ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brandon Williams signed to the PS
Mecca 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Per Schefter, idea is he'll go to the roster quickly.

Dude was good for the Ravens...
[Reply]
scho63 06:30 AM 11-30-2022
I doubt he will be knocking down many passes but he does look like he will FSU, per his words.
[Reply]
jettio 08:30 AM 11-30-2022
Joe Cullen is doing a good job and it is cool that he has worked with Brandon Williams before.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:52 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Joe Cullen is doing a good job and it is cool that he has worked with Brandon Williams before.
Agree. He’s talented and going to be with a coach the he is familiar with as well. What Cullen has done for this DLine is impressive and KC’s line just got better.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:58 AM 11-30-2022
This is absolutely huge for this team. This guy is a wrecker in the middle. Lining him up next to CJ is going to be disgusting.

Veach has added a former Pro Bowler to each side of the ball now for the stretch run without even trading 1 pick. Now that's how you do it.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:43 AM 11-30-2022
This is obviously a move based on conversations between Veach and Cullen and a decision to move on from Nnadi, possibly cutting him to make room to move Williams to the 53.VERY encouraging that Williams was signed. It likely means Cullen thinks he’s good to go and we likely got him for absolutely nothing in terms of cap.

This should be a force multiplier in terms of ROI.

That’s a real shame. We all had high hopes for Derrick.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:49 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This is obviously a move based on conversations between Veach and Cullen and a decision to move on from Nnadi, possibly cutting him to make room to move Williams to the 53.

I don't think you cut him, he's cheap and still valuable depth. You never know how Williams will perform after missing half a season. Taylor Stallworth I would assume will be the odd man out.

He sure has a lot of passion for the game, but his ceiling was definitely hit way earlier than anyone expected.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:51 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This is obviously a move based on conversations between Veach and Cullen and a decision to move on from Nnadi, possibly cutting him to make room to move Williams to the 53.VERY encouraging that Williams was signed. It likely means Cullen thinks he’s good to go and we likely got him for absolutely nothing in terms of cap.

This should be a force multiplier in terms of ROI.

As disappointing as Nnadi has been this year you don't cut him and keep Stallworth.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:57 AM 11-30-2022
I love this signing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 11-30-2022
Yeah, they'll likely keep Nnadi as he's familiar with scheme and such.

What ever happened to Danny Shelton?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

As I said when we signed him - that dude sucked for quite a little bit prior to this season and nobody was eager to add him to their roster.

He just isn't a very good player. He's massive but you still have to have a baseline level of lateral mobility and I just don't think he has it any more.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:04 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

He's on the PS
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 11-30-2022
Shouldn't we wait until this guy ends up on the actual roster? Seems like a lot of hype for a PS player who probably won't play until there's an injury.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:23 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Shouldn't we wait until this guy ends up on the actual roster? Seems like a lot of hype for a PS player who probably won't play until there's an injury.
Based on the report it certainly sounds like he was told he'd be on the active roster pretty quickly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:24 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We had someone saying that Danny Shelton could be the 'cornerstone of the defense for 3-5 years' back when we signed him.

Which remains one of the more laughably homeristic takes I've ever seen.

Though I do think Williams is elevated to the 53 and gameday roster relatively quickly, injury or no.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Based on the report it certainly sounds like he was told he'd be on the active roster pretty quickly.
Sounds encouraging then.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up