 PM 12-08-2022
That doesn't change the fact that OT is a wayyyyyy more valuable position than DL
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up