ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chargers waive Jerry Tillery
KC Hawks 08:02 PM 11-10-2022

Chargers waived their former first-round pick Jerry Tillery.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 11, 2022

Bring him in, Bread Veg?
[Reply]
BossChief 03:08 AM 11-11-2022
Whew. Jerry has been a burning dumpster fire every year and he’s getting cut in the middle of his best year as far as grades from PFF. According to them, he hasn’t sucked out loud this year.

He’s a big upgrade to Nnadi and a small upgrade to Saunders, if we’re going off PFF grades.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:26 AM 11-11-2022
Kind of nice to see them draft a dud for once!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:23 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Whew. Jerry has been a burning dumpster fire every year and he’s getting cut in the middle of his best year as far as grades from PFF. According to them, he hasn’t sucked out loud this year.

He’s a big upgrade to Nnadi and a small upgrade to Saunders, if we’re going off PFF grades.
He's not playing the same position as Nnadi or Saunders.

'DT' is not the same at both spots.

Tillery is a Jones/Wharton DT. 3 tech.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 11-11-2022
I mean…..wouldn’t hurt
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:13 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean…..wouldn’t hurt
Definitely no reason not to at least put in a claim. This organization has the coaches and culture in place to get the best out of underachieving players. The Chargers do not.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:25 AM 11-11-2022
He doesn't play for the Bolts anymore, but just saw that Jason Verrett tore his Achilles yesterday. This dude may have had worse injury luck than any player in NFL history. This is likely the end of the road for him. Could've been a really, really good cover corner. Here's his list of injuries:

Shoulder labrum 2014
ACL tear 2016
Shoulder labrum 2017
Torn Achilles 2018
ACL tear 2021
Torn Achilles 2022
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

He's more Chris Jones than those guys though. He'd pretty much be filling the void that Wharton left.

I guess he can maybe line up at SDE on passing downs like Jones too.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:36 AM 11-11-2022
Doubt we will have a chance but he would be good for depth.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:09 PM 11-11-2022
Can he kick FG's?
[Reply]
myselff77 03:57 PM 11-11-2022
Schefter says multiple teams tried to trade for the dude, but instead of taking anything for him, the Chargers turned down those trade offers only to outright release the guy a few days later?

That seems very Chargers of them. Am I missing something?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
He doesn't play for the Bolts anymore, but just saw that Jason Verrett tore his Achilles yesterday. This dude may have had worse injury luck than any player in NFL history. This is likely the end of the road for him. Could've been a really, really good cover corner. Here's his list of injuries:

Shoulder labrum 2014
ACL tear 2016
Shoulder labrum 2017
Torn Achilles 2018
ACL tear 2021
Torn Achilles 2022
Health is a skill - he didn't have it.

It's no different than being slow or short or scrawny.

There are a handful of skills you need to have to play at any given position but the one that applies to ALL of them is health and Verrett simply didn't have it. It's hard for me to call it bad injury luck - his body just wasn't built to play professional football.

He's different than you or I in the 'how' of it, but not in the 'what' of it - he's just not cut out for the game at the highest level.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:03 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

There are a handful of skills you need to have to play at any given position but the one that applies to ALL of them is health and Verrett simply didn't have it. It's hard for me to call it bad injury luck - his body just wasn't built to play professional football.

He's different than you or I in the 'how' of it, but not in the 'what' of it - he's just not cut out for the game at the highest level.
Verrett's injuries are chronic. The should was a reinjury. All the lower leg injuries stemmed from rushing back from the ACL before he built up the muscle groups around it.

Chargers gonna Charger, though!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:14 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He makes Sammy Watkins look like Cal Ripken Jr.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:27 PM 11-14-2022
We tried

Eight teams - Las Vegas, Detroit, Carolina, Indianapolis, San Francisco, New York Jets, New York Giants, and Kansas City - put in waiver claims for former Chargers’ first-round pick Jerry Tillery, who was assigned to the Raiders.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 14, 2022

[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:27 PM 11-14-2022

Eight teams - Las Vegas, Detroit, Carolina, Indianapolis, San Francisco, New York Jets, New York Giants, and Kansas City - put in waiver claims for former Chargers’ first-round pick Jerry Tillery, who was assigned to the Raiders.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 14, 2022

[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up