« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 01:52 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Mark my words.

Skyy Moore will be the reason we win a game, THIS YEAR!

Might be a playoff game, might be due to injuries but he will get a shot and he will excel. THIS YEAR!

He is a very good Receiver with skills. When the team needs him most, he is going to deliver!
Uh he kinda did in LA. The guy made (I believe) 2 critical catches on 3rd down and one of them was on the game winning drive.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:14 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah we're not gonna agree on that one.

Hell, a broadcaster in one of last games referred to JJSS as a "WR/TE hybrid". Which is comically a back handed compliment, and fairly accurate.

Nah. I want a WR/WR Hybrid that defenses worry about leaving alone on an island.

No defense is worried about leaving JJSS on an island.
Why is "WR/TE hybrid" a back-handed compliment?

TEs are the biggest mismatch in football. Too big for most DBs to cover, and too athletic for most LBs. Not seeing the slight there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:18 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Why is "WR/TE hybrid" a back-handed compliment?

TEs are the biggest mismatch in football. Too big for most DBs to cover, and too athletic for most LBs. Not seeing the slight there.
Because they're more or less calling him a big, slow zone eater.

You think they'd call Chase or Hill or Jefferson or Diggs etc etc a "WR/TE Hybrid"?

Hell no.

And unlike an ACTUAL TE, he is not too big to cover. And he'll never be matched up on a LB, and he'll rarely be more athletic than the DB covering him.

So no, i don't view it as a good thing for our WR to be called that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 12-09-2022
Because they're more or less calling him a big, slow zone eater.

You think they'd call Chase or Hill or Jefferson or Diggs etc etc a "WR/TE Hybrid"?

Hell no.

And unlike an ACTUAL TE, he is not too big to cover. And he'll never be matched up on a LB, and he'll rarely be more athletic than the DB covering him.

So no, i don't view it as a good thing for our WR to be called that.
Um, teams have already matched LBs on him. And he doesn't have to be more athletic than a CB, just use his size to shield them off. Which he does fairly well already.

But this is just semantics now. I'm not married to JJSS. I think we need someone like him, but if we can find a guy with more athleticism without losing anything, why not.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:12 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Um, teams have already matched LBs on him.
That only further proves my point.

Think about what you're saying here. Teams are willing to put a linebacker on our #1 WR?

Yikes that's bad.

You'd NEVER put a LB on a legitimate WR threat. The fact that teams are willing to do that tells you what the NFL thinks of him.

And i say that all the time. Teams TELL you what they think by how they play you.

Kelce draws triple coverage.

JJSS draws a LB.

If you are in fact right, they are TELLING you how much of a threat JJSS is to them.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:47 PM 12-09-2022

Think about what you're saying here. Teams are willing to put a linebacker on our #1 WR?

Yikes that's bad.

You'd NEVER put a LB on a legitimate WR threat. The fact that teams are willing to do that tells you what the NFL thinks of him.

And i say that all the time. Teams TELL you what they think by how they play you.

JJSS draws a LB.

If you are in fact right, they are TELLING you how much of a threat JJSS is to them.
I think JJSS has been fine but I basically agree with all this. He'd also be an embarrassing WR1. I think our scheme and Pat have made him look good
[Reply]
BossChief 05:08 PM 12-09-2022
Veach is always looking to add players from a point of analytics and value. His track record for signings reinforces that belief.

I think Veach will offer Hardman AND Juju bargain deals in hopes of retaining them, but in his mind and in closed door meetings, I think he will be ok letting both walk for 2024 comp picks if the coaches are confident in the abilities of Skyy Moore and MVS while the training staff having positive outlooks for Toney and Ross. Then you save the cap space for a big swing on the offensive or defensive lines. Maybe even a trade for a guy like Tunsil.

Then you draft a WR and try to being Watson back on a value deal. Fortson could probably play the role Juju is currently playing in this offense at a similar production amount.

Our 2024 draft could be stacked if Bienemy gets a HC job and we get comp picks for Hardman and Juju…especially if we can move the cap resources to a more needed position.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:45 PM 12-09-2022

Yikes that's bad.

JJSS draws a LB.

Well, to be fair, JJSS has drawn LBs in certain situations. And those were pretty much forced by how Andy schemed the play.

The two times i remember JJ getting a LB fore sure were when he was lined up as the H or when the Chiefs were lined up in 13 personnel and at the snap JJ ran his route to the inside, drawing the LB.

None f that is new in Andy's offense, of course, he does it a lot. And in the past, that was something Sammy did as well.

Hell, there was at least one play when technically Tyreek was lined up in the T/H (iirc), and he actually tried to block a DE.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:10 PM 12-09-2022
Man, there's being critical, like...thoughtful analysis, and then there's what half of this board does: Everyone sucks, the coaching sucks, the players suck and all need replaced, Veach sucks and his evaluations suck, all of these draft picks suck because we should have drafted the guy I liked instead and we're 11 games into their rookie years and they're not dominating, and it all just sucks.

It's fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
philfree 06:54 PM 12-09-2022

Yikes that's bad.

JJSS draws a LB.

I'll go out on a limb and say no team has intentionally put a LB on JuJu. That's just the way it worked out and it was probably what we wanted to happen. It happens with other teams too.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:56 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Man, there's being critical, like...thoughtful analysis, and then there's what half of this board does: Everyone sucks, the coaching sucks, the players suck and all need replaced, Veach sucks and his evaluations suck, all of these draft picks suck because we should have drafted the guy I liked instead and we're 11 games into their rookie years and they're not dominating, and it all just sucks.

It's fucking ridiculous.
That's not what's happening here at all. You're being dramatic.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:58 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'll go out on a limb and say no team has intentionally put a LB on JuJu. That's just the way it worked out and it was probably what we wanted to happen. It happens with other teams too.
Imma go on a limb and say that no competent defense would ever allow an elite caliber WR to line up on a LB, no matter how good the offensive scheme is.

The Chiefs can "want" a mismatch all they want, but they were never, ever gonna get a LB covering Tyreek Hill downfield.

The only way that happens is because the player is an after thought and the defense is focusing their attention on more primary, dangerous targets.
[Reply]
philfree 07:02 PM 12-09-2022
Imma go on a limb and say that no competent defense would ever allow an elite caliber WR to line up on a LB, no matter how good the offensive scheme is.

The Chiefs can "want" a mismatch all they want, but they were never, ever gonna get a LB covering Tyreek Hill downfield.

The only way that happens is because the player is an after thought and the defense is focusing their attention on more primary, dangerous targets.
Teams are constantly scheming to get WRs matched up with LBs. It happens every week in the NFL.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:06 PM 12-09-2022
That's not what's happening here at all. You're being dramatic.
Nah, he’s spot on. You’re desperate to be right on this take. Why keep posting over and over again about a receiver with this limited sample size? Things will figure themselves out over time and you’ll be wrong or not.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:09 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

It's fucking ridiculous.
:-) Nailed it.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 278
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Up