ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rape charges dropped against Araiza and other SDSU players
Stewie 07:54 PM 12-07-2022
Former Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza and former teammates on the San Diego State football team will not face criminal charges in connection with an alleged gang rape of a minor that occurred at an off-campus party in October 2021, the San Diego County District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday.

"Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction," the district attorney's office said in a statement. "Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The DA's office said the San Diego Police Department did not recommend charges be filed when the case was submitted in early August.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
The problem is that rape is one of the hardest things to prove without a doubt in the eyes of the law. Even if the victim does everything right the attacker can go free due to "lack of evidence"

The truth is all of us know someone that has been raped or sexually assaulted and nothing ever happened to the attacker. I think that's why the mob mentality is so strong with things like this. Because we all know or are someone who has been in a similar situation.
This is really the crux of the issue. It's difficult to prove either way so it's exceptionally touchy. Rapey dudes are shitty and lying whores are equally as shitty. Without either, we'd have no issues, but unfortunately there are enough on both sides that you'll always have to wonder either way when an accusation is made.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:52 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
1:50 and 2:48

Good watch for idiots like DJ, Belizeboy, and the honorable judge twistedchief.
This really doesn't prove much for me other than she was dtf. Doesn't mean she was down for it to be so rough she had a bloody lip and bruises. Maybe I'm crazy but I'm of the belief that once a girl says no or stop then you stop. Alot of people have different kinks and I have no issues with people enjoying them but consent is a huge part. And the more extreme your kink the more certain you have to be about consent.

I'm not saying he is guilty or innocent. Just that there is alot of gray area to this.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:01 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
It is possible to sit back and not take a stance.

Brian Banks, Duke LaCrosse, etc.

I personally had friends in college that ****ed around with some girls that were underaged. The thing is, they looked like college girls, acted like college girls. Hell, I would have nailed one of them if so inclined.

They got in trouble for sneaking out one night by their parents, and guess who got blamed for ALL of their problems, stuff that had nothing to do with them. Said that my friends got them drunk and took advantage of them. Thing is they came by in the middle of the day to screw all the time. During school. All bullshit.

Ruined one guys life and the other was smart and denied everything.
Well said.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:01 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
It is possible to sit back and not take a stance.

Brian Banks, Duke LaCrosse, etc.

I personally had friends in college that ****ed around with some girls that were underaged. The thing is, they looked like college girls, acted like college girls. Hell, I would have nailed one of them if so inclined.

They got in trouble for sneaking out one night by their parents, and guess who got blamed for ALL of their problems, stuff that had nothing to do with them. Said that my friends got them drunk and took advantage of them. Thing is they came by in the middle of the day to screw all the time. During school. All bullshit.

Ruined one guys life and the other was smart and denied everything.
Yeah but what makes everyone comfortable are the other details. You gotta also get past the gang bang part or that she consented to be treating that roughly. Maybe it was consensual but it’s not just an ordinary encounter. The thing I can’t get over is that he told her he had an STD AFTER they banged. So all in all, it’s not like the guy is a total victim.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:02 AM 12-08-2022
"Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction," the district attorney's office said in a statement. "Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

the bold part translates to there is no evidence that the story was true. If they said they didn't feel they had enough evidence to secure a conviction then that is totally different.

the "does not support" part is saying "yea this doesn't add up". if it was "evidence is not strong enough" then that is yea it very likely could have happened, but no way we win a conviction so not going forward.

Prosecutors aren't gonna take on a losing case in general. In cases like these there tend to be a lot of reliance on witnesses and who knows with that. People tend to inject their beliefs/feelings into these things or they just flat out refuse to cooperate and with alcohol and what not involved could have just not been anything substantial enough.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:07 AM 12-08-2022
You have to be careful especially if people know who you are, Trevor Bauer basically got setup and suspended when in all reality by the law he didn't do anything wrong.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:14 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:

the bold part translates to there is no evidence that the story was true. If they said they didn't feel they had enough evidence to secure a conviction then that is totally different.
Weird. I feel like you entirely ignored this part:

"Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The entire thing reads to me that they just don't have enough evidence to file, not that there's no evidence the story was true.

