ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 139
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
myselff77 10:51 AM 10-27-2022
Thought we already had Justyn Ross as our uber talented injury prone WR.
[Reply]
493rd 10:51 AM 10-27-2022
Now, what does this say about Skyy Moore?
[Reply]
Ken Bone 10:51 AM 10-27-2022
I hope you guys are right and it works out. I was just hoping we would add an impact player to the defense.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
My guess: our new punt returner
That was my guess.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Burning question: does he returned punts?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Indeed it is.

As I said to you in April when you said you didn't like the deal: No risk it, no biscuit.

Scared money don't make money.

This is the kind of deal that could pay ENORMOUS dividends. I don't think some recognize just how electric this kid is. Probably the best player in space in that entire draft class. And he can fucking fly.

And if it doesn't work out - okay, you lost a 3rd. {shrug} We had a spare one. And an extra 4th. Those have value but not immeasurably so. Your best case scenario with most 3rd round picks is a flyer at a position of importance (like, y'know, Kadarius Toney) or a more reliable pick at a position of LESS importance.

Well right now we have most of the second tier positions locked down pretty well for the foreseeable future. So in all probability, we'd be gambling on boom/bust guys with that pick anyway. And very possibly a WR at that.

This is a GREAT gamble.
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Now, what does this say about Skyy Moore?
Fucking nothing. Jesus Christ. Not everything has to be about Moore.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
The Giants (or any team not named the Texans) aren't just going to give us a great player for peanuts.

If you want to wind up with a great player, you either have to pay out the ass or try to find a guy when his stock is low.

We're rolling the dice. Taking a risk. Whatever euphemism you want to use. Some of you who have been demanding Veach be more aggressive towards the end of the trade deadline are shirking at the draft pick we're giving up.

Let Veach do his thing. Toney might continue being a broke dick with a poor attitude. Or he might be productive. Either way, Veach is doing what ya'll wanted.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
I hope you guys are right and it works out. I was just hoping we would add an impact player to the defense.
We still can.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
You do realize the Chiefs still can make moves, yeah? You're not one and done at the trade deadline.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:52 AM 10-27-2022
Goddamn I keep getting ponied.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 AM 10-27-2022
Would rather have used that 3rd for a DE tbh
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:53 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Indeed it is.

As I said to you in April when you said you didn't like the deal: No risk it, no biscuit.

Scared money don't make money.

This is the kind of deal that could pay ENORMOUS dividends. I don't think some recognize just how electric this kid is. Probably the best player in space in that entire draft class. And he can fucking fly.

And if it doesn't work out - okay, you lost a 3rd. {shrug} We had a spare one. And an extra 4th. Those have value but not immeasurably so. Your best case scenario with most 3rd round picks is a flyer at a position of importance (like, y'know, Kadarius Toney) or a more reliable pick at a position of LESS importance.

Well right now we have most of the second tier positions locked down pretty well for the foreseeable future. So in all probability, we'd be gambling on boom/bust guys with that pick anyway. And very possibly a WR at that.

This is a GREAT gamble.
Fine. Hope he gets healthy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You really think that Toney is going to come in and do anything like that? With all of the guys that are here? lol whatever
Yeah - something tells me that Kadarius Toney isn't going to poison a locker room that has Kelce, Mahomes, Thuney and JuJu. Hell, by all accounts, OBJ is HIGHLY respected in the lockerroom.

This is a very very stable offensive group. I'm not even a little worried about adding a volatile personality to it (which is why I think the Pickens character concerns are overblown).

Might his personality prevent him from excelling in his own right? Yup - that's the risk.

But is his personality gonna detonate the lockerroom? Pft...Patrick Mahomes ain't Daniel Jones fellas. We're gonna be fine.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:53 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fucking nothing. Jesus Christ. Not everything has to be about Moore.
But what does that post say about 493rd?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 139
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up