ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 45
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:06 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The only post I like in this thread.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:33 PM 12-09-2022
I've never said otherwise. :-)
Fair enough.

Not all your brethren feel the same way apparently. Sorry if I incorrectly lumped you in with that lot.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:44 PM 12-09-2022
Really the only unforced error (and hilarious) part of it from Mizzou's end was that Drink had no reason to even comment on the bowl situation but for some reason tweeted some bravado "ANY TIME, ANY PLACE" message denying the reports only to have the reports confirmed when the bowl was announced a couple of days later. Dude just say "this matchup doesn't add anything to our program" and call it a night :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:01 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Really the only hilarious part of it was that Drunkwitz had no reason to even comment on the bowl situation but for some reason tweeted some bravado "ANY TIME, ANY PLACE" denying the reports before confirming the reports with the bowl choice. Dude just say "this doesn't add anything to our program" and call it a night :-)
Drink just wanted to hear himself talk.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:09 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Really the only hilarious part of it was that Drunkwitz had no reason to even comment on the bowl situation but for some reason tweeted some bravado "ANY TIME, ANY PLACE" denying the reports before confirming the reports with the bowl choice. Dude just say "this doesn't add anything to our program" and call it a night :-)
While that's a fair point, I've said all along it wasn't up to the coaches or players where they ended up.

I'm sure Drink posted that mainly because the university and HIS team and HIS players were getting roasted in the media and he wanted to show he had their backs and that it wasn't THEIR fault that the matchup wasn't gonna happen.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:34 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Arkansas hasn't played you all since the 1800's . . . . . . literally. (Sorry, 1905 & 1906. Close enough)

And I'll just leave this here:

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/...-theres-been-/

A little later, Self was asked the very same thing, but that question, perhaps indicative of the fact that many believe it’s Kansas that has the final say in whether this rival will continue, came just less than a minute into his postgame press conference.

“That’s what fans want to know, but we’re gonna do what’s best for us,” Self said. “We’re not interested in doing what’s best for Missouri or best for Missouri fans. But if it’s best for us to play ’em, we will. It’s not a complicated deal.

“I’m not gonna say never, but I don’t think there’s been any change in our position. I’m the spokesman, I guess, on this, but, trust me, I’m not the only one that feels that way. There was a very large contingent of KU people that wasn’t happy that we were doing this initially until they realized it was for a good cause. ... Kudos to both administrations and the fans for doing something that was pretty special.”

Kansas just gets pissy when they don't have the final say so and can't be in control . . . . . . . . spoiled little bitch brats, like their coach.
Truth hurts (bolded part), doesnt it?

Once MU gets a few Natty's under it's belt (giggle), they can be arrogant about who they play or dont play as well.

Until then, carry on being a door mat in the SEC......
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:37 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Truth hurts (bolded part), doesnt it?

Once MU gets a few Natty's under it's belt (giggle), they can be arrogant about who they play or dont play as well.

Until then, carry on being a door mat in the SEC......
^ spoiled little bitch brat ^
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:39 PM 12-09-2022
^ spoiled little bitch brat ^
They are.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:22 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
They are.
Yup.

They think cause they won a couple "natty's" in basketball over the last 30 years that their shit don't stink and they can talk down to everyone and dictate the terms of things (much like their coach likes to do, go figure).

Nevermind the fact that they've LITERALLY been the worst Power 5 program in football over the last decade. That's not even me throwing shade, that's just a fact that is backed up by data and their record in that time. They get one little .500 season for the first time in a decade and think they can stomp and cry and get what they want and if they don't, oh boy, look out . . . . . .

Bill Self spent half a decade telling Mizzou to **** off cause they left the Big 12 for the SEC (nevermind the fact it had NOTHING to do with Kansas and EVERYTHING to do with Texas and their bullshit) and now Mizzou (and the SEC) is telling Kansas to **** off and you're not gonna get your bowl game that you want that you're pissing and moaning over. Bottom line, they can't handle being told 'no'.

And they're losing their ****ing minds over it.

Like I said before, spoiled little bitch brats (just like their basketball coach)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:24 PM 12-09-2022
Yup.

They think cause they won a couple "natty's" in basketball over the last 30 years that their shit don't stink and they can talk down to everyone and dictate the terms of things (much like their coach likes to do, go figure).

Nevermind the fact that they've LITERALLY been the worst Power 5 program in football over the last decade. That's not even me throwing shade, that's just a fact that is backed up by data and their record in that time. They get one little .500 season for the first time in a decade and think they can stomp and cry and get what they want and if they don't, oh boy, look out . . . . . .

Bill Self spent half a decade telling Mizzou to fuck off cause they left the Big 12 for the SEC (nevermind the fact it had NOTHING to do with Kansas and EVERYTHING to do with Texas and their bullshit) and now Mizzou (and the SEC) is telling Kansas to fuck off and you're not gonna get your bowl game that you want and that you're pissing and moaning over. Bottom line, they can't handle being told 'no'.

And they're losing their fucking minds over it.

Like I said before, spoiled little bitch brats (just like their basketball coach)
Not to mention the advantage that they have, they can get literally anybody they want and MU can’t, they better win.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:30 PM 12-09-2022
I know several KU fans who wanted Self fired the last several years but now they are kissing his ass again since he won the easiest bracket of all time last season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:30 PM 12-09-2022
Yup.

Bill Self spent half a decade telling Mizzou to **** off cause they left the Big 12 for the SEC (nevermind the fact it had NOTHING to do with Kansas and EVERYTHING to do with Texas and their bullshit) and now Mizzou (and the SEC) is telling Kansas to **** off and you're not gonna get your bowl game that you want that you're pissing and moaning over. Bottom line, they can't handle being told 'no'.

And they're losing their ****ing minds over it.

:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:32 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I know several KU fans who wanted Self fired the last several years but now they are kissing his ass again since he won the easiest bracket of all time last season.
Yeah, KU BB has a lot of idiot fans... there were people here 20 years ago who wanted him fired after Bucknell and Bradley.

JFC, at least wait for them to lose to a 15 seed first. :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:34 PM 12-09-2022
Yeah, KU BB has a lot of idiot fans... there were people here 20 years ago who wanted him fired after Bucknell and Bradley.

JFC, at least wait for them to lose to a 15 seed first. :-)
I thought you were a NW Missouri State fan or does Bearcat represent something else?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:35 PM 12-09-2022
I still want to know how Aaron Miles hit that 3 pointer 20 years ago, that was some voo doo shit.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 45
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up