The burden of proof is always going to be super high in these sorts of situations especially when they involve alcohol. And as you said a lot of DAs wouldn't want to go down that path.

But I don't think they're saying there's no evidence to support her claims in the slightest.
[Reply]
notorious 10:17 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah but what makes everyone comfortable are the other details. You gotta also get past the gang bang part or that she consented to be treating that roughly. Maybe it was consensual but it’s not just an ordinary encounter. The thing I can’t get over is that he told her he had an STD AFTER they banged. So all in all, it’s not like the guy is a total victim.
The STD thing is terrible, but it happens all the time at colleges across the US.

I'm thankful I dodged that bullet in my younger years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:17 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You have to be careful especially if people know who you are, Trevor Bauer basically got setup and suspended when in all reality by the law he didn't do anything wrong.
Isn't he well known for being a huge piece of shit?

Not necessarily saying any of it was proportional response or whatever, but I do find not being a huge piece of shit goes a long way towards people not being a huge piece of shit in return.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:43 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Weird. I feel like you entirely ignored this part:

"Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The entire thing reads to me that they just don't have enough evidence to file, not that there's no evidence the story was true.

The burden of proof is always going to be super high in these sorts of situations especially when they involve alcohol. And as you said a lot of DAs wouldn't want to go down that path.

But I don't think they're saying there's no evidence to support her claims in the slightest.
I addressed that part in the second part of my post. I also mentioned it is entirely possible that they had crap witnesses and they just can't get the story to add up. Also perhaps they just didn't choose their words carefully, but to me it would have made more sense to just say "we don't have ENOUGH evidence to gain a conviction". Instead they elected to say that "the evidence doesn't SUPPORT the charges filed".

Idk to me that reads different no?

I know if I was the victim or family i would be pissed if they used the words they did. It insinuates that it was made up.

agree on everything else.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:46 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The video of both the accused and accuser.
Oh shit i was there that day. Kinda. I was at the park for my nephew's birthday, i remember watching them all load up on to the yacht and wondered what it was for.

I remember laughing because a few of those ho's missed the boat, haha.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:12 AM 12-08-2022
The hope is that every young girl understands the real-life lessons here. Don't be a cock-tease. Don't get drunk and hang out at frat houses, etc.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:22 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
The problem is that rape is one of the hardest things to prove without a doubt in the eyes of the law. Even if the victim does everything right the attacker can go free due to "lack of evidence"

The truth is all of us know someone that has been raped or sexually assaulted and nothing ever happened to the attacker. I think that's why the mob mentality is so strong with things like this. Because we all know or are someone who has been in a similar situation.
As part of my business law class in college we were required to sit in on a case to just kind of learn how the procedings went. In this instance it was a sexual assault case. Granted I was only present for half of the case but I was thinking this guy is totally going to get acquitted. It seemed like it was a word vs word type deal but there were witnesses collaborating that it was consensual...some of which were even friends of the accuser.

I saw in the paper a week later that he was convicted. I was surprised. Look, he probably did it. What do we know we werent there but its also possible she got pissed because he did admit that she wouldn't leave quickly in the morning and she got upset when he wouldn't drive her home. He told her to take the bus and was just kind of smug about banging her in front of friends. Its also possible thats all it took for her to accuse. We are so quick to judge the bad accusation, and not give the person a right to defend theirselves.

In this specific case, it's entirely possible they did a 3way and she felt bad about it after. Felt used. Dejected when they didnt want to talk with her after that. Combine with the fact that it was known he was going to be an NFL player. It's certainly POSSIBLE it was fabricated.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The hope is that every young girl understands the real-life lessons here. Don't be a cock-tease. Don't get drunk and hang out at frat houses, etc.
You can't say that. It's called victim blaming.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:30 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You can't say that. It's called victim blaming.
Lol, call it whatever you want. Reality is a bitch.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up