ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 40
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Hootie 11:13 AM 12-22-2014
Derek Carr is fucking awful.

Awful.

His QBR against KC was 14. 14.

Against Buffalo? 32. 32.

On the year? 40.

He is a god awful, terrible, no future QB.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:15 AM 12-22-2014
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...757/derek-carr

He's not good, and he won't be good. Ever.

Alex Smith is 25 times the QB Derek Carr will ever be. And Alex Smith is ok at best.

What is with ChiefsPlanet and shit QB's?

This is the same website that didn't want Tony Romo to be a Chief ... but oggles over Derek fucking Carr.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:16 AM 12-22-2014
Dude was flat out atrocious against Buffalo, too. This is why cherry picking a stat sheet makes me laugh every time. They won despite QB play against Buffalo due to Buffalo having an absolutely horrendous offense as well.

Derek Carr has absolutely not potential to be a good starting NFL QB. None.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:19 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Derek Carr is fucking awful.

Awful.

His QBR against KC was 14. 14.

Against Buffalo? 32. 32.

On the year? 40.

He is a god awful, terrible, no future QB.
When the CBS brass decided America had seen enough of the Cowboys/Colts game and mercifully swithced us to the Bills/Raiders game... sarasm intended... at least we saw Carr make a pass on 3rd and 22 that we know Smith would have checked down to a pass for no gain. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:19 AM 12-22-2014

Alex Smith is 25 times the QB Derek Carr will ever be. And Alex Smith is ok at best.

This is the same website that didn't want Tony Romo to be a Chief ... but oggles over Derek ****ing Carr.
As a rookie Derek Carr has already thrown 20 TD's. Alex has done that once in his entire career.

You need to understand that Oakland has nobody. Their running game is bottom 10. Their receivers are bottom 10. Their OL is average.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 AM 12-22-2014

This is the same website that didn't want Tony Romo to be a Chief ... but oggles over Derek ****ing Carr.
As a rookie Derek Carr has already thrown 20 TD's. Alex has done that once in his entire career.

You need to understand that Oakland has nobody. Their running game is bottom 10. Their receivers are bottom 10. Their OL is average. They have an interim shit coach.

Alex Smith had that year 1. Why don't you look at how he fared as a rookie in those circumstances.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:21 AM 12-22-2014

Sadness and desperation
[Reply]
Snapplez 11:22 AM 12-22-2014
Dude was flat out atrocious against Buffalo, too. This is why cherry picking a stat sheet makes me laugh every time. They won despite QB play against Buffalo due to Buffalo having an absolutely horrendous offense as well.

Derek Carr has absolutely not potential to be a good starting NFL QB. None.
I wonder if you ever get tired of bein wrong
[Reply]
Hootie 11:23 AM 12-22-2014
I don't need to understand anything. Oakland is terrible because their QB is terrible. If Carr was good, he'd pass some sort of eye test. But he doesn't. Not one. They purposely cater their gameplan to give him safe passes and try and make sure he doesn't lose the game ... and he still fucking sucks.

He has 20 TDs with a whopping 40 QBR. 40.

And how many times has he gotten to play totally meaningless 4th quarters due to being down my an insurmountable amount?

This website cracks me up.

NO TO TONY ROMO!!!!

YES TO DEREK CARR!!!!

Awful.
[Reply]
Wildcat2005 11:24 AM 12-22-2014
With the exception of the Chiefs FO, I don't think there is anyone that take Smith over Carr straight up
He has all the physical tools and unlike Alex the willingness to throw the ball down the field

Surprising Reid, who is supposed to be a qb guru, settled on such a limited player
It would be interesting what Reid could do with Carr

There really isn't a single player on Oakland's offense except for maybe Murray who is considered even an average NFL player
Tough to judge a rookie on a horrible team
I mean he has 20 TDs to 11 picks

For a rookie that is actually solid
[Reply]
Hootie 11:25 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Snapplez:
I wonder if you ever get tired of bein wrong
about Derek Carr?

haha

Right.

He makes Alex Smith look like Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
bwisnasky 11:25 AM 12-22-2014
Interesting... for the year Alex is ranked 23rd with a 49.4 QBR.... with possibly the best running back that is totally underutilized by a coach that has never understood how to use a running back and a defense that played over their head for half the year to help him out... oh and he's also been in the league for 9 years now... and been around long enough to see plenty....

and Carr is a rookie, playing with NO running game for most of the year, and a defense that was shady at best... and he ranks 26th with a QBR of 40.9....

So, I guess you could say that Alex has been marginally better than Carr this year, but given Carr's modicum of success as a rookie, I am pretty optimistic he can grow more into the role of a franchise QB, than hanging onto a guy that has been the greatest game manager of the past decade, but can't throw accurately past 20 yards....

Oh, and both receiving corps are sh*t, so that's a wash....
[Reply]
ChiefsLV 11:28 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:

You need to understand that Oakland has nobody. Their running game is bottom 10. Their receivers are bottom 10. Their OL is average.
So you're saying they have better receivers and a better OL than the Chiefs. :-)
[Reply]
Hootie 11:28 AM 12-22-2014
I am so tired of Alex Smith and Alex Smith football but I would take Alex Smith 125 times out of 100 over Derek fucking Carr.

Do any of you morons really think the Raiders won't draft Mariota or Winston if they get a chance?

Carr is a lame duck shitty ass QB that provided the Raiders the opportunity to potentially get a real franchise QB.

Carr has less long term upside than Mark Sanchez.

Derek Carr is a borderline QB2 on a few teams, maybe, at best.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:31 AM 12-22-2014
have any of you assholes actually watched Derek Carr this year :-)

You keep posting these stats (which are garbage) and I suppose no one has seen how absolutely terrible he is.

you guys are giving Derek Carr the Alex Smith treatment ... so one guy gets all of these excuses (no weapons around him) but the other guy gets none

****NEWSFLASH****

GOOD QB PLAY MAKES EVERYTHING AROUND THEM BETTER. EVERYTHING. RUNNING GAME. RECEIVERS. OL.

The reason the Raiders suck on offense is because their QB totally sucks. He is one of the 2 or 3 worst starting QB's in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 40
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up