ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 45
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:48 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Surprised Mizzou didn't try to dodge this like they did tue bowl game against KU
Surprised a Nebraska fan still remembers what bowl games even are.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:55 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
College basketball is a completely irrelevant sport, but I suppose it would be fun if we somehow get the win.
Viewers:

CFB Nat'l Championship - 22.6 million

CBB Nat'l Championship - 17.1 million

Hm. Almost seems like something the fan of a bad basketball program who had to watch his "rival" win the nat'l championship would say.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12-07-2022, 10:10 PM
This message has been deleted by Rams Fan. Reason: not worth it
comochiefsfan 10:15 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Viewers:

Hm. Almost seems like something the fan of a bad basketball program who had to watch his "rival" win the nat'l championship would say.
If College Basketball meant anything at all than kU would be in the B1G and not in a mid major conference.

Before long kU will be as irrelevant as the dying sport they care so much about.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Viewers:

Weird how they play CBB in football stadiums during the Final Four, given how so few people care aobut it.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:19 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You have to understand that guy willingly lives in Columbia. That’s like choosing to live in Ferguson or St Joe.
Been to Low Rents a couple times. What a depressing hell hole.

Como looks like Shangri-La by comparison.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:19 PM 12-07-2022

Before long kU will be as irrelevant as the dying sport they care so much about.
Is there a timeline for this? Ya'll have been banking on this for like 15 fucking years. :-):-)

Similar to people always thinking the sky is falling for the Chiefs.... living in a future that doesn't actually exist.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:24 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Is there a timeline for this? Ya'll have been banking on this for like 15 ****ing years. :-):-)
Mizzou is diving in swimming pools of cash, Scrooge McDuck style, courtesy of the SEC.

Meanwhile, kU is scrounging together every penny they can find to make the first upgrades to their high school football stadium since the Eisenhower administration.

It's adorable but a little too late.

Thank God our administration had the foresight to at least make us a respectable program in football so we could stay in a power conference. Probably saved our university.

I would hate to be a fan of a school that will be stuck in the mid majors forever because they prioritized a dying niche sport like college basketball.

Sad.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:34 PM 12-07-2022
Mizzou is diving in swimming pools of cash, Scrooge McDuck style, courtesy of the SEC.

Meanwhile, kU is scrounging together every penny they can find to make the first upgrades to their high school football stadium since the Eisenhower administration.

It's adorable but a little too late.

Thank God our administration had the foresight to at least make us a respectable program in football so we could stay in a power conference. Probably saved our university.

I would hate to be a fan of a school that will be stuck in the mid majors forever because they prioritized a dying niche sport like college basketball.

Sad.
This is a nice fantasy for Missouri fans, I guess, but I was asking about things rooted in reality.

Kansas just won a National Championship in the sport you don't care about, but also just had its best football season in a over a decade.

Missouri is barely treading water in football and has been far worse off in the past decade than they were before leaving the Big 12 and might as well be a mid-major in basketball.

FFS, the school is what, like 12 years into the SEC and you could have been placed in the same bowl as lowly dying Kansas this season.... and you're trying to tell us how it's all sunshine and roses?

Who are you trying to convince, exactly? :-)

And you didn't answer the timeline question... when should I expect Kansas sports to die and Missouri to do something with all that money you'll never see but is somehow really important to you?

Check-in in another decade and a half, maybe?

Send Pepe over to Tigerboard in 2040 to see how it's going?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:43 PM 12-07-2022
If College Basketball meant anything at all than kU would be in the B1G and not in a mid major conference.

The reason CBB isn't a bigger player in realignment isn't because of the popularity or the total amount of revenue. Its how it's divided up. The NCAA hoards cash from the Tournament. Hell it funds almost their entire operation. In the CFF structure, the schools get the lions share of the money from the bowls and playoff.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 PM 12-07-2022
Maybe we should start a "College Sports Financials HATE Thread" for the Mizzou folks?

It's clearly not a sports school any longer, unless you consider cheering for Alabama a sport.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:47 PM 12-07-2022
Been to Low Rents a couple times. What a depressing hell hole.

Como looks like Shangri-La by comparison.
Said no one but you, ever. :-)

Even if Columbia were a better town (not even close), it's in the middle of nowhere.

Dajuan Harris had the right idea. Moving to Lawrence is the only way anyone from Columbia will ever win anything. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:49 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The reason CBB isn't a bigger player in realignment isn't because of the popularity or the total amount of revenue. Its how it's divided up. The NCAA hoards cash from the Tournament. Hell it funds almost their entire operation. In the CFF structure, the schools get the lions share of the money from the bowls and playoff.
Shhhh.....he's on a roll....
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:51 PM 12-07-2022
This is a nice fantasy for Missouri fans, I guess, but I was asking about things rooted in reality.

Kansas just won a National Championship in the sport you don't care about, but also just had its best football season in a over a decade.

Missouri is barely treading water in football and has been far worse off in the past decade than they were before leaving the Big 12 and might as well be a mid-major in basketball.

FFS, the school is what, like 12 years into the SEC and you could have been placed in the same bowl as lowly dying Kansas this season.... and you're trying to tell us how it's all sunshine and roses?

Who are you trying to convince, exactly? :-)

And you didn't answer the timeline question... when should I expect Kansas sports to die and Missouri to do something with all that money you'll never see but is somehow really important to you?

Check-in in another decade and a half, maybe?

Send Pepe over to Tigerboard in 2040 to see how it's going?
I can still read the board. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:52 PM 12-07-2022

FFS, the school is what, like 12 years into the SEC and you could have been placed in the same bowl as lowly dying Kansas this season....
Yes, they could have. But they wanted no part of it. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:56 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I can still read the board. :-)
Is that the one with the early 90s layout, where there are a bunch of indented lines per "thread"? And the black background like a 13 year old emo kid designed it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 45
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up