ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we stop with the trade Chris Jones shit?
RunKC 12:04 PM 12-08-2022
Watching this catastrophe again and yeah I, like all of you, were pissed and let this man have it bc a TE blocked him out of a play one time.

Guys. Holy shit man. He played really really well. Again. I heard this on Times Ours but am even more angry after seeing it.

Not only did they double Chris at all times but they blatantly held him. A lot. Like it was basically “this man is all they have and we gonna hold this motherfucker most of the time bc they can’t call it every single time.”

They legitimately hack-a-Shaq’d this man the entire game and it made me furious that it wasn’t called. Like what the fuck?

Anyway. This guy is our DL. Karlaftis had a few pressures. Dunlap had that big play. Frank was invisible and Danna wasn’t any better.

He might be the best player on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

TL;DR pay Chris Jones his goddamn money
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 12:35 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Some of these silly ideas are hard to Belize.
That’s because they all be lize.
[Reply]
-King- 12:37 PM 12-08-2022
Because of this thread I'm going to trade him even harder now!
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:45 PM 12-08-2022
I absolutely Love Chris Jones! I hope he is a Chief for Life! I would love to sign him to a BIG money deal, he has certainly earned it. He is the kind of player you HOPE to get with a top 5 draft pick! So why would you trade him for even a top 5 draft pick?

All that said, a GOOD GM (which we have) would never simply say "Can we stop with the trade CJ shit". You listen to anyone who calls, consider their offer and what you could do with it.

I hope CJ gets paid but I also hope he would consider taking a little less to stay on a team that he has helped build into a team that competes for a SuperBowl every year! He is Chiefs family! Few Guys like Patrick and Travis get it though. I feel like Chris gets it but what if he only wants the TOP salary and is unwilling to work with the team?

I know this is long but there is so much for a GM to consider when negotiating a new contract with a player of CJs caliber. I DO NOT want to trade him and I doubt Veach does either.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:48 PM 12-08-2022

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:49 PM 12-08-2022
Of course they won't trade Jones any time soon. Look at the Chief's draft record for DL, and figure out how many years it would take to replace his production for less money than he's getting.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:50 PM 12-08-2022
It's best to avoid football talk on here
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:52 PM 12-08-2022
Good thing we didn’t sign Suh, or they would have had a hell of a time doubling both of them.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:00 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Good thing we didn’t sign Suh, or they would have had a hell of a time doubling both of them.
They could double both. They would intentionally leave Clark unblocked, and the other OL would neutralize Karlaftis/Danna. Spags would still need to blitz to get pressure.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:00 PM 12-08-2022
Also interesting to note: Nate Taylor said that the Bengals avoided going after Justin Reid in the passing game after the first quarter. I saw that too and all the big plays went away from his side really.

Nate said Juan was the worst defender on the field that day but man I can’t agree. It was definitely Nick Bolton.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:01 PM 12-08-2022
Pass rush sucks like it did last year. There no fixing it now. Blitz and hope you get there is our only option.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:07 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's best to avoid football talk on here
That's hilarious, and yet, upon reflection, completely accurate.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:08 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also interesting to note: Nate Taylor said that the Bengals avoided going after Justin Reid in the passing game after the first quarter. I saw that too and all the big plays went away from his side really.

Nate said Juan was the worst defender on the field that day but man I can’t agree. It was definitely Nick Bolton.
I love Nick to death, but it appeared to my naked eye that they were targeting him in the passing game. :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:08 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Pass rush sucks like it did last year. There no fixing it now. Blitz and hope you get there is our only option.
So keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Great plan.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:09 PM 12-08-2022
Only concern is age. He’s getting closer to 30. If you give him a top dollar deal and Father Time starts catching up to Jones in a big way, it puts KC in a bad spot. They already went through this with Justin Houston & Eric Berry, elite players who suddenly dropped off a cliff in performance.
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I love Nick to death, but it appeared to my naked eye that they were targeting him in the passing game. :-)
As it seems to do alot, the pre draft stuff comes back to get you at times. He's great coming down hill around the LOS.

In coverage, just struggles with it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up