ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:38 PM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Carr's OL and WR's are just terrible. Put Aaron Rodgers in that situation and even he would look pedestrian!
I'd be interested to see what he could do with Kelce, Bowe, and Avant.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:39 PM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Has anyone, one time today, thought, "gee this Carr kid is gonna be something special!" No. He fucking sucks and his upside is, maybe, maybe, career backup. Maybe.
I've been thinking of this thread the whole game. I don't see it.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:40 PM 12-14-2014
Carr isn't ever gonna do sheet
[Reply]
Hootie 02:41 PM 12-14-2014
Carr's OL and WR's are just terrible. Put Aaron Rodgers in that situation and even he would look pedestrian!
Bullshit. Carr sucks.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:41 PM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Bullshit. Carr sucks.
Not Carr's fault his FO can't surround him with talent! He has nothing to work with!!!

Starting to catch on, yet?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:42 PM 12-14-2014
He is not impressive in any way today. Still a rookie though but I am not impressed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:43 PM 12-14-2014
Not Carr's fault his FO can't surround him with talent! He has nothing to work with!!!

Starting to catch on, yet?
:-)
[Reply]
Simplicity 02:45 PM 12-14-2014
I'm so pissed we passed on a steaming piece of shit that is related to David Carr.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:47 PM 12-14-2014
Hootie obviously doesn't understand.

Same thing is happening to Rodgers today in Buffalo and he has 133 yards, 0 TD's and 2 INT's.
[Reply]
ChiefsLV 03:06 PM 12-14-2014
A good QB should make a shit OL and WRs better though. Chiefsplanet told me so. Oh apparently I'm not supposed to root for them anymore either, not until Reid, Dorsey, and Smith are gone.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:32 PM 12-14-2014
The same people who say Carr sucks are the same ones always calling for the bomb from Smiff :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 03:33 PM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I'd be interested to see what he could do with Kelce, Bowe, and Avant.
Continue to suck would be my guess Sweet Daddy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:35 PM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Continue to suck would be my guess Sweet Daddy.
Eh, he was facing one of the better pass-rushes in the league.
[Reply]
Hootie 05:28 PM 12-14-2014
he did absolutely nothing today, or this year, that suggests to me he has room to improve. He is a limited QB with a nice arm and that's it. Whooohooo. Maybe Brodie can get him a job in real estate in a few years.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:11 AM 12-22-2014
Derek Carr stats the last 3 weeks: 6 TD's, 0 INT's, 98.1 QBR....2-1 record

Chiefs, 49ers and Bills are all top 10 defenses and Carr has jack shit to work with.

Go **** yourself Hootie. This kid looks damn good in that shithole called Oakland.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